dsl135

eBay version 4.0

4,269 posts in this topic

And a few weeks ago I sold an old school Caps to him which he turned around and sold for 100 less probably 2-3 days after he got it.

Edited by JJM4
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are collectors who just seem to do that quite a bit.  They obtain jerseys, have it for a short period of time and then sell for a loss.  It is usually because they found something else they really want. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meigray has blank TI Kings home jerseys up on eBay now. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

There are collectors who just seem to do that quite a bit.  They obtain jerseys, have it for a short period of time and then sell for a loss.  It is usually because they found something else they really want. 

Dude, that's crazy. I don't know ANYONE like that...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Meigray has blank TI Kings home jerseys up on eBay now. 

Looks like Kings home and away, Caps home and away, Oilers home (with Inaugural Rexall Place patch) and away.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought a Kings home. Not waiting like I did with the Devils retros. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201999389142

Anyone here score this.  Team issued to boot!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's an interesting one.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mike-Ricci-Philadelphia-Flyers-jersey-18-Air-Knit-Sport-Maska-Inc-CCM-sewn-on-/302403579136?hash=item4668a86d00:g:30kAAOSw8GtZV93j

It appears to be a 1987-88 jersey, but it has the NHL patch beside the CCM logo.  I have never seen this on a Flyers jersey, I think the only time I have seen it is on North Stars jerseys.  Possible left over stock that they just tried to update to a late 1989-90 jersey or a bit after that?

Ignore the customization, I know that is terrible and needs to be stripped.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have personally never seen a small-block logo with the NHL shield on a Flyers jersey. 

I asked Rob, the resident Flyers expert, and his consensus is that the NHL shield was added after the fact, either by a collector or by the team.  However, since the customization isn't accurate, it's doubtful that the latter is true.  Although, I guess it's possible that it was TI and sold blank? 

There was an auction that ended about a week ago for a recycled game worn Brent Fedyk jersey.  That had the small-block logo, but I can't tell if it also has the shield because the full hem of the jersey isn't shown.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/253058909596

Bottom line, I don't know, man :D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some teams used jerseys that had the old CCM logo with the NHL shield. Mogilny's rookie blue jersey was a perfect example.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally entered the new century and purchased a home printer. I know eBay knocks off USPS shipping fees if you go through them and print a label via their site. Does the USPS reduce prices if you ship from home via a printed label from your computer? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats, now buy some adhesive labels for the real fun. 

For some shipping services there is an online vs retail price, yes. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know why but the printer thing made me think of the island of obsolete robots:

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know why but the printer thing made me think of the island of obsolete robots:

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:I finally entered the new century and purchased a home printer. I know eBay knocks off USPS shipping fees if you go through them and print a label via their site. Does the USPS reduce prices if you ship from home via a printed label from your computer? 

Yes, but the discount is not as good as the eBay discount. 

Printing the postage through eBay also automatically uploads the tracking number, which is convenient.

As far as adhesive labels go, I find them too expensive. I bought 1,000 shipping label pouches for $35 instead. Label fits in perfectly, adhesive is already there, and it saves a ton of money in tape and fancy labels.

I can't find the exact ones I bought at the moment, but it's like these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/172552772812

A little time on eBay and you may find a better price. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get off my lawn with your fancy doo-hickey cellphones and your Internet. Jerks.

(PS, thanks mfitz. I'll just use ebay from now on.)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

I don't know why but the printer thing made me think of the island of obsolete robots:

 

One of my favorite Futurama quotes. 

"Your mother!" 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Yes, but the discount is not as good as the eBay discount. 

Printing the postage through eBay also automatically uploads the tracking number, which is convenient.

As far as adhesive labels go, I find them too expensive. I bought 1,000 shipping label pouches for $35 instead. Label fits in perfectly, adhesive is already there, and it saves a ton of money in tape and fancy labels.

I can't find the exact ones I bought at the moment, but it's like these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/172552772812

A little time on eBay and you may find a better price. 

I use scrap paper from my job that would otherwise be thrown out, and then steal packing tape when necessary. Free labels. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have these cheap-a$$ printable adhesive labels.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LYPSK40/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But, I like the idea of using the pouches, because these labels aren't water-safe.  You have to spend a little more to get the good plasticy labels.

Edited by jsh139
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jsh139 said:

I have these cheap-a$$ printable adhesive labels.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LYPSK40/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But, I like the idea of using the pouches, because these labels aren't water-safe.  You have to spend a little more to get the good plasticy labels.

I stopped using the adhesive labels because one of mine must have had the corner or something come up and get stuck to something else, resulting in the address being town off the package. I used up what I had, used blank paper for a while but got tired of buying $4 rolls of packing tape, and then got the pouches.

When using the adhesive labels or the blank paper, I always put a piece of packing tape over the delivery address to try to protect it from water. The pouches do make that unnecessary. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't speak for all manifacturers....however I would think even samples should have manufacturer branding.

I had a Starter Avs salesman's sample, but it had all the Starter branding on the neck tag and the hem tagging.

I would think Adidas has the same M.O.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anything, I'd think it would have MORE branding...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hatryk said:

 

I'll be very upset if this is what the "breakaway" jersey is like. Nike has started making their NFL jerseys out of the same material, and it feels incredibly cheap. It's like these aren't even hockey jerseys.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now