Flyers to Have a New Alternate Jersey for the 2014-15 Season

thk25

In all seriousness here, I think a Quakers inspired style would be extremely sharp if they did it right. No white at all. Just an orange base with black stripes on the arms and waist and then black QUAKERS(or Flyers) in twill with black numbers and a black name. That would be pretty wild looking.

Why not? That would look pretty sweet in an EDGE cut. Also, use a darker orange than the current one. Give it the ribbed knit collar with a lace up and I think it'd look great.

It would be nice Mike,

However, IMO the only reason the black jerseys sucked was because there was not enough ORANGE!

My idea would be the same style they wear now with a black body with old school burnt orange waist and arm stripe. The rear numbers should be orange on a white background with the sleeve numbers being white on black background similar to the 1980's and 1990's Alumni jersey look...

100_7689-vi.jpg

Finish it off with an orange nameplate with black letters.

That would be wild looking. Not a great departure from the home and away but definately different.

Edited by rob77ta

They just can't figure out what style they want to do and they make these minimal changes to their jerseys and they all kind of end up looking the same.

Just once they need to do something that doesn't have the logo as the crest, until then it's just going to keep being the same jersey over and over again and only a diehard Flyers fan will ever be able to differentiate one jersey from another.

Nice. I figured there would probably be one.

My guess is it debuts on Black Friday, just like the past two third jerseys.

Put a liberty bell, or just the normal Flyers logo inside that circle, and I'm definitely starting to like a concept for once.

This has some good ideas.

my fav

MasonII-PHI.png

Not a fan of the logo on the front at all but everything else looks awesome. Something different on the front and I'd love it.

New logo concept: BEN PHRANKLIN WITH A HOCKEY STICK WEARING A FLYERS JERSEY! Do it!

Ben Franklin wearing a white tank top with cheesesteak stains on it, booing and throwing batteries at santa!

Ben Franklin wearing a white tank top with cheesesteak stains on it, booing and throwing batteries at santa!

That's peferct!

Free kite giveaways!

Edited by NYIJM29

How about putting Will Smith on it, because in West Philadelphia, born and raised, on a playground is where he spent most of his days...

According to Icethetics, the guy who designed the Patriots logo and the Kings BK logo was hired to come up with new designs for the Flyers in 1995-96:

0712-phi97-loh-logo.jpg?format=750w0712-phi970-loh-jerseys.jpg?format=750w

Edited by akteon