Transformers

Brilliant!

What do you all make of the mysterious trailer BEFORE the movie?

Very interesting trailer. Got home and looked it up and apparantly Abrams was signed up to do this movie when he signed up for the new Star Trek movie. They have managed to keep everything quiet about it, which in todays world is quite impressive. Reminded me of the way the introduced Independence Day during the Super Bowl, just a simple teaser to get everyone saying "Whoa, what was that".

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently, it's a monster/disaster movie set in NYC that'll be shot completely by handheld cameras during first-hand experiences of the events. It sounds pretty good but I'm just hoping it's not another Godzilla remake.

Apparently, it's a monster/disaster movie set in NYC that'll be shot completely by handheld cameras during first-hand experiences of the events. It sounds pretty good but I'm just hoping it's not another Godzilla remake.

Supposedly no Godzilla movie can be made until 2013, but some friends believe it may be Voltron, especially since it played during the transformers trailer. Sounds unlikely though if it's all going to be shot with hand-helds.

Anybody seen this? Holy crap do I want that.

EDIT: I picked up the movie figures of Starscream and Blackout last night. They're pretty sweet. It was hard figuring it out how to shift them at first but I got it down fairly easy.

Yep that is the second masterpiece figure Hasbro is bringing to the US (Prime was the other). This one has starscream's original look (the japanese one didn't). The US starscream will be a Wal-Mart exclusive availible in November for price tag of $60 (cheap considering the import versions start @ $100 at most online sites)

This is who is in the Japanese series as it stands:

MP-01 Optimus Prime

MP-02 Ultra Magnus

MP-03 Starscream

MP-04 Optimus Prime with Trailer

MP-05 Megatron

MP-06 Skywarp

These are all styled after their G1 model.

PS: I saw the move a second time last night.

Do all the other models actually transform? That's one thing there was no description about. Boy, I hope so...

Yes they do. Here are a few pics:

MP-01 Optimus Prime:

r_optimusprime_251.jpg

r_optimusprime_283.jpg

MP-02 Ultra Magnus:

r_ultramagnus044.jpg

r_ultramagnus100.jpg

MP-03 Starscream:

r_starscream077.jpg

r_starscream138.jpg

Continued on next post...

MP-04 Optimus Prime with Trailer (this is MP-01 with a trailer so I'll only show the trailer):

r_mp4convoy055.jpg

MP-05 Megatron:

r_mp5megatron040.jpg

r_mp5megatron121.jpg

MP-06 Skywarp:

TAK10712.jpg

44182467d224b85ff2.jpg

I got a preorder on the 2nd wave of Megatrons and will be placing one for Skywarp. I can't wait till screamer hits hopefully Thundercracker is on the way (I love those jets)

Wow, I wonder why Hasbro wasn't able to make the figures look like this in the 80's . But I don't like the Ultra Magnus Figure because is basically just a white Optimus Prime. Ultra Magnus looked totally different when the first one came out. There you had to attach the white Optimus to the trailer, to get the "real" Ultra Magnus

UltraMagnus.jpg

I'm seeing quite a few Voyager Ratchets, I picked one up last night and am kinda in the thinking that from now on when I see those particular figures (I need to get Blackout, Starscream, and Ironhide), I need to go for it if I'm able to. I also noticed they are going to be making Prime and Megatron in the Voyager figures.

Anyone seen the new Thundercracker?

http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/default...roduct_id=19868

Crap, the more they release of these things, the more I'm gonna have to get...haha.

I have both Blackout and Starscream. Good stuff.

Seeing this new Thundercracker makes me think that he's gonna be in the next movie now. But this figure is just a carbon-copy of Starscream! Now, I know they were the same F-15(F-22 in the movie) and everything but come on; let's have some kind of originality.

Yes they do. Here are a few pics:

MP-01 Optimus Prime:

r_optimusprime_251.jpg

r_optimusprime_283.jpg

Where can I get this one. It looks awesome. How much does this one cost?

But this figure is just a carbon-copy of Starscream! Now, I know they were the same F-15...

Let´s not forget the 3rd F-15 Skywarp. And those other 3 jets Ramjet, Dirge and Thrust.

Yes if Thundercracker is in the movie than Skywarp has to be too. It just makes sense. I'm really hoping they go with a lot of planes in the next one(seeing what Starscream did at the end of the film) and kinda bring it back towards the cartoon series with cars vs. planes.

Optimus, Ratchet, Ironhide, Bumblebee, Ultra Magnus, Blaster and Hot Rod vs. Starscream, Skywarp, Thundercracker, Dirge, Ramjet, Megatron and Soundwave. How amazing would THAT be???

EDIT: Scratch that. I'd rather see Inferno over Blaster. A firetruck is cooler than a boombox.

Yes if Thundercracker is in the movie than Skywarp has to be too. It just makes sense. I'm really hoping they go with a lot of planes in the next one(seeing what Starscream did at the end of the film) and kinda bring it back towards the cartoon series with cars vs. planes.

Optimus, Ratchet, Ironhide, Bumblebee, Ultra Magnus, Blaster and Hot Rod vs. Starscream, Skywarp, Thundercracker, Dirge, Ramjet, Megatron and Soundwave. How amazing would THAT be???

EDIT: Scratch that. I'd rather see Inferno over Blaster. A firetruck is cooler than a boombox.

Take it for what its worth, but on wikipedia they even suggest Jazz in a new paint scheme. I tend to think they could bring Thundercracker (and gotta have Skywarp too) in the next movie. Starscream was just too awesome in this movie. I'm still trying to find the Voyager Starscream in local stores. The Thundercracker Voyager movie toy's bio was pretty cool.

Supposedly (again FWIW its wiki), Wheeljack and Prowl were supposed to be in the movie, but Prowl's spot eventually went to Barricade on the Decepticon side. Blackout was almost Soundwave and Rumble, Skywarp, Thundercracker, and Shockwave were among the Decepticons. IF they would do Shockwave, they'd definitely have to do his appearance like it was in the cartoon.

Take it for what its worth, but on wikipedia they even suggest Jazz in a new paint scheme. I tend to think they could bring Thundercracker (and gotta have Skywarp too) in the next movie. Starscream was just too awesome in this movie. I'm still trying to find the Voyager Starscream in local stores. The Thundercracker Voyager movie toy's bio was pretty cool.

Supposedly (again FWIW its wiki), Wheeljack and Prowl were supposed to be in the movie, but Prowl's spot eventually went to Barricade on the Decepticon side. Blackout was almost Soundwave and Rumble, Skywarp, Thundercracker, and Shockwave were among the Decepticons. IF they would do Shockwave, they'd definitely have to do his appearance like it was in the cartoon.

I´d love to see the Constructicons in the next movie but there was one of 'em already in the this movie

Take it for what its worth, but on wikipedia they even suggest Jazz in a new paint scheme.

Highlight to read spoilers:

I don't understand that. How can they bring him back if he's already dead? If it has to do with each individuals' allspark, then how can any of them actually die? Also, Soundwave I think has already been confirmed for the 2nd movie hasn't he? I thought I read that somewhere.

Wasn't Devastator the combined Constructicons? Brawl was Devastator in the movie.

Yes, Devastator was the combined Constructicons. Brawl is actually one of the Combaticons. The Combaticons can transform into Bruticus

Wasn't Devastator the combined Constructicons? Brawl was Devastator in the movie.

I think it was an error in the movie because on the the toys, etc. It's Brawl.

Where can I get this one. It looks awesome. How much does this one cost?

Well they have stopped making them and with the movie hype they go for between $100-$200 (Depending on if it's the US or Japanese Version). Ebay is your best bet at this point

I need to get the Voyager Ironhide and both Optimus Prime and Megatron to complete the movie cast. Thundercracker is on my list as is the new camaro Bumblebee.

The jets are my favorite so thundercracker is a must. I've also been on the hunt for the 08 Bumblebee with no luck.

So far, the only Voyager figures I've only been able to find Starscream, Blackout, Ironhide and Blackout. Since Tuesday, I've been to basically every Target, Toys 'R' Us and mall in my area and EVERY SINGLE store has only Ironhide and Starscream!! It's like a conspiracy or something. I'm thinking of picking up the protoform figures too. I've been seeing them all over the place.

Prime and Megatron are the hardest ones to find apparently. A friend of mine has all the Voyager Decepticons and says that Brawl is his favorite. I really want Bonecrusher the most though. Him and Thundercracker. I don't care if he wasn't in the movie!

Ironhide is really wild and quickly becoming my new favorite but man is he a pain to transform. I always feel like I'm gonna break something.