2015 Winter Classic

HawksFanInDC

Here's a look at the Hawks WC Premier. Interesting to note that it looks like a straight hem, with no side cuts like regular Premiers, and also no jocktag. Also, the tomahawks look to be fully embroidered, not the cheap screenprinted single layer of twill. I wonder if these reflect changes to all Premiers, or if this is a special case.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Winter-Classic-KANE-Chicago-Blackhawks-Reebok-Premier-Jersey-3XL-XXXL-/291295722472?ssPageName=ADME:SS:SS:US:1120

HUGE kudos for this. I've been waiting for this to be answered and it looks like not only is the Indian head embroidered but the tomahawk seems embroidered as well. Definite cop when I get back to Chi.

Thanks dude!

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's a look at the Hawks WC Premier. Interesting to note that it looks like a straight hem, with no side cuts like regular Premiers, and also no jocktag. Also, the tomahawks look to be fully embroidered, not the cheap screenprinted single layer of twill. I wonder if these reflect changes to all Premiers, or if this is a special case.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Winter-Classic-KANE-Chicago-Blackhawks-Reebok-Premier-Jersey-3XL-XXXL-/291295722472?ssPageName=ADME:SS:SS:US:1120

Winter Classic replicas have always been 550 cut.

Well i'll be damned, he actually did get them...

You seem surprised. JB always get the rare stuff, and hard to get stuff

Bit surprided to see that it's a retail authentic, only replicas were supposed to be made available for retail right?

I don't think this situation is any different than that of the Stadium Series jerseys. Reebok produced only replicas for regular retail sale, but that doesn't prevent a dealer from special ordering authentics. I am sure that many other dealers could get authentics if they wanted to, but they don't want to risk buying too many of an expensive special event jersey that they might end up getting stuck with after the public's interest fades. JB is about the only one who not only has the foresight to order authentics before anyone else does, but also has the balls to pony up the cash for these, knowing he may be stuck with many of them if they don't all sell. It doesn't always work out well for him- look at all the Leafs WC jerseys he still has that he's had to reduce prices on, or put up for auction with a low opening bid.

It doesn't always work out well for him- look at all the Leafs WC jerseys he still has that he's had to reduce prices on, or put up for auction with a low opening bid.

He should have stocked up on this "special event" Leafs jersey instead:

I'm of the age to not only remember when that "band" was quite big but also that the lead singer Lee was pretty friggin hot.

right she was. Ah memories of grade 10 in high school.

There are closeup photos in JB's eBay listing.

http://www.icejerseys.com/products/Chicago-Blackhawks-12779/Chicago-Blackhawks-2015-NHL-Winter-Classic-Premier-Replica-Jersey-p33325/?pstart=1

Looks like a stock photo but if you zoom in you can see a decent amount of detail in the airknit material, the crest, and parts of the tomahawk patches.

Edit: Better closeups here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271685522267?

Edited by LAK74

Baron put the Caps authentic WC on sale yesterday. Looking at the numbers he has available for sale, he doesn't has as many up for sale at the moment as the Blackhawk WC authentic but maybe he has more in stock than what he is selling. I ordered mine and I'll post a bunch of pictures when it comes in. From looking at JB's pictures, the jersey looks to have a nice build quality. The "CAPITALS" lettering is made with felt which I don't think the premier replica has. I was planning to get this jersey since I have an extensive Capitals collection but recently the look has really grown on me after being underwhelmed initially. I figure at some point they will do a red version of their current 3rd and this is a nice departure from what they have traditionally worn. Unfortunately, I won't have enough time to get is customized by EPS before I attend the game but I will at least know if the Caps decide to use felt or twill numbering on the jersey before I send mine out. I'm always amazed that Baron is able to get these authentics that never seem to go retail.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WASHINGTON-CAPITALS-AUTHENTIC-2015-WINTER-CLASSIC-REEBOK-EDGE-2-0-7287-JERSEY-/301424816695

Edited by madflava

I spoke to EPS yesterday. There will be felt on the numbers. Not sure about the alternate A or Captain C, or the names.

I was also hoping the Caps WC would be the red version of the current 3rd. That is by far, the best looking jersey, in my opinion. The jersey they chose is staring to grow on me so I bit the bullet and ordered one from JB. Don't really like the fact the "A" will look like the Washington Monument, but maybe that will grow on me as well. How is this guy thr only one on the planet that can get theses?

How is this guy thr only one on the planet that can get theses?

He just orders them before anyone else. He also might be the only dealer who actually wants to order them; others may not want to risk getting stuck with them if they don't all sell.

He just orders them before anyone else. He also might be the only dealer who actually wants to order them; others may not want to risk getting stuck with them if they don't all sell.

From my experience, I was literally told I couldn't order things like this. I think he has some sort of deal with them. I was not able to order any special jerseys (Ducks retro, Stadium Series, etc.).