Penguins unveil 2014-15 alternate jersey - Return of Pittsburgh gold

Nas

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While i agree those jerseys are fresh, your^ enthusiasm disturbs me

I just despise the edge uniform. Pens uniforms are ugly. I might not sell one of the pens tickets to see them though

I'm happy to see them bring back this jersey. I really hope they bring back the white one as their road jersey and gold one as their third just like the early '80s.

I actually liked this style jersey in blue color scheme also.... like they wore in the late 70s right before switching to black and gold. Those were much better than the other blue jerseys they've been wearing more recently as third jerseys. I know it's will never happen but would like to see those '77-'79 jerseys come back some day. You think it's too much for a team to wear 5 different jerseys LOL.

Edited by pwsusi

I don't know if it's a product of NHL 98 for the PS1 being my entry as a hockey fan, but I like the "Robo" Penguin logo best.

Vintage jerseys seem to be in now, so it is probably a smart idea for them to bring back the design that they chose. They are going to sell a billion Crosby jerseys.

yeah, i know this is a retro jersey, but i still think it´s soo dated, could have been from the 70´s from the look of it..........the robo penguin jerseys are still great .......... the same vibe and look of , lets say: the hawks and devils, which are still great today

NICE!

https://twitter.com/NHLFlyers/status/513408957596303360/photo/1

Can't tell, but the sleeve stripes look plain white. Wonder if the gamers will be felt or twill logo/numbers.

EDIT: Nevermind. Looks cream in this picture of Mason.

http://instagram.com/p/tLexfhw_Ih

Edited by dsl135

I was gonna make fun of the seller's screen name ("dinglebears"), but my man has a huge amount of positive feedback.

The stitching on the fight strap on that indo edge looks awful. Black thread on white material makes it stand out - not in a good way

Edited by AlereFlammam

Anyone contact jersey baron? Wonder if he'll get the pens & flyers 3rds

I emailed JB about Pens 3rd 2.0s. He hopes to have them before the season begins.

• 2 weeks later...

Fleury wearing Pittsburgh gold goalie pads. I think they stopped wearing them initially when the Vegas gold RoboPen was taken off of the shoulder patches in 2007-08.

EKU1GhL.png

Fleury wearing Pittsburgh gold goalie pads. I think they stopped wearing them initially when the Vegas gold RoboPen was taken off of the shoulder patches in 2007-08.

I'm not a Pens fan but those are gonna look awesome in-game.

I'm not a Pens fan but those are gonna look awesome in-game.

I'm not sure if the goalies are going to wear them with their Vegas gold home/away unis like they did up until the first couple years of the Edge jerseys. I think they'll definitely wear them with the throwbacks though.

I'm not sure if the goalies are going to wear them with their Vegas gold home/away unis like they did up until the first couple years of the Edge jerseys. I think they'll definitely wear them with the throwbacks though.

Fleury is only wearing those pads and that mask with the 3rds. Thomas Greiss has a completely different pad/mask combo for the 3rds than Fleury.

I thought he changed to white because of the easy to notice yellow/gold colour......i'd be surprised if he straps those on in game situations.....especially given his consistency the last few seasons.....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/21040-marc-andre-fleury-change-of-pads-change-of-playing

I'm not kidding when I say I'm ashamed at how much I would like one of these.