2014 Offseason Happenings

According to Hartnell he pretty much was told by Hextall "you're signed but we really don't want you around so who can we ship you to?"

So I guess all of those Callahan jerseys in the crowd are going to disappear at Rangers home games at MSG next season?

I still love the guy, and I'm glad he didn't screw around and go to Buffalo. At least Tampa is a competitive team. And it works out for the Rangers because they get the draft pick. Sad that it had to happen at all though. He only ended up getting a limited NTC in Tampa. I wonder who is on the list.

I'll miss him. I feel that he and Torts were big reasons the Rangers have started heading in the right direction. I don't know if there was a personality conflict or just no fitting in with AV's style of play, but he was an integral part of the team since his rookie season. I hope he does well in Tampa, and would like to see him wear the C again one day.

In the meantime, a team that made the SC finals is in search of a new captain with Cally and Richards gone. I still don't feel McD is at that level yet. Staal still has a contract to negotiate, and Girardi (though he had a rough time in the finals) is locked in for a while, so I have no idea who may step in this season.

So I guess all of those Callahan jerseys in the crowd are going to disappear at Rangers home games at MSG next season?

I will still wear my 85th patched Heritage third and on occasion my white Cally. No reason to pretend like he didn't happen.

Very affordable cap hit though, from what I'm hearing- looks good for the Kings!

Very affordable cap hit though, from what I'm hearing- looks good for the Kings!

That's a steal if he stays healthy. Still a dangerous guy.

I don't know....LA and Tampa may be less than thrilled with their new signings as they approach the end of their contracts

I don't know....LA and Tampa may be less than thrilled with their new signings as they approach the end of their contracts

Every player seems to go on and have a better career after they leave the Rangers.

Yes Gaborik had an unbelievable playoff with the Kings but I do not understand how people just forget he did have 2 40 goal seasons for Tortorella. He had 2 excellent seasons and 1 1/2 dreadful ones as a Ranger. For the next few years, that's a great number he is signed to but when he turns 35 and older, not so much.

Edited by OR68

Fan of team "I LOVE THIS DEAL"

Fan of opposing team "LOL THAT MUCH $ and THAT MANY YEARS!?!"

My favorite version of this will be when the rangers sign Boyle.

My favorite version of this will be when the rangers sign Boyle.

Ugh. The Rangers tried the ol' Trade for and /or Sign Old Dudes gag from '94-2002. It worked once.

Once.

Brooks Orpik officially retires from professional hockey.

5 years and 5.5 million to the Caps. I laugh.

Brooks Orpik officially retires from professional hockey.

LMAO. Had to read that twice to get it.

The Caps are trying recreate the glory days of blown 3-1 playoff series leads by overpaying for a bunch of rejects from a team that just pulled it off.

Ironically most of those blown leads were to the Pens......I guess they figure if they stack up on Pens players, it won't happen anymore....

Ironically most of those blown leads were to the Pens......I guess they figure if they stack up on Pens players, it won't happen anymore....

Can't choke in the playoffs if you don't make it!