2014-15 Season Jersey Updates League-Wide

PensJerseys

2004 All Star jerseys were absolutely the best ever. I wish that they'd do more like that.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there's been a lot of back and forth around if Reebok is going to rebrand to CCM on the sweaters next season, but I saw something on Instagram that I want to add to that conversation. CCM is using a #reeboktoccm hashtag on their latest posts (see: http://instagram.com/p/x7bI3lNXW8/?modal=true). Additionally, they have been moving Reebok product lines over to CCM branding (ex. Ribcor) as well as previous Reebok athlete deals to CCM (ex. Duchene). My last piece of evidence is the pant shells at the All Star game today, all branded CCM. Not saying all of this is exactly new, as I hadn't paid that close of attention, but I think it's clear there is a migration to CCM across all products, and my guess is the NHL jerseys are likely the most visible and final change in this plan.

Very cool!

2w5ra7r.jpg

I found this out a while ago. I'm very happy to see that they kept the old jersey in-tact. I'm definitely going to buy one. I have a Starter one just like that. I just want to get one in the Edge cut because the one I have now is blank, plus I'd like having the old jersey design made with the current materials. Still can't believed they kept it the same right down to the outdated wordmark on the shoulder patch.

That jersey was a symbol of 90's sports design and is ultimately one of my favorites of all time. Happy to see it acknowledged again by the franchise.

Since we were talking about the new AS jerseys, figured I'd throw this here -

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/ranking-every-nhl-all-star-game-jersey-of-all-time/

I mostly agree with the list.

The 1989-1991/93 is my personal favorite. It's like, the ultimate NHL jersey, you could not make a more perfect design from the orange shield era NHL identity.

The 2004 one was great in matching the host team's identity, but I think ASG jerseys should just be their own thing. It had a great vintage feel to it though. I also really love the 2000-2001 and 1994-1997 ones, and admittedly, this year's motorcross uniforms. The inaugural ones that were revived in '92 are pretty cool too. I want so many of these but it's hard as hell to find one within my budget, let alone one that isn't blank, autographed, and/or too big/small for me.

I know there's been a lot of back and forth around if Reebok is going to rebrand to CCM on the sweaters next season, but I saw something on Instagram that I want to add to that conversation. CCM is using a #reeboktoccm hashtag on their latest posts (see: http://instagram.com/p/x7bI3lNXW8/?modal=true). Additionally, they have been moving Reebok product lines over to CCM branding (ex. Ribcor) as well as previous Reebok athlete deals to CCM (ex. Duchene). My last piece of evidence is the pant shells at the All Star game today, all branded CCM. Not saying all of this is exactly new, as I hadn't paid that close of attention, but I think it's clear there is a migration to CCM across all products, and my guess is the NHL jerseys are likely the most visible and final change in this plan.

Reebok will only rebrand if the NHL allows them to.