dsl135

eBay version 4.0

4,380 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Heck, if eBay offered this kind of service as "seller insurance" and charged $50 a year for it, I bet they'd make a ton of money.  I should be eBay's CEO.

Just remember, we all knew you before you were a big shot so only charge us $25. 

13 minutes ago, CJ Matthews said:

I don't mind that. Sometimes I almost prefer if the buyer takes a few days because I'm not ready to ship and when my listing says I have to ship within 3 days and I need 5 I need that extra cushion.

I guess its a matter of preference. 

I would add, if someone TELLS me they are going to pay in 3-5 days, its a lot different than someone who just never responds and doesn't pay for 5 days. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Just remember, we all knew you before you were a big shot so only charge us $25. 

I'm a nice guy. It's free for IJ peeps ? 

5 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I'm a nice guy. It's free for IJ peeps ? 

This is exactly what makes you a good CEO, my man. 

2 hours ago, CJ Matthews said:

I don't mind that. Sometimes I almost prefer if the buyer takes a few days because I'm not ready to ship and when my listing says I have to ship within 3 days and I need 5 I need that extra cushion.

Since I pay my PayPal using either a credit card or PayPal Credit, I time my payments based on the ends of statements. I will always tell the buyer if I need a few days before paying. 

7 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

Since I pay my PayPal using either a credit card or PayPal Credit, I time my payments based on the ends of statements. I will always tell the buyer if I need a few days before paying. 

This is the key. 

I would add, its one thing to ask for a couple of days. Its another thing altogether to win something on June 1 and after doing so, telling the seller you aren't paying until June 28. I know that's NOT what you are saying, just pointing out the obvious. 

Personally, I don't bid on anything that I can't pay for immediately, but if I had a situation where a few days made a difference, I would probably ask the seller in advance f it was ok. 

My least favorite is "well, I have some items for sale, let me see if they sell before I pay". That's not cool. I don't need to wait for you to sell something, if you need to do that, you shouldn't have bid. 

"I have items ending tomorrow, can I wait until then to see if they sell, and then I will pay either way" is perfectly acceptable. 

Way too $$. That seller's prices are insanely inflated. 

4 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Way too $$. That seller's prices are insanely inflated. 

i SECOND THAT MAYBE A FRIEND OF JERSEYFORTHEWIN 

I just don't get how people still pay for things at those prices (from their feedback) when there are things that are decent priced cant be moved from others....

Would-be buyer responds to my PM in which I nudge him to pay, says he's excited to get the jersey. Still doesn't pay. 

have you hinted this to him?

Try sending him an invoice through eBay. That might spark him to pay. 

Heh. I'm a poet and didn't know it. I rhyme all the time. 

23 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Try sending him an invoice through eBay. That might spark him to pay. 

Heh. I'm a poet and didn't know it. I rhyme all the time. 

I usually do this. I figure maybe it looks more official than me sending a pm.

Yep. I'll usually send an invoice 2 days after the auction ends. I'll send another 2 days after that. Then, if they still haven't paid, I'll send a PM 2 days after that. 2 days later it goes to non-paying bidder/final value refund. 8 days is very generous. Almost too generous, but in reality, I'd rather get paid. 

Of course, it doesn't matter much anymore because I'm not accepting offers anymore and I require immediate payment  on my listings now. Too much BS to deal with. 

I have my account setup to automatically open an unpaid item case after 2 days. That usually speeds up the process.

A little nudge was all that it took. I am awesome. 

You know what's awkward? When you ask a 60-something relative who lives in another city to pick-up an off-ebay purchase for you ... and they charge you shipping. Yup. After arranging an easy-pick up on a jersey that I purchased from another collector, the relative in question is charging me to send it.

Edited by Dr_Puck

Odd looking jersey all around, looks legit until you get to the NHL shield 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/142399563784?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

That's 100%. The sewn on NHL shield was common in 2005-06 and 2006-07.

I was just about to reply.....it does look legit.   Even the (part that is showing) fight strap looks legit.

However the wrinkly numbers and the jersey material are throwing me for a loop.

Would need additional photos to really tell

Edited by HockeyMusic

I've got quite a few Reebok 6100's with that NHL shield.  The shield looks weird in that photo because it's grossly overexposed due to the dark background.  But it's OK.

Never saw that before, I'd have thought that was fake too. 

1 hour ago, Hockey Bob said:

Odd looking jersey all around, looks legit until you get to the NHL shield 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/142399563784?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I had that same jersey about two years ago. The funny thing about those 6100 Sabres jerseys is that the material on the back is the same type of mesh on the back of an Edge jersey. It's kind of an in between-transition style from that era.