Blues 2014-15 home jersey

Nas

Chris Smith, founder of Icethetics.co was able to stumble upon a sneak peak of the future face of the St. Louis Blues, which will debut on-ice this October.

oTBR2S5.jpg

My first impression is that this is a huge, huge improvement. No more templately Edge crap, no more piping and ugly shoulder design. They're going back to a more traditional pre-Edge look as other teams have been doing the past few years, and I absolutely love everything about this jersey. It has a look most reminiscent of their classic 1998-2007 blue sweater, and I imagine the new road jersey will look similar. The lack of a multi-colored collar is slightly disappointing, but I am happy with the jersey nonetheless.

Blues22.png

St. Louis Blues, 1998-2007

Blues26.png

St. Louis Blues, 2007-2014 (alternate 2008-present)

The Blues will keep their dark blue alternate jersey in their wardrobe this upcoming season.

Edited by Nas

Their alternate jersey is really nice so good thing that's staying around. These look pretty cool too although I actually liked their home/away sweaters.

I barely even noticed a change upon first glance.

Basically now that I've looked at it and compared, its just they lost the piping and added waist stripes.

It looks good, but I don't see it as a major change.

Was there a reason they got rid of red from their color scheme?

I always thought those late 80s and early 90s sweaters were the best they ever had, and they just won't go back to including red for some reason.

I always thought those late 80s and early 90s sweaters were the best they ever had, and they just won't go back to including red for some reason.

I don't know why they did. I love the red-trimmed Blues jersey era. It's a nice highlight color and it makes the team's color scheme match that of the St. Louis flag.

450px-Flag_of_St._Louis,_Missouri.svg.pn

I like the ones where the red was merely a highlight color, but my favorites of that era are definitely the 1995-98 non-symmetrical jerseys (I like to think the stripes are based off of music staffs).

Blues18.png

Edited by Nas

It's nice being a fan of an Original Six team that doesn't mess with what works in regards to jerseys.

Yeah, but think of all the potentially great designs you're missing out on, like Burger Ranger, Rangeaslug, MooterRanger, etc... :D

Yeah, but think of all the potentially great designs you're missing out on, like Burger Ranger, Rangeaslug, MooterRanger, etc... :D

This is awesome!

I tried but couldn't think of anything clever to add haha.

PoohRanger

Agree with Matt.. Too many teams change their unis and way too often.. The Blues should have went back to the Bernie Federko unis and kept them and the Calgary Flames should have never abandoned the Lanny Macdonald, Hakan Loon, Joel Otto unis of the 80's.. These are just two examples, but both of those jersey designs were flawless and should have never been abandoned..

Edited by enzo269

Agree with Matt.. Too many teams change their unis and way too often.. The Blues should have went back to the Bernie Federko unis and kept them and the Calgary Flames should have never abandoned the Lanny Macdonald, Hakan Loon, Joel Otto unis of the 80's.. These are just two examples, but both of those jersey designs were flawless and should have never been abandoned..

I guess the ones that have changed were all brightly colored uniforms without any dark highlights, which I guess seemed to become outdated. You see how a lot of team identities gained an extra outline or black as a team color (and/or a grey highlight) in the mid-late 90s.