Penguins unveil 2014-15 alternate jersey - Return of Pittsburgh gold

Nas

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda wish they would've just come out and said this is the new home uniform, and bring back the white version while they're at it for a full new set. I get tired of the NHL method of "Introduce the inevitable future full-time uniform as an exciting new alternate at first". It'll still be great to see these on the ice since they're way more vibrant and classic than the dated thing with the side stripes they're wearing now. But we can all read the writing on the wall.

The Jersey Baron says he'll have the Pens 7287 3rds Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest.

JB just got them in. They look like official 2.0's, not the Indo Crap.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=301361393704

Edited by thebiggoalie

JB just got them in. They look like official 2.0's, not the Indo Crap.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=301361393704

definitely not indo-edge. Legit 2.0

Already got my order placed

Yea, JB doesn't get Indo-Edges, but he also has his own source for these things.

No one had authentics of the Ducks throwback, but he did.

So don't take this to mean that we'll be seeing 2.0's of these anywhere else.

If I didn't just buy a car, and if I could get over how much I hate the Penguins, I'd jump on one of those jerseys. They're so nice.

He also just listed the Flyers thirds, and they do have the new NHL shield in the neck instead of the face-piercing original.

He also just listed the Flyers thirds, and they do have the new NHL shield in the neck instead of the face-piercing original.

That's a very subtle change that I really love.

After seeing how good these look on ice, there's no way their current home/roads last more than another year or two... right?

Well, in the great words of Diamond Dave "it's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look getting there!"

After seeing how good these look on ice, there's no way their current home/roads last more than another year or two... right?

We could only hope.

If the current trend continues the white version of this jersey will come out in a year or two and then they'll become the new home/road set after that.

Loved the jersey match-up in Pittsburgh tonite!

Thinking about this on the drive to work today.....IMO, the Flyers old unis (CCM style from mid 90's) was better than the current ones. I don't like that odd orange stripe down the arms on their road shirts.