eBay version 4.0

dsl135

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That sucks that you had to spend all that time dealing with a hassle of a transaction, and also lost 100 dollars.

It's good to see PayPal at least helped you out a bit, and our crazy fees are going to something.

Zero feedback bidders are a toss up. It's probably not worth the risk, even if it means potentially dealing with a negative feedback after cancelling the transaction.

I don't know where to ask so I figured i'd ask here,

Does anyone have any knowledge of College Football gamers? I've seen some posters post some college jerseys every once and a while. There are two jerseys specifically that I am looking at and have no idea how to figure out of they're genuine or what an actual fair price is.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-Matt-Barkley-USC-Trojans-Eagles-Game-Worn-Signed-Football-Jersey-/151341122805?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item233ca244f5

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-Nick-Foles-Arizona-Wildcats-Eagles-Football-Game-Worn-Signed-Jersey-/151180713256?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2333129d28

I cannot speak to if they were actually worn in a game, but they both look like legit team issued jerseys. One thing to be aware of is without a letter from the university you cannot be sure. Michigan for one sells team issued jerseys and gamers at the end of the year at their garage sale, so it can be difficult without a letter or photomatch.

Who knows what fair pricing is for those two jerseys. I've never seen anything else like them so I guess it's whatever you would be willing to pay type of thing. Other teams regularly have game worn jerseys with the nameplates removed. The NCAA does not allow college teams to make money off any individual player or name. So keep that in mind too, that's an actual NCAA rule.

Was hoping I could get your opinions on this matter. This 0 feedback buyer from China just sent me this message regarding one of my jerseys:

I want to send the photo to you to make sure its same as what I want, Would you give me your skype or E maiI .then we can talk about details. I wanna buy it today.How long will the shipping take to California? you can change the E maiI formats like this xxxx AT xxx DOT xxx ,then send me.

If you can a better photo of the collar to my E maiI at ( honestpay AT live DOT com ). Hope hear from you soon

Really leaning towards not dealing with him as the whole things is kinda sketchy.

Yup, I've gotten that identical email as well. I said it would be a violation of eBay policy to give Skype or e-mail info and then I blocked the sender.

Never heard from him again.

I once had a guy from China buy a Limited Edition Xbox from me-- i refused to send it directly to him, so we compromised and i sent it to an address he had in California

He never wanted to skype lol, but i had no trouble with the deal

He also didn't have zero feedback... Yeah i'd avoid that guy

Was hoping I could get your opinions on this matter. This 0 feedback buyer from China just sent me this message regarding one of my jerseys:

I want to send the photo to you to make sure its same as what I want, Would you give me your skype or E maiI .then we can talk about details. I wanna buy it today.How long will the shipping take to California? you can change the E maiI formats like this xxxx AT xxx DOT xxx ,then send me.

If you can a better photo of the collar to my E maiI at ( honestpay AT live DOT com ). Hope hear from you soon

Really leaning towards not dealing with him as the whole things is kinda sketchy.

I've had the exact same e-mail. I'm not sure what the scam is, but it's obviously one.

I also love the fact that his logic that you're supposed to think to yourself "Man, this looks really fishy....but would a scammer really make an e-mail handle advertising how honest of a payer he is? A scammer wouldn't be honest, so obviously not.....I'm in".

I got the same, seems like crap and they want to steal photos for listings,

I got the same, seems like crap and they want to steal photos for listings,

I doubt that's it. They are just copy and pasting a general e-mail to as many people as possible regardless of what photos are in their listing. I=

It's probably either a charge back scam, or cheque fraud.

They're obviously overseas judging by their broken english. So I assume they probably send you a fraudulent cheque in order to get you to send the item to a random address in California. They don't care about the item, it doesn't matter where it's being sent. When the cheque is too much for what they were supposed to send, they'll ask you to return the difference via Western Union or something.

That would be my guess. Same sort of scam used all over craigslist when people try to rent out rooms.

Yup. Got that email too. From 2 different ebay handles, but exact same wording. I reported the first one and the 2nd one popped up. The 2nd time I reported them both in the same complaint and the emails stopped.