What's the best way to get a Player Autograph/Signature?

DJ Rhea

I haven't seen a thread discussing this, and i wasn't quite sure where to put it, please merge mods, if i have posted in the wrong area.

I have a nice photo set of Leo Komarovs, and i would like to get a photo signed by him, how would i best go about doing that, i'm from the U.K. so i can't exactly ask the God himself for it, any advice would be happily received

post-21626-0-03422400-1404241539_thumb.j

Check frozen pond or aj sportsworld for signing appearances. When he has one you can mail in what you want signed. Now that he's a leaf again he should have a signing sometime during the season.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm looking to get a couple of jerseys signed for my basement. What would be the easiest way to go about this, particularly the Hawks and road teams as they come to Chicago.

Listen to him. He's in pre-med.

I thought he was pre-law.

No. Everyone's got it wrong. You need crayons.

I'm just looking for like the best places or times to catch players to get a few jerseys signed, both home and road

I'm just looking for like the best places or times to catch players to get a few jerseys signed, both home and road

On the jersey.

alright you have to get one of those massive duffle travel bags throw ALL your jerseys in it

then you have to go to the arena and look for the group of middle to late 40s to 50 year old men who also have large duffle bags or 3 ring binders on binders filled of cards and photos. Then you will know you are in the right place

but that is only half the battle, now you have to be willing to push children and throw elbows and work on your HEY HEY HEY SIGN THIS voice or get in front of the players car as they are leaving

Just do what I do. Buy expensive over valued season tickets then you get invited to overcrowded season ticket holder events and walk away with 2-3 autos!

Here's what you do. Go to some games, bring your jerseys with. Chuck em over the glass. On the ice, bench or penalty box, it doesn't matter really. They're cool about it. They'll just pick them up and sign them for you and hand em back.

There are a couple avenues you can try:

- Look for official autograph signings at places like AJ's Sports World, etc. Very often you can mail something in to have it signed.

- Try to wait outside after practice or after games. I have obtained Flyers' signatures waiting outside after home games.

- Lesser option, you can try emailing a team rep, asking for help, particularly if you're not local to the team. This has worked for me in the past with AHL teams.

Sometimes if you go through a store it will cost money (obviously) or through a team rep, you may need to make a donation to charity.

It would be nice for a serious answer, as i'm looking to get a photograph signed myself.

In all seriousness, what do you expect?

Unless YOU'VE got an inside connection, how are you going to go about getting it done?

Are you expecting someone here to give up their connection, or tell you there's a secret door down at the arena that leads directly to the players' autograph room?

Use google, check the schedules for when teams are in town, grab that duffle bag, throw some 'bows towards the youngins who'll also be waiting, and with a bit of effort and a bit of luck, you might just get what you're after.

Sorry, I know I'm a big jurk...I just can't understand how some people ask questions like this and don't expect to get nailed. It's like lobbing up a softball to Mr. Ortiz and asking him to hit you a soft grounder so that you can work on your fielding - ain't gonna happen.

Edited by slimcutta

Well I'm a different continent to you guys. I don't expect people to give connections up etc, tbh didn't even know people had connections for that sort of thing. I'm also quite new to jersey collecting and was wondering how about to get something signed.