eBay version 4.0

dsl135

LOL - ok well other than the team ;)

I have a Koho from the early 2000s (One of the NYR Liberty Alternates) in a size 48 and it fits similar to a Size 52 Edge 2.0 -- a bit too big on me - mostly the sleeves but overall I feel like I'm swimming in the jersey. Don't know if the CCMs from the 90s were basically the same dimensions as the Koho/CCMs in the 2000s (In between, I think there was a time when Starter made the jerseys).

The Edge 1.0's were the best in size for me mostly because of the overall tighter fit, a size 52 Edge 1.0 fits me pretty much as well as a 46 or a 50.

Thanks for the input!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From what I've seen, and I have a ccm and koho size 48 hanging from my door frame right next to me, the sizes across brands is almost identical. If that 48 is a bit too big for you, you should be getting the same in another brands 48. Those box cut jerseys were pretty universal in size in my experience. Sounds like a 46 in that cut is more what you would want.

Again, as a disclaimer, I don't claim to be an expert. But from everything I have seen and had myself, everything from ccm to Bauer to koho, sizes were almost perfectly consistent.

And you saying a 48 fit like a 52 edge is pretty accurate. I'm sure you've seen it if you read the sizing thread at all, but regular jerseys to edge is usually a +4 difference. 52 edge and 48 pre edge should generally be comparable size wise.

Edited by JoeM7392

You should be ok with the sizing on the Rangers jerseys.. The Boyle based on the photos looks to be lettered correctly.. It is a jersey foul though in the minds of some in the fact that Brian Boyle never wore an edge 1.0 for the Rangers..

The Boyle actually doesn't look correct to me. I believe it looks like it was done kiss-cut which isn't accurate. Maybe someone else can confirm that, looking closely at the last picture.

Kind of weird; the back numbers are kiss-cut but the nameplate letters are stacked.

Couldn't see the kiss cut on my iPhone.. If it is kiss cut, then it's definitely not lettered correctly.. Lol

Hopefully I don't regret these ... I made a best offer on these two jerseys and they got accepted immediately (worries me that they accepted it so quickly)...

Any thoughts on these two? They both look authentic to me:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361212810208

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321665335738

I think I need to stop buying jerseys ... I have a ton blanks or ones I'd like to strip and re-do that need to be sent to EPS now, hopefully they have a summer or fall sale soon :D

Both of those are good. Have fun lettering the Liberty- one of the biggest PIA jerseys to get done right. :)

Thanks - yeah I've read about the issues of getting authentic numbers for the Liberty Starter jerseys ... maybe I'm better off leaving it blank :)

I think I need to stop buying jerseys ...

Good luck with that, I don't know any of us who have said that and succeeded (self included).

Good luck with that, I don't know any of us who have said that and succeeded (self included).

Well, at least you guys don't think I'm crazy like my wife does :D

I just started buying / collecting jerseys, and I think in the past month or so I've bought close to 15 jerseys -- maybe that isn't too bad? My closet definitely seems super full :)

Guest Dr_Puck

My credit card works in mysterious ways. Every time I type 'this is the last one for a while,' a new and even better jersey arrives several days later. Like mfitz said, good luck!

I just started buying / collecting jerseys, and I think in the past month or so I've bought close to 15 jerseys -- maybe that isn't too bad? My closet definitely seems super full :)

The beginning was the worst part for me, I was buying EVERY Devils jersey in my size I could find. I've gotten somewhat better. Edited by mfitz804

The beginning was the worst part for me, I was buying EVERY Devils jersey in my size I could find. I've gotten somewhat better.

Same here. I still find myself sometimes justifying jerseys that I know aren't quite going to even fit me right. It takes some self control, which I have very little of to begin with.

Guest Dr_Puck

I've been on a bad streak lately because I keep finding must-have jerseys. The last six shirts have all been hard to find and I've had to take advantage of the opportunities.

And of course, "must have" is a relative term. I figure out a new "must have" daily.

If it makes you feel any better, I started collecting gamers in March and told myself that I'd limit my purchases to one or two a month. I guess I suck at math because I'm already over 20, and there are another 10 or so out there that I'm in a constant battle with myself to not go ahead and buy. Friggin' forums and eBay!

Luckily I work from home so I'm able to get the mail before my wife does....

Guest Dr_Puck

There's always someone else to make you better about going overboard!

The good thing is that I have a really set price range on jerseys and it's reasonable. The bad thing is that there's been a few too many in that price range that have hit the market recently. I've heard from friends that they add more to their collection during the season, not me. The summer is usually when I find the best deals.

If it makes you feel any better, I started collecting gamers in March and told myself that I'd limit my purchases to one or two a month. I guess I suck at math because I'm already over 20, and there are another 10 or so out there that I'm in a constant battle with myself to not go ahead and buy. Friggin' forums and eBay!

LOL makes me feel better :) Gamers are pricey too! At least the ones I've seen from Steiner / Meigray.

I really shouldn't be asking (because "authentics" are already expensive enough!) :) but is there somewhere else I should be looking for gamers? I've heard there is a Facebook group, but not sure what it is called.

LOL makes me feel better :) Gamers are pricey too! At least the ones I've seen from Steiner / Meigray.

I really shouldn't be asking (because "authentics" are already expensive enough!) :) but is there somewhere else I should be looking for gamers? I've heard there is a Facebook group, but not sure what it is called.

Steiner sucks.

With MeiGray you can negotiate. I found that out after paying full ask for my first gamer, so when I went back for more I offered a total price for 3 jerseys and it was accepted. Plus their annual summer sale allows you to get some good deals (good being a relative term of course).

I'm not on Facebook so I can't comment on that. There are a couple of GameWorn forums where I've been able to pick up a couple as well.

For the most part I've been picking up gamers for players that aren't (or weren't) exactly all stars (Drake Berehowsky, Cory Cross, Travis Green, Nikolai Kulemin, Matt Frattin, etc.) so the prices haven't been too outrageous....

The two major game worn forums these days are so-so. The long-time one is slowly becoming a ghost town while the newer one still doesn't have quite the traffic that you would expect.

The Facebook groups have basically the same members as those two forums plus this one but it is far more active. On Facebook I am on two general game worn hockey groups ( the two big ones), the one for gamers $200 and lower, a devils specific one and a couple others like one that focuses on minors. All of them are far more active than the old traditional forums. I would say definitely check them out as I see a ton for sale posted every day.

Also eBay is a good resource for gamers. Gotten plenty from there. Just be mindful of the usual pitfalls ands shenanigans that can happen on eBay.

Guest Dr_Puck

The Facebook groups have been really good ... and really tempting. I've been able to find a few gems through the Game Work Hockey Jersey Collectors and Minors, Juniors and College Game Worn groups. The others have also been quite active such as the under $200 group.

People will often post, 'In search of AAAA jerseys.' On the positive side, you can get access to some rare shirts as those communities are active. On the other side, some people will post photos of their jerseys in response to the In Search Of posts but will refuse to sell. It's like they're just showing off their jerseys to get your goat.

I prefer this community here. Most of the IJ forum members tend to be really helpful and willing to share knowledge; that doesn't always happen on Facebook.

Edited by Dr_Puck