eBay version 4.0

dsl135

Come on....everybody knows the Hawks were so confident they'd win the Cup in 2010, they added the CHAMPIONS patch to their jerseys DURING the series itself!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

https://www.ebay.com/itm/San-Jose-Sharks-Vintage-CCM-NHL-Center-Ice-Authentic-Pro-Jersey-Ultrafil/222924993302?hash=item33e75d7316:g:6y0AAOSwBPJaqubv

Does anyone know when the Sharks wore ultrafil?  Possibly 91' preseason or 92-93 season or later? I've never seen one come up before. If someone wants it, you could probably get a better price at classicvintagejerseys.com their online store.

The preseason crest was a screened one though, AFAIK.  The one on this jersey looks like the regular crest used on the airknits.

That's cool but I'm pretty sure the crest was screened on the pre-season ones and I don't think they had shoulder patches either. 

It may be a left over blank and someone put the patches on later 

LAK beat me by seconds :D

Edited by Hockey Bob

Don’t you hate it when some jerk does that to you?  :D

I thought it was only the preseason 91, as we know the regular season were airknit.  The jerseybook only covers 91-92 so I thought it could be a later season in the 90s.  Anyway, nice to see a Sharks ultrafil, would be awesome if it was the road teal.

Not at all, ;)
Just trying to contribute. 

I'm thinking this one is probably a team issue they tried to use up or hung on to in case they picked up Cam Neely (didn't he wear Ultra-fil with Boston when their jerseys were Air-Knit?) 

16 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

I thought it was only the preseason 91, as we know the regular season were airknit.  The jerseybook only covers 91-92 so I thought it could be a later season in the 90s.  Anyway, nice to see a Sharks ultrafil, would be awesome if it was the road teal.

He had a road teal as well. They’ve both been on eBay for quite a while now. 

34 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

This one is claimed to be a 1993/94, and it has the screened crest/numbers, but it doesn’t specifically say preseason.  The guy played the entire season, so I wouldn’t think they would have given him a preaseason set to use during the regular season.

http://www.classicauctions.net/mobile/LotDetail.aspx?inventoryid=107182

Do you think they would've let him wear that with no shoulder patches?
That's what my pre-season game worns look like  

1 hour ago, thebiggoalie said:

He had a road teal as well. They’ve both been on eBay for quite a while now. 

Oh, where have I been looking?!? I see these guys list a tonne of jerseys so I must have just skipped over the other/teal Sharks ultrafil.  I'd scoop one up if I had a player I liked on the expansion Sharks.

Edit: I shouldn't say I didn't like any players, I think the Wizard and Irbe could have some merit for going on an early Sharks jersey.

Edited by JJM4

I'm sure by now you all have come across this one.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/CCM-Minnesota-North-Stars-Authentic-Mike-Modano-ROOKIE-Jersey-sz-52-vintage-80s/323210048413?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Just wondering if the "TEAM CHOICE" on the hem was supposed to be screened on or if this is correctly embroidered on?
I wasn't able to find any close up shots to determine.

2 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CCM-Minnesota-North-Stars-Authentic-Mike-Modano-ROOKIEI am pretty sure that is one of those CCM vintage re-issue jerseys. That is not a vintage 80s jersey.-Jersey-sz-52-vintage-80s/323210048413?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Just wondering if the "TEAM CHOICE" on the hem was supposed to be screened on or if this is correctly embroidered on?

Deleted for stupidity. 

Edited by mfitz804

2 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CCM-Minnesota-North-Stars-Authentic-Mike-Modano-ROOKIE-Jersey-sz-52-vintage-80s/323210048413?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

According to the jersey bible that is a 1988-89 North Stars jersey. The Team Choice logo should be sewn on. Here’s a pic:

41465095092_0654d46f2f_b.jpg

Customization looks pretty good to my untrained eye, but an actual Stars expert may know more. That being said, the seller is a member here and I’ve bought from him before. I’ve never seen anything fake for sale from him. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if this is the actual jersey from the book as he’s bought a lot of stuff from Slim over the years.

Another thing to note, Modano’s Rookie year was 1989-90, like the eBay auction says... but even the jersey book shows this as a 1988-89, so not sure where the discrepancy lies.

Looking while not driving, I think that’s correct, it looks legit. Also didn’t see who the seller was, he’s legit also.

46 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Another thing to note, Modano’s Rookie year was 1989-90, like the eBay auction says... but even the jersey book shows this as a 1988-89, so not sure where the discrepancy lies.

Technically Modano's rookie season was 89-90 but that jersey would not have had the Team Choice hem stamp on it.  Mike suited up for two games in the 88-89 playoffs... here's the gamer for reference...

http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/1988_89_Mike_Modano_North_Stars_Game_Worn_Jersey_ROOKIE_Photo_Match-2527-81.html

The one on ebay is from the jersey book.

EDIT: This guy's on the ball ^^^^^^^

Modano played two games in the 1989 playoffs against St. Louis so his first-ever North Stars jersey was a #39:

Image result for mike modano 39

I'm almost positive the jersey was recycled to another skater the next year too.

11 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

Technically Modano's rookie season was 89-90 but that jersey would not have had the Team Choice hem stamp on it.  Mike suited up for two games in the 88-89 playoffs... here's the gamer for reference...

http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/1988_89_Mike_Modano_North_Stars_Game_Worn_Jersey_ROOKIE_Photo_Match-2527-81.html

The one on ebay is from the jersey book.

Aha, no wonder hockey reference didn’t show it. Gotta dig deeper into the playoff game logs to see it. Thanks :)  Yeah, the book shows the tail tags as changed for 1989-90, so that’s why I was confused. Good call on the GWA pic. 

It's out of my price range but was curious. You guys never fail
I was at work and I didn't have my handy dandy Jersey Bible (I should've thought to look there before posting) 

Thanks for all the great feedback.  

13 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

Modano played two games in the 1989 playoffs against St. Louis so his first-ever North Stars jersey was a #39:

Something’s weird here.  The GWA gamer listing says it’s Modano’s first jersey, but it’s a #9, supposedly recycled from Dennis Maruk earlier that year.  The road playoff game was Modano’s first, then his second game was at home.  So Modano switched to #39 for the home game??  And then back to #9 for the next season?

I don't think he ever wore #39 on the road. Just at home. Here's the one I was thinking of. Neil Wilkinson wore it the next year but it's clearly matched to Modano:

http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/1988_89_Mike_Modano_Minnesota_North_Stars_Game_Worn_Jersey_Rookie_1st_NHL_Game_Photo_Match_Video_Match-8372-0.html

Also, the auction for the green jersey was from 2010 (I bid on that auction...clearly I didn't win) while the white #39 was from 2014. It's entirely possible that nobody really knew he had worn a #39 until more recently. I seem to recall it being a pretty big find over on the gwa forums back then.

Ah, so the #39 was not the playoff jersey, it was from an exhibition game.  I didn’t think he would switch numbers in consecutive playoff games.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

Aha, no wonder hockey reference didn’t show it. Gotta dig deeper into the playoff game logs to see it. Thanks :)  Yeah, the book shows the tail tags as changed for 1989-90, so that’s why I was confused. Good call on the GWA pic. 

I was also confused about it until I asked Slim about it about a year ago, and he forwarded that link. My question was did Team Choice have their hem stamp on the entire 89 Calendar year since I too thought Mike's first games were the 89-90 season.

His pics in #39 are from an exhibition game against Dynamo Riga in January of 89 while Maruk still had #9, so prior to the 2 playoff games...

41466381642_285e148d3b_b.jpg

Edited by JJM4