2015 Winter Classic

HawksFanInDC

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice work with the mock-up... didn't you already post that somewhere else too? I feel like I saw it already...

I'm not that big a fan of the design... especially the black. Its too plain. I'd think the black would at least look a little better with a white logo. Black logo on black jersey, with no color at all, just seems really boring.

Yeah, the total lack of color is bland....and I don't like the SS angles on the hems.

Im telling you guys ha, i love this design so i mocked it up

Right, I saw this somewhere but I was too lazy to quote it. :P

I love it personally, it's a classic design I think. But I'd prefer a replica of the actual jerseys they wore.

personally, i have been hoping for somthing like the jersys from the 50's: the older indianhead design from the mid 50's but with the tomahawks in elbow region that came a couple years later. so, basically the indian head form the top jersey on the design of the lower one.

Blackhawks19.png

Blackhawks21.png

Edited by vadarx

Found the instagram profile of the designer who did the Caps logo (looks like he's done other stuff for reebok)

http://instagram.com/sterlachini

Looks like he wanted the W logo to be the primary without the capitals over top it. There's also a version with DC interlocked that didn't make the cut.

Found the instagram profile of the designer who did the Caps logo (looks like he's done other stuff for reebok)

http://instagram.com/sterlachini

Looks like he wanted the W logo to be the primary without the capitals over top it. There's also a version with DC interlocked that didn't make the cut.

3IK87sx.png

The "DC" thing is really clever. I like this logo.

I'm slightly underwhelmed because I expected either the red throwbacks, or a jersey based on the 1995-2007 blue/black/gold eagle era. I was slightly expecting a fauxback, because honestly, that's at least half of what the Winter Classic jerseys are. My views on this jersey are mixed. Firstly, the subtle nods to the Washington Monument are nice. The shoulder stripes are unique, except, for, well, the Canucks' Millionaires Vintage Classic jersey. But for the most part, they really captured the old-timey feel with this, with the colors and simplistic design. I was just hoping for a nod to the Capitals' own history, more obvious than the three stars.

As for Chicago, I hope it's one of their white/black uniforms. They haven't worn them in almost 100 years. If they miss yet another good opportunity to finally bring them back, I'd assume they will for the league's 100th anniversary in 3 years.

Irvin.jpg

I'm with Nas, I think that black and white set ca. 1926 is the most logical and best option. With the refresh of the 90's black alternate in last year's Outdoor Series, I think they've done enough with the familiar colors and logo, so this set would be perfect. I think they'd look spectacular, and if they do go this route I hope they have those stripes come all the way down onto the chest and not stop at the shoulder.

I'm with Nas, I think that black and white set ca. 1926 is the most logical and best option. With the refresh of the 90's black alternate in last year's Outdoor Series, I think they've done enough with the familiar colors and logo, so this set would be perfect. I think they'd look spectacular, and if they do go this route I hope they have those stripes come all the way down onto the chest and not stop at the shoulder.

i gotta disagree with ya chaz, for a couple reasons. one, i think the 'hawks will save those for the 100 year anniversary season (albeit that is far away). two, i don't think they have done enough will the familiar color schemes. all alternates have been black since....forever. so why not bring back a white one? i have noticed a lot of new 'hawks gear so far this season with the indianhead from the jersey i posted above btw. i really think that older crest on the jerseys with the tomahawks on the elbows would be sweet (and would sell at a higher rate than the black and white originals). i would also mention that the circular crest has been used already, whereas the indianhead from the mid 50's hasn't appeared on a jersey since then...

regardless of what it ends up being, i wish they would hurry up and release it!

Edited by vadarx

i would also mention that the circular crest has been used already, whereas the indianhead from the mid 50's hasn't appeared on a jersey since then...

The indianhead that has been used on the '10 WC and subsequent third jersey is quite different than the original one from those '26 jerseys -

it's not just a de-colorized version of the same logo, as Chris Creamer's site would have you believe. It was a much simpler/rougher illustration. This is the best image I could find:

blackhawks-logo-1926_zps9fcf4ca7.png

We're arguing personal opinion at this point, but I just think these jerseys would get my blood pumping more than a slightly different and inferior version of their current uniform. Your point about saving the '26 uniform for the centennial is interesting though. Another option they could go with that would be pretty cool to see is the white set ca. 1948:

Blackhawks16.png

And I agree, the announcement can't come soon enough...

Just got this email. If you wanna read into it, looks like the Hawks won't be wearing a jersey featuring the circular logo :glare:

ScreenShot2014-10-22at44626PM_zps4307898

Edited by Chazberg

Meh, I'm just gonna say it's a placeholder and they haven't finished the final design yet, or showed it to those people yet.

This is kinda off topic but does it bug anyone else they are now having contests for "an opportunity to PURCHASE two tickets" haha?

Yeah, I read that and had a good laugh.

That's a pretty nice logo. I'd get rid of the tiny little WC logo in the tail, but otherwise that would look slick as a jersey crest.

Man, that's really just... not very good.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any updates on when Hawks will release the jersey? Thanksgiving?

I don't know how RBK can expect to make money when teams release jerseys a week prior to the game. Preordering something for 200+ dollars you have never seen makes no sense.

I don't know how RBK can expect to make money when teams release jerseys a week prior to the game. Preordering something for 200+ dollars you have never seen makes no sense.

Nothing new yet. And I doubt they'll reveal the jersey and put it up on sale after the week before Christmas.

If memory serves, the Hawks waited awhile to reveal their WC jersey in winter '08, and I actually kinda like it that way. It sorta kills the suspense to me to roll out the jersey right at the beginning of the season. And the Hawks will sell plenty of them regardless of when they're released.