dsl135

eBay version 4.0

3,968 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

Maybe he is waiting for Don Cherry to find this

10 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Good call. At least you'll be assured of delivery. 

Btw, didn't realize you were in the Flyers GW group. Sneaky! ūüėú

Yeah I should have done that from the beginning.  I don't have these issues with FedEx and USPS.  I think I just have a lazy driver.

Yeah I am in that group lol.  I am part of about 1/2 to 2/3 of the league's team-specific groups these days.  Mostly just like to look at what is out there and admire other jerseys.  I have been toying with the idea of attempting to collect non-Devils jerseys again, but haven't pulled the trigger.

I think I found out why the guy might not have knocked on my door last night.  Wrong # on the street address was listed.

Well, that would do it.  My street name was spelled incorrectly.  Gotta love the precision when dealing with hundreds of thousands of dollars in merchandise.

Edited by jsh139

Update:  have the package now.  The address has the wrong # in system but correct on label.

this was way harder than it should have been

7 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I think I found out why the guy might not have knocked on my door last night.  Wrong # on the street address was listed.

He's gonna be surprised when you apologize to him.  "I'm sorry I thought you were a bum, Mr. UPS Driver."

I had one recently were I typo'd my zip to the seller.  Ended up at a post office 200 miles away.  USPS did a great job with rerouting it, but I had to go get the package once it got into town.  Mail carrier decided leaving the pink form a block away in my neighborhood mailbox counted as a delivery attempt.  Now THAT was a bum move. 

My OCD definitely kicks in when I send stuff out. I'll triple check before I address something and then I'll confirm on my phone once I get to the post office. I'd be freaking horrified about a typo in the address. 

20 hours ago, furiousd said:

He's gonna be surprised when you apologize to him.  "I'm sorry I thought you were a bum, Mr. UPS Driver."

I had one recently were I typo'd my zip to the seller.  Ended up at a post office 200 miles away.  USPS did a great job with rerouting it, but I had to go get the package once it got into town.  Mail carrier decided leaving the pink form a block away in my neighborhood mailbox counted as a delivery attempt.  Now THAT was a bum move. 

lol oh he's not out of the woods yet.  The address was printed right on the label so he could have looked there.  Also this is not the first time they have "attempted" delivery when they really didn't.  This is also not counting back in 2014 (I remember this as it was during the first summer in my current home) where the UPS driver's version of delivering a box was to throw it.  He actually threw it onto my front porch near my front door where it hit the side of my house first before landing.  Both my wife and myself were home and heard a couple of loud thuds and wondered what the hell happened.  I take a peek outside to see the UPS guy basically running back to his truck.  I opened the front door and next to it was our package (it wasn't a jersey or anything fragile).

So yeah he still has a long way to go lol.  Also my package from EPS is due this Friday via UPS.  Thankfully this shouldn't require a signature.

6 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

WTF is this, some kind of prototype?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/232363303795

Could be a blank alumni jersey 

2 minutes ago, cowboys said:

Could be a blank alumni jersey 

In Ultrafil, though?  It looks similar to the old timer's jerseys, but the sleeves are different. 

Yea, I think that might be a prototype from when the black jerseys debuted. I had asked the seller for a Buy It Now price this morning... but now I dunno if you guys are gonna drive the price up haha.

Nah, I won't be going for it.  I was more curious of what it was since I've never seen a black Ultrafil Flyers jersey.  I probably wouldn't have posted about it if I was interested in it, haha :D  Sorry to let the cat out of the bag!

That's pretty cool. I like the black design they wore, but I do wish it had more orange on it.

Has anyone ever seen a goalie jersey up on Meigray's ebay page? I keep waiting for them to put a goalie gamer up but nothing yet. 

I don't recall seeing any, but they have a clearance section on their site that has a bunch of goalie cut blanks and few random players.

On 6/7/2017 at 10:09 AM, dsl135 said:

Yea, I think that might be a prototype from when the black jerseys debuted. I had asked the seller for a Buy It Now price this morning... but now I dunno if you guys are gonna drive the price up haha.

So they were planning on adding a black jersey even before the switch to Nike?

That's an interesting jersey. I may take a shot at it.