eBay version 4.0

dsl135

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Received an offer on a jersey I'm trying to sell on eBay, accepted the offer, then I get this email:

"thanks for your message. Iwould love to buy this jersey. I'm collecting  nhl goalie practice jersey and this would be my first canadian team. 

The problem ist that I'm getting paid on 07/10and I would have to wait to buy it. Is this a problem for you?"

if it was a couple of days, sure no problem. But 2 weeks is a little much... why even send an offer if you don't want to buy it?

14 minutes ago, AlereFlammam said:

Received an offer on a jersey I'm trying to sell on eBay, accepted the offer, then I get this email:

"thanks for your message. Iwould love to buy this jersey. I'm collecting  nhl goalie practice jersey and this would be my first canadian team. 

The problem ist that I'm getting paid on 07/10and I would have to wait to buy it. Is this a problem for you?"

if it was a couple of days, sure no problem. But 2 weeks is a little much... why even send an offer if you don't want to buy it?

Because he didn't want to miss it. All he can do is ask. 

I have a couple pieces for sale that I'd gladly hold until 7/10 for an interested buyer. 

Yeah if it was me personally, I would just see if I could cancel the "sale" and relist it.  Every time I have had people ask me to hold something for them as they are waiting to get their paycheck I never hear from them again.  Since this is eBay, you can't ask for a $20 non-refundable down payment on it either.

2 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Yeah if it was me personally, I would just see if I could cancel the "sale" and relist it.  Every time I have had people ask me to hold something for them as they are waiting to get their paycheck I never hear from them again.  Since this is eBay, you can't ask for a $20 non-refundable down payment on it either.

I've never done it on eBay, but I have done it here on the forum multiple times with success. 

3 hours ago, furiousd said:

You're never getting paid for that. Relist it and tell him to try again when he actually can pay.

Actually, I'll amend this.  I would have filed a non-payment claim as soon as the guy informed me of his paycheck sob story.  Can't float a payment 2 weeks?  Too bad, so sad.  Get a better job.

I batted .000 being a nice guy on ebay.   The way ebay is set up, all of the pain of a non-payment is already borne by the seller.  No way I'm making it harder for myself. 

Let me add to my previous statement, those arrangements must be made in advance. Don't buy something and then ask for two weeks, do it before you buy so the seller can decide. 

That's gotta be the same jersey that caused that s***storm between Casey and Slim.

Yes that is the jersey , it was also a flyers jersey he sold me but did not disclose all about the jersey 

12 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

It makes me want to list the one I have that's banged up

12 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

Simple....Penguins are cup champs (repeat no less) and listed at a good time.  Only three people actually bid it up that high.  So they must have really wanted this.

I remember when I sold my Hawks barberpole.  I saw a couple on eBay sell for about 200-300 on eBay

After the 2010 cup win, i listed mine and it sold for 395 plus shipping.

Edited by HockeyMusic

2 minutes ago, HockeyMusic said:

Simple....Penguins are cup champs (repeat no less) and listed at a good time.  Only three people actually bid it up that high.  So they must have really wanted this.

I remember when I sold my Hawks barberpole.  I saw a couple on eBay sell for about 200-300 on eBay

After the 2010 cup win, i listed mine and it sold for 395 plus shipping.

Yup. Striking while the iron is hot, as they say. 

1 hour ago, amonte78 said:

Reminds me of a $5k John Scott college gamer right after the ASG 2016 :D

Well, he was the MVP. 

:)

We've all been there 
I have a pile of worthless junk I'll never break even on 

Good luck

Pro: Sun's out, guns out. 

Con: You have to have the All Star Patch and Team Logo tattooed on your shoulders. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CONCEPTS-X-MITCHELL-NESS-NHL-EASTERN-CONFERENCE-ALL-STAR-TANK-JERSEY-SZ-L-BRAN-/332293354337?hash=item4d5e3a3361:g:gMwAAOSwPWRZXSYJ

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Pro: Sun's out, guns out. 

Con: You have to have the All Star Patch and Team Logo tattooed on your shoulders. 

Ideal for every Armpittsburgh Penguins fan...*ba dum tsssssss*