2014-15 Season Jersey Updates League-Wide

PensJerseys

I'm assuming there are announcements to come shortly for a few other teams still, including the Pens on the 19th for their new alternate. Why not get the conversation started now?

I'm super pumped for the rumored yellow we're told to expect! :thumbsup:

----------------------------------------

Since this happened a while ago, here's a link to the Blues thread.

Edited by blurryhaze312

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's been rumored for a while, but could this confirm that the Flyers' 3rd jersey is actually just the 2012 Winter Classic Jersey? Why else would Mark Streit be wearing one when he wasn't around for the Classic?

https://www.facebook.com/578714915567518/photos/pb.578714915567518.-2207520000.1410874318./582110875227922/?type=3&theater

Hmm... doesn't have the WC patch too. That could be the confirmation we've been looking for!

I can't remember where I saw it but I did see that there were also flyers players practicing with the pants that were used for the classic.

That would be here:

http://www.icethetics.co/blog/2014/8/26/are-the-flyers-reviving-their-2012-winter-classic-jersey

I'm assuming there are announcements to come shortly for a few other teams still, including the Pens on the 19th for their new alternate. Why not get the conversation started now?

I'm super pumped for the rumored yellow we're told to expect! :thumbsup:

----------------------------------------

Since this happened a while ago, here's a link to the Blues thread.

I am excited to see what the new alt looks like too! Though if they do go with the yellow I hope they make a few adjustments, although I love the old yellow ones for what they are I don't think they were the best looking jerseys of all time. Would certainly be something different than normal though which is always good.

I know it's been rumored for a while, but could this confirm that the Flyers' 3rd jersey is actually just the 2012 Winter Classic Jersey? Why else would Mark Streit be wearing one when he wasn't around for the Classic?

https://www.facebook.com/578714915567518/photos/pb.578714915567518.-2207520000.1410874318./582110875227922/?type=3&theater

Apparently that picture is over a year old, I think Icethetics pointed that out

Apparently that picture is over a year old, I think Icethetics pointed that out

Even still, doesn't mean its not a sign of things to come.

For one, there is no reason for Streit to have been photographed in that jersey, let alone the jersey to be altered with no patch. Perhaps they were planning on using it as a third jersey last year, but changed their minds and delayed it.

Another thing is that the white looks to be regular white, not vintage white, and the logo may not be felt.

It's definitely not an authentic 2.0, just look at the tie down strings. It looks like a replica.

I definitely agree with that point... it looks like a replica. But it wouldn't be the first time a player was photographed in a replica rather than an authentic.

I definitely agree with that point... it looks like a replica. But it wouldn't be the first time a player was photographed in a replica rather than an authentic.

Which makes me think it's legit. If it was Streit in an edge 2.0 I'd say it could be a photoshop job but with it being a replica without the patch I'm thinking it's got some sort of credibility. It would be cool if that jersey returned.

Kings will be having 2 new jerseys this year from what I recall reading:

• Purple Vintage will be replaced by a Yellow one for their "Legends Night" games
  • Stadium Series Game against San Jose will assumptively be different than last year's

Forum member Bobcat is in the know, but I believe he is under a secrecy agreement and not allowed to disclose further details yet.

Kings will be having 2 new jerseys this year from what I recall reading:

• Purple Vintage will be replaced by a Yellow one for their "Legends Night" games
  • Stadium Series Game against San Jose will assumptively be different than last year's

Forum member Bobcat is in the know, but I believe he is under a secrecy agreement and not allowed to disclose further details yet.

Junkyard would know too. But same FBI hush stuff for him too.

Junkyard would know too. But same FBI hush stuff for him too.

Doh, that's who I meant. Had a complete braincramp and thought of the Kings' personalizer (Bobcat) rather than Junkyard, who is equally in the know through Lucky Luc et al.

Nice catch!

Can't wait for the new Pens alt. It can't be worse than the current Pens jerseys, can it? Hopefully, they'll change the Vegas gold to yellow in a few years like they've done before. Can't stand the Vegas gold :noway:

i was gonna say, the nhl crest o the flyers is not sublimated, its a patch and i thought all the new gamers were sublimated

They're not all sublimated. In fact, unless I have my terminology wrong, none of them are sublimated.

Some have switched to a softer material for the patch but it's still a patch.

The Flyers haven't switched at all and still use the harder material.

Pens jerseys look nice (I hate myself for saying that).

https://amp.twimg.com/v/c295ccf8-6973-48d5-bf09-f1b1a09b3af6

I thought they'd go with the gold version of this jersey rather than black, but the colors are still nice.

Mixed feelings. Wish they would have used the 90's logo still. Though, considering they are an alternate and not a "throwback" I guess it makes sense.

All I see is the Heros of Hockey Lemieux throwbacks with the current logo, though.

*Edit*

This is a much better view than in the video, and it helps sell it more. I dig.

89331T_Third_Web_OnSale_Splash.jpg

Edited by blurryhaze312