2015 Winter Classic

HawksFanInDC

Man, I'm really not feeling these. They're really boring in my opinion.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Be patient and The Baron will probably have authentics soon.

Kinda bland though. But better than the Caps.

Yeah, I will wait it out...I missed out on the 1st Hawks Winter Classic authentics, if they even had the Edge authentic available, so I am going to get one of these, probably Duncan Keith...I don't have an authentic of his yet...

Edited by y2jdmbfan

I think there is something to be said about brand identity and not constantly reinventing the wheel. I am the biggest fan of unique jerseys and crazy alts but just because a team plays in a special event game doesnt always constitute a new fandangled design. I think the hawks did a nice job with this. A nice throwback aspect for the single layer cresting and tomohawk placements without going off the deep end. Its kind of nice to recognize your team when they skate out on the ice. Im probably in the minority on this one though.

The fact that they used the same crest as their current crest has me up in arms about if I want to buy one. I just purchased a new 2.0 away and this feels to similiar with the same crest. wish they would have used an older hawk head. Thinking about just grabbing a black 2.0 from baron instead

Edited by Jdems93

I think there is something to be said about brand identity and not constantly reinventing the wheel. I am the biggest fan of unique jerseys and crazy alts but just because a team plays in a special event game doesnt always constitute a new fandangled design. I think the hawks did a nice job with this. A nice throwback aspect for the single layer cresting and tomohawk placements without going off the deep end. Its kind of nice to recognize your team when they skate out on the ice. Im probably in the minority on this one though.

100% agree with this, I'm glad im not the only one who seems to prefer clean, simple looking jerseys from the good 'ol days. Whilst I'll agree that some teams are more suited more for modern and progressive designs. I think teams like the Blackhawks who are a traditional team, and apart from there early years haven't really changed there uniforms a whole lot are best suited to designs like this. I'm all for innovation but sometimes I think less is more.

Like most have said here, give it a different Indian head and it's perfect. Looks far too similar to their away jerseys at the moment and I think that might (albeit slightly) affect sales to the casual, non-jersey obsessed crowd who might already have an away jersey and feel this is too similar and therefore hold off on buying one.

Edited by zooeyperry10

Like most have said here, give it a different Indian head and it's perfect. Looks far too similar to their away jerseys at the moment and I think that might (albeit slightly) affect sales to the casual, non-jersey obsessed crowd who might already have an away jersey and feel this is too similar and therefore hold off on buying one.

well said. definitely the only thing that kept this from being a real winner. not that that will stop me from giving jb my money when he gets the authentics in...... B)

I really like the Hawks WC jersey, better than that SS disaster.

Agreed. I still can't move my SS Hawks premiere I got for the game lol. I love the black 3rd jersey they had back in the day, but the SS sweater butchered it.

This is the second straight Blackhawks outdoor game jersey ruined by the crest, IMHO. The chrome still gives me nightmares, and now the incredibly lazy move of slapping the current logo on an otherwise meticulously reproduced throwback is a serious bummer. Being a local fan, I have a certain amount of logo fatigue when it comes to the current Indian head, since I see it about 5,000 times per televised game, as well as slapped on all matter of crappy products. After awhile it starts to feel stale to me, like the McDonald's or Chevrolet logos, and seeing it on this jersey when they could've worn this beauty is really a shame. No chance I'm paying $300 plus for a road jersey with elbow tomahawks (although I will admit, I absolutely love them rendered in red and white, maybe even moreso than the current green and gold).

To points made by others, however, I do give the Hawks credit for the lack of trendiness and pandering this sweater exhibits--it clearly wasn't designed to move product (other than to people on this board :P ), but instead be a classy and reserved throwback free of antique white or felt or other fauxback fads. And I suppose any time a jersey is designed with reasons other than to sell jerseys, it's a win.

Edited by Chazberg

This is the second straight Blackhawks outdoor game jersey ruined by the crest, IMHO. The chrome still gives me nightmares, and now the incredibly lazy move of slapping the current logo on an otherwise meticulously reproduced throwback is a serious bummer. Being a local fan, I have a certain amount of logo fatigue when it comes to the current Indian head, since I see it about 5,000 times per televised game, as well as slapped on all matter of crappy products. After awhile it starts to feel stale to me, like the McDonald's or Chevrolet logos, and seeing it on this jersey when they could've worn this beauty is really a shame. No chance I'm paying $300 plus for a road jersey with elbow tomahawks (although I will admit, I absolutely love them rendered in red and white, maybe even moreso than the current green and gold).

To points made by others, however, I do give the Hawks credit for the lack of trendiness and pandering this sweater exhibits--it clearly wasn't designed to move product (other than to people on this board :P ), but instead be a classy and reserved throwback free of antique white or felt or other fauxback fads. And I suppose any time a jersey is designed with reasons other than to sell jerseys, it's a win.

Good points too. As a local fan as well, lets hope the outcome of the WC doesn't resemble in any way the outcome of the Hawks/caps game from tonight. :/ wtf?

I think the WC jersey is meh, do not like the current head and prefer the patch on the chest. I will definitely get an authentic as my collection includes at least one authentic of every patched Hawks jersey in each color worn in a competitive game (only exception is just one Hockey Fights Cancer year) since I was born.

I actually like the Stadium Seties since they are so different. I have a Versteeg game worn and do not think I will ever move it.

I think the WC jersey is meh, do not like the current head and prefer the patch on the chest. I will definitely get an authentic as my collection includes at least one authentic of every patched Hawks jersey in each color worn in a competitive game (only exception is just one Hockey Fights Cancer year) since I was born.

I actually like the Stadium Seties since they are so different. I have a Versteeg game worn and do not think I will ever move it.

Just browsed your collection on Photobucket - seriously impressive.

Just browsed your collection on Photobucket - seriously impressive.

Thanks, the Pro Players were the hardest to find since they only wore them 1 year.

^ Yes, I confirmed with the BH Store on Michigan Ave that Reebok will not be producing the authentic WC jersey.

I also had a weird telephone conversation with a store employee about how they are selling their lettered WC Premiers @ $250 when the NHLStore sells it for $180. When asked what the difference between the $250 and the $180, the store employee said, "No difference. They are exactly the same jersey." So I just shrugged and hung up.

Has anyone got to actually see the WC Premier in person? What are the details on the tomahawk and the indianhead? Are they nicely sewn or do they look like the regular season retail Premier?

Edited by DHD28

The Baron will get them.

Pretty much guaranteed he will

How, if they're not being made?

You think reebok is only going to make enough for the Hawks to use for the game? The Baron will get his hands on some.

The Baron is busy in the North Pole with his elves making those 'Hawks WC shirts.

Git down witch yo bad self, JB.