dsl135

eBay version 4.0

4,380 posts in this topic

Righto. I've gotten many a navy EDGE plate from those 06-07 slug jerseys.

1 hour ago, thebiggoalie said:

I had that same jersey about two years ago. The funny thing about those 6100 Sabres jerseys is that the material on the back is the same type of mesh on the back of an Edge jersey. It's kind of an in between-transition style from that era. 

And they had a collar that showed up on a few Edge jerseys. It was, for all intents and purposes, an Edge prototype without the Edge cut.

As I said, had a buyer hit BIN on something last week, they never paid, never answered any messages, have 0 feedback, and yet you can't do anything and they get away with it and waste your time. I went into the settings to try and block buyers with 0 feedback, and the best you can do is if they have -1. How can they get -1 if you can't leave negative feedback on a non-paying buyer with 0 feedback? E-Bay screws you again and again, first by automatically turning the instant payment option back off, and then not having any serious repercussions for the non-paying buyer.

Not hockey,  but maybe we can all put in some money and we can own this jersey like a time share.  Every two weeks out of the year, we get to wear it.  Sounds like at plan!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EDDIE-VAN-HALEN-84-CINCINNATI-BENGALS-PLAYER-JERSEY-NEW-MED-44-RARE-/382116455356?hash=item58f7ea63bc:g:s8gAAOSwY3BZNaEX

11 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

Not hockey,  but maybe we can all put in some money and we can own this jersey like a time share.  Every two weeks out of the year, we get to wear it.  Sounds like at plan!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EDDIE-VAN-HALEN-84-CINCINNATI-BENGALS-PLAYER-JERSEY-NEW-MED-44-RARE-/382116455356?hash=item58f7ea63bc:g:s8gAAOSwY3BZNaEX

At that price, someone is sure to Jump on it. :rolleyes:  I'd offer, but it's just not a great fit for my collection Right Now. 

It's a really nice jersey, but I "ain't talkin 'bout love". :D

Great "D" look what you started...

Looks like a normal team-issued Bengals jersey to me.  I don't see any reason why that thing is worth more than like $200, tops.

2 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Looks like a normal team-issued Bengals jersey to me.  I don't see any reason why that thing is worth more than like $200, tops.

But it was customized with Van Halen so that means it is worth so much more!  Anything after the 1984 album sucked from them anyway.  Do even get me started with the Hager years.

Oh, yeah, everyone knows that Sammy Hagar ruined that band.  DLR forever!

Edit: 1000 posts. Woot!

Edited by jsh139

He's not yelling, he's just speaking in ALL CAPS. 

24 minutes ago, furiousd said:

At that price, someone is sure to Jump on it. :rolleyes:  I'd offer, but it's just not a great fit for my collection Right Now. 

I am sure the pun-master himself will be all over this. Paging mfitz. 

32 minutes ago, furiousd said:

I'm gonna ask if those jerseys were made in Panama.

42 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

It's a really nice jersey, but I "ain't talkin 'bout love". :D

Great "D" look what you started...

You Really Got Me distracted with the puns, but I gotta get back to work. 

43 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

I am sure the pun-master himself will be all over this. Paging mfitz. 

This is what I get for not being on the site 24 hours a day, all the good puns were made! It was quite an Eruption! :)

"Made in Panama" was where I was leaning, well done amonte78. 

15 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

This is what I get for not being on the site 24 hours a day, all the good puns were made! It was quite an Eruption! :)

"Made in Panama" was where I was leaning, well done amonte78. 

Clearly you're not on doctor time. 

2 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

It's been on ebay for months, and the owner keeps raising the price without any bids on it. 

2 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

He needed the money. OHHHHHHHHHHHH!

13 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

It's been on ebay for months, and the owner keeps raising the price without any bids on it. 

Well then I definitely won't get drunk and start looking for Sabres gamers tonight. 

So my package from GWA was scheduled to be delivered by UPS today.  Usually the UPS guy doesn't deliver until after 6PM.  By 7PM tonight nothing.  My wife and I were no further than 10-15 feet from the front door the entire evening.  I decide to check status at 8PM and it says that an attempt was made at 7:30 with no response and so they will attempt to deliver it tomorrow.  That's bulls*** and they never knocked or rang the front door.  Not the first time UPS has done this to me.

yeah I'm pretty pissed.

That's F'ed up. Another reason I usually have my UPS packages sent to the local UPS store or held at the UPS hub in West Chester. Just easier. 

UPS is kinda weird like that.  Even if cars are in the driveway, people are home, they just dump stuff at my doorstep, don't bother to knock or ring the doorbell, and just drive off.  You'd think they might want to confirm the customer got the package, but I guess it's good enough if the package just makes it off the truck...

Yup, they used to do that to me too. Part of why I have everything sent to my office, where they know they can't get away with that plus I've become personal friends with the UPS guy because it's been the same guy, 4-5 days a week, for at least 10 years. 

I called ups and changed delivery to pickup at the local hub.  It's a 5 min drive from my office so I can stop by on my lunch tomorrow.

apparently due to the value I needed to sign for it, so they couldn't just leave it there.  I told the rep on the phone that's kind of hard to do when the driver doesn't make any attempt to actually deliver it like knocking on my door.  I think that most likely the driver wasn't even in my area (can usually hear trucks near the street outside) but saw that it's 7:30 and near the end of his/her shift and decided to mark it as attempt made and try tomorrow.

Good call. At least you'll be assured of delivery. 

Btw, didn't realize you were in the Flyers GW group. Sneaky! ?