2015 Winter Classic

HawksFanInDC

From an article in the Chicago Tribune yesterday.

"The Caps' special Winter Classic uniforms will be unveiled Sept. 23 and the Hawks' will be revealed at a later date."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/hockey/blackhawks/chi-winter-classic-nationals-park-20140910-story.html

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ohh Hawks fan in dc this has to be like a wet dream for you ha

Now that's F'in funny :P

No idea, I am pissed HBO is not doing 24/7 this year. Lots of options for throwbacks. Remember a cream (off white like the Rangers WC) one with black and red shoulder yokes and a similar crest to the 2009 WC. I think that would look nice.

No idea, I am pissed HBO is not doing 24/7 this year. Lots of options for throwbacks. Remember a cream (off white like the Rangers WC) one with black and red shoulder yokes and a similar crest to the 2009 WC. I think that would look nice.

They're apparently still going to do a behind-the-scenes series... just not with HBO.

Agreed on the Caps, I would love to see these jerseys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCkUjPqFLaU

The Hawks have already rolled out throwbacks for an event like this, I would almost like them to come up with a throwback-inspired new design, like the Red Wings did last year. Their only other option as I see it is to go with a white throwback like this one:

http://www.nhluniforms.com/Blackhawks/Images/Blackhawks16.png

but it seems kind of plain.

Edited by DiscoStu

• 2 weeks later...

I read somewhere on Twitter referencing that 'W' logo to an old Washington Senators (baseball team) logo. I haven't had time to research for some of their uniforms but that would be an interesting direction if they go that route.

576px-Washington_Senators.svg.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Washington_Senators_(1901%E2%80%9360)

It looks to be the Washington Senators logo.

Edited by arittel137

It looks to be the Washington Senators logo.

But the Senators are remembered more for their many years of mediocrity and futility, including six last-place finishes in the 1940s and 1950s.

Quite appropriate given how much effort Leonsis' Caps have put into carrying on that legacy.

I read somewhere on Twitter referencing that 'W' logo to an old Washington Senators (baseball team) logo. I haven't had time to research for some of their uniforms but that would be an interesting direction if they go that route.

The Senators were the target of the slogan "First in war, first in peace, last in the American League".

Not a fan of those at all. They look too much like Vancouver's Heritage jerseys.

They definitely should've just gone with the red classic.

I'm so-so with these jerseys. Not terrible but nothing great either.

Also not a fan of a team wearing jerseys or throwbacks inspired by teams that have no association with them, but happened to play in the same town. Yes, I am looking at you Ottawa and Vancouver.

The close up of a teaser shot with a 'C' on the chest appears to be stacked lettering. Could be wrong, though