eBay version 4.0

dsl135

Tell him meeting in person isn't an option because the hours of your job or something like that, cancel the transaction, and relist it. He can just make an offer again if he really wants it.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not to mention, if he has so much cash he can give you an extra $100, the bounced check wouldn't be an issue. He could just put it in the bank and pay you by PayPal. Or put it on s credit card.

For the bounced check to be an issue he would have had to write on a balance that wasn't clear and now he's in the negative. If you have an extra $100, shouldn't he be using that to bring his balance back closer to zero?

Lol at that buyer.

If he is living paycheck to paycheck as it seems, maybe he shouldn't be buying jerseys.

Lol at that buyer.

If he is living paycheck to paycheck as it seems, maybe he shouldn't be buying jerseys.

But even I still buy them anyway.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=191638092730&alt=web

Kinda shady dealing i was bidding on this and was the highest bidder he decides to cancel the bid and auction now i see it up again.

Holy crap, That dude is dead.

Wait is that paint? If so they played a game like 5 minutes after the whole arena was painted red.

Edited by JoeM7392

I had a rather strange experience on eBay yesterday. I was watching an item that was ending in a few hours and that had no bidders yet. I usually bid at the last minute, but I put in a fairly low bid anyway, just in case I got busy at work and couldn't follow the auction when it ended. Well, five minutes before the end of the auction I checked the auction through the eBay app, and it said something like "this item has been sold." The ending price was the exact same amount as my earlier bid, down to the penny. I didn't see anything like "you have been outbid" or "you won this auction," just that the auction was over, even though I knew it couldn't be. I then switched to the Safari browser on my phone to check the auction through the eBay website. Again, I saw something like "this item has been sold." No indication as to who won the auction. I thought, wtf is going on here??? I went back to the app and refreshed it a couple of times, and then finally I got a live auction countdown that showed about 3 minutes left. I waited until 5 seconds left, put in my maximum bid, but although the bid count went up after my last bid, the final price did not change at all, nor was there any indication that I was the winner or I was outbid. It took a minute or two of refreshing before I finally saw a message that indicated that I was the winner. I checked the bid history and found out that the other competing bidder had put in 2 bids a little earlier, and the higher one was only 1 cent under my original opening bid. The bidder has a rating of around 700, so he's not a noob. If he had just bid 2 cents more he would have passed my opening bid, but for some reason he stopped there. (One could say it could possibly have been an attempt at shill bidding, but looking at the bidder's bid history, there's no obvious indication of that.)

Anyway, to make a long story short, has anyone had an experience like this, where the auction was shown to be ended, but it really wasn't?

I've had the android app mess up once on me. I got the "sorry you missed out on this item" message, while the winning bid at the time showed as ~20 dollars less than what I bid. This was with what should have been about 30 mins left in the auction. I was confused but had somewhere to be so I let it go. About 3 hours later when I'm out, I got the email that I won well after the auction ended, for the price I saw earlier as the "winning" bid that I "missed out" on.

Never figured out what happened, I think eBay as a whole just glitches out every once in a while.

Edited by JoeM7392

My ebay droid app has been acting wierd too the past couple weeks,

Just little stuff with messages not loading, or bids being placed by bidders and the notifications comeing through not in real time like they normally do.

I had an issue where the app and the website through the browser were about 30 seconds off from each other on the countdown, and the app was ending sooner, and I let it end, tried to bid through the browser, and was told it had already ended even though the timer had like 20 seconds left. I had also refreshed the page a few times, and it never caught up with the app, which I thought was strange and annoying.

Actually, the seller explained it all:

"this is what gets done/happens when winter boredom sets in and a polyester dye packet is available, a white penguins authentic jersey is nearby & valentines day was nearing.."

Actually, the seller explained it all:

"this is what gets done/happens when winter boredom sets in and a polyester dye packet is available, a white penguins authentic jersey is nearby & valentines day was nearing.."

Yeah but... Why? I have 2 gallons purple paint in my garage and a bunch of jerseys. I haven't painted a jersey purple, and can't think of the level of mind numbing boredom it would require for me to do so.

Plus that's a poor excuse, the person sourced a Canada patch and a bunch of little maple leafs. This person WANTED to make that. I just clicked the link again and it hurts to look at. But it's a steal at only $250!!!

Plus that's a poor excuse, the person sourced a Canada patch and a bunch of little maple leafs. This person WANTED to make that. I just clicked the link again and it hurts to look at. But it's a steal at only $250!!!

I overlooked that...this was an intentional act.

But now I'm wondering what intentions you do have with your two gallons of purple paint.

I'm not seeing the problem here.

I overlooked that...this was an intentional act.

But now I'm wondering what intentions you do have with your two gallons of purple paint.

uPVrwpO.png