2015 Winter Classic

HawksFanInDC

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hate it, Hate it, Hate it! Its molded after a roller hockey team from the 40's! And some other minor league crap teams from the 30's and 40's. Why the hell are the Capitals paying homage to teams that have nothing to do with the franchise that started in '74. Stop trying to make the team have more history then it has. Its just like all the banners they have hanging in the rafters. They never won a cup so why are there 20 banners hanging? Trying to falsely make your team look like the Montreal Forum is ridiculous. Be proud of what your team has done, plenty of jerseys to chose from in the last 40 years. This jersey could have been a Stadium Series jersey or a 3rd but not a Winter Classic, which is supposed to be an accurate reproduction of past jerseys worn. poor, what would you expect from a team who wanted to clean house, so they hire the assistant GM to take over for the old GM.

As a Caps fan, I was hoping that they would try something different wouldn't just go with the red version of the current alternate, but I'm not sure if I like it. At first glance, I didn't but it has started to grow on me already.

Last year I think was the first time they didn't include the Winter Classic patch on the replicas. Do we assume they are going to pull the same thing this year?

As a Caps fan, I was hoping that they would try something different wouldn't just go with the red version of the current alternate, but I'm not sure if I like it. At first glance, I didn't but it has started to grow on me already.

Last year I think was the first time they didn't include the Winter Classic patch on the replicas. Do we assume they are going to pull the same thing this year?

Pretty sure that solely had to do with the lockout and the fact that the jerseys were made for 2013, in case the lockout was solved in time for the game, and then when it wasn't they were able to just have people buy the right patch.

I'd be surprised if they don't include the patches again.

Pretty sure that solely had to do with the lockout and the fact that the jerseys were made for 2013, in case the lockout was solved in time for the game, and then when it wasn't they were able to just have people buy the right patch.

I'd be surprised if they don't include the patches again.

I never thought of it that way. I hope that is the case. Like I said, the jersey is growing on me, but probably not enough for me to buy an authentic but it would bug my if my replica/premier didn't have the patch.

Very disappointed. Maybe they will make the alternate available in 2.0 this year. I would only buy this on clearance when it's over.

I might disagree slightly Sungod...

If you look closely on the two 'A's in the Capitals wordmark, as well as the Alternative Captain's 'A' and the middle prong on the 'W' they pay homage to the Washington Monument with the font design.

It's definitely notable and might even by at least a slightly 'cool factor' even if the rest of the uniform is 'blah'

the caps jersey is unimaginative , stale and void of any notable cool factor. Those are the best things i can say about the jersey. i vomited in my mouth after seeing them.

I'm actually surprised you guys didn't pick up right away what this looks like. I saw it almost instantly. You'll know it when you hear it too because it's so obvious. You know what it really looks like?

Crap.

Bunch of haterz up in here as usual. :noway::noway::noway:

The jersey was intentionally designed to look like a half-Arse MS Paint job to represent the effort the organization puts in. It's not actually paying homage to the Washington Monument, it's actually subliminal advertising for Leonsis' Monumental Network, which is the best thing to hit the interwebs since AOL.

These will be the next generation of the Burger King, Wildwing, or Gortons Fisherman.

Except with less character.

I'm slightly underwhelmed because I expected either the red throwbacks, or a jersey based on the 1995-2007 blue/black/gold eagle era. I was slightly expecting a fauxback, because honestly, that's at least half of what the Winter Classic jerseys are. My views on this jersey are mixed. Firstly, the subtle nods to the Washington Monument are nice. The shoulder stripes are unique, except, for, well, the Canucks' Millionaires Vintage Classic jersey. But for the most part, they really captured the old-timey feel with this, with the colors and simplistic design. I was just hoping for a nod to the Capitals' own history, more obvious than the three stars.

As for Chicago, I hope it's one of their white/black uniforms. They haven't worn them in almost 100 years. If they miss yet another good opportunity to finally bring them back, I'd assume they will for the league's 100th anniversary in 3 years.

Irvin.jpg

EDIT: You know...as time goes on, I'm becoming more and more fond of the Caps' jersey. I think the blue/black/gold era is their best, but this is a nice vintage jersey design.

Numbers are in another unnecessarily long font...

http://www.monumentalnetwork.com/photos/capitals-nhl-winter-classic-jersey-unveiled

Maybe you guys will hate them so much for so long that you'll go full circle and buy the f out of them

Yeah, the numbers are elongated, like the Stadium Series jerseys. I hope this trend doesn't go any farther than that.

Edited by Nas

Do you think Chicago may do kind of what Detroit did with their last WC alumni jerseys and just reverse their previous WC uniforms? Switch the black and whites?

Edited by thebiggoalie

These are up now on shop.nhl.com and the premier jersey doesn't have the shoulder patch :(

http://shop.nhl.com/Washington_Capitals_Gear/Mens_Washington_Capitals_Reebok_Red_2015_Winter_Classic_Premier_Jersey

Edited by Wennma01