1998-99 Tampa Bay Lightning Alternate jersey Paint Brush font

I was wondering if anyone can post a picture of a game worn 1998-99 Tampa Bay Lightning Alternate jersey with the paintbrush font. I can only find the electric font game worn jerseys from that season which appear to be reverse kiss cut. I am trying to figure out if the paint brush font used on the jerseys that season (worn October-December) were reverse kiss cut or stacked numbers?

I know the previous seasons 96-97 and 97-98 with the electric font were both stacked.

When i did a Google search the only picture of a jersey laying flat was a Lecavalier on a replica but i could tell the name on the jersey was wrong (mostly around the A in his name and the rest of the name was wrong) and it made me believe the numbers would be off as well.

If anyone can post a picture of a game worn jersey laying flat with the paintbrush font and some close ups it would be the best.

That's the electric font. He's asking for the paintbrush font.

Does this help at all?

Numbers-TB%2528late90s%2529.png

Edited by dsl135

That's the electric font.

Whenever anybody says "electric font "I think of a dance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=cj9_yW8tZxs

Edited by thebiggoalie

This might help.

The original numbers on these jerseys were stripped off which was the paintbrush font and it was changed to electric font.

However the jerseys that had the Alternate Captain "A" and "C" kept the paintbrush style letters even after conversion.

I recall there are a few in the hobby (Tucker, McCarthy) that would be easy to check the style of the letter.

I do not know of a paintbrush alt that wasn't converted so other then high res photos this is your best bet.

If you're trying to get your shirt lettered, I believe Cutting Edge Sports (Woburn MA) might still have the font sets for that style and year. Giving specs and pictures may be useless if you're going to use a different supplier. They might not even use your info and pictures.

JAV- Is that jersey yours? If so can you take some close up pictures of the numbers? Or do you know for sure if they are reverse or stacked numbers?

• 3 weeks later...

That plate on the Houge has the rain streaks going the wrong way! Looks like other jerseys were chopped up to make plates.