Penguins unveil 2014-15 alternate jersey - Return of Pittsburgh gold

Nas

Anybody know what material the Pens new alternate nameplates are made of?

Whatever it is Arena Wear probably don't got it.

;)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking about this on the drive to work today.....IMO, the Flyers old unis (CCM style from mid 90's) was better than the current ones. I don't like that odd orange stripe down the arms on their road shirts.

I too prefer the Lindros era jerseys. They were slick. I really liked the black one.

Philadelphia-Flyers-Black-Jersey-1997-20

I also really love the logo that has the more-angular wings the Flyers started using in 1982 with the jerseys that pretty much made up the shape of the jerseys used until 2007. I don't know why they did that, but I think it's cool. Also makes it easier to tell the real modern jerseys from modern fakes.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all - first time poster from an on again and off again lurker for quite sometime.

Picked this jersey up from Jersey Baron few days after he put them up for sale, then sent it to Pro Knitwear to have customized. Pro Knitwear received this on Monday, sent it FedEx to me yesterday and I got it today. Incredibly fast turn around especially after estimating 7-10 days. One complaint is that they completely forgot to stitch the "C" on - I am assuming it is to be sewn on, right? It's heat pressed on and not even sticking down in one corner. I hate to complain and go through the hassle of sending it back so I am going to have someone local to me to stitch it on for me.

Other than that, the jersey is awesome and the lettering and numbering looks sharp. There are several customized Indo's on Ebay and also JB now has customized one's for sale, but nothing like getting it done with the lettering Pro Knitwear would use on team issued jerseys. Noticed the somewhat larger/thicker sleeve numbers on this one that the others don't have - also the lettering on the nameplate is a little different on this one - I can see the difference in the "C" and "R' especially.

Enjoy these pictures.

15543448719_761e7d8d7a_h.jpg

15543444279_4fc8bb1441_h.jpg

15544482180_5dceca85b1_h.jpg

15109942373_623b1bdc7e_h.jpg

15729336515_104bc8f2c9_h.jpg

15729336685_b12a338285_h.jpg

Very nice!

What is their charge?

About the "C"...they could have always just accidentally forgot.

You could maybe try giving them a call, telling them what happened, and maybe request a small refund that will cover your charge to have a local sew it down. Should probably only be like $5-8.

Edited by blurryhaze312

Very nice!

What is their charge?

About the "C"...they could have always just accidentally forgot.

You could maybe try giving them a call, telling them what happened, and maybe request a small refund that will cover your charge to have a local sew it down. Should probably only be like $5-8.

thank you all.

the charge was $100 shipped. A little more than I wanted to pay, especially since I saw earlier in this thread someone was quoted for under $60, but I figured spend the extra $$$ now to use on-ice lettering because I'd surely regret it down the road.

I haven't called them - I honestly feel bad complaining especially for $5-8. They were nice and turned it around faster than I could expect. I assume it was just a miss. Where should I take it - should I try the dry cleaners?

Before I retaught myself how to sew with the machine, I just searched for a seamstress local to the area and asked if they minded a simple job of sewing down a patch.

Just be very clear what you want - zig-zag stitch to match the stitch pattern found on the rest of the smaller numbers up on the shoulders.

thank you all.

the charge was $100 shipped. A little more than I wanted to pay, especially since I saw earlier in this thread someone was quoted for under $60, but I figured spend the extra $$$ now to use on-ice lettering because I'd surely regret it down the road.

I haven't called them - I honestly feel bad complaining especially for $5-8. They were nice and turned it around faster than I could expect. I assume it was just a miss. Where should I take it - should I try the dry cleaners?

FWIW: That earlier quote was mine. It was also inaccurate. When I e-mailed them a couple of weeks ago to drop off my jerseys, I replied in the same e-mail thread, in case someone else received the e-mail. The accurate quote, which I gladly paid, and just got my jersey back yesterday, was $85.

The folks at Pro Knitwear are exceptionally friendly, it's a 3rd generation family owned business. The guy that runs it actually gave me a tour of the place, after I explained how I found them because he was genuinely curious.

Moving forward, I wouldn't hesitate to use them for customizing Penguins jerseys and would wholeheartedly recommend them to everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On the verge of picking one of these up. Does Pro Knitwear usually have Edge name plates? If not, would a typical black Edge nameplates suffice (i.e., this one from JB)?

I would imagine Pro Knitwear would have it. Could always call and ask them, they're super nice people, I highly recommend them.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd really love to see the front of these jerseys. they'll be wearing them at Consol Energy Center tomorrow for the Mario Lemieux Fantasy Hockey Camp.

Gonna be regular Penguins logo for those jerseys. Or at least, it should be, based upon last year.

Edited by slimcutta
Stop quoting pics pls.

There's white versions too? Could they possibly be bringing the black and whites back as regular home/aways?

The ones are CCM branded on the right hem. You can kind of tell in the picture of #91 at center ice.

Penguins fans, myself included, are clamoring for the Penguins to bring these back as the full time home and road jerseys.

I'd imagine they're definitely going to bring the whites back eventually, but I think those aren't necessarily "exactly" them, as they don't have any kind of Reebok tagging that I can see (below the neck or on the hem).

I'd imagine they're definitely going to bring the whites back eventually, but I think those aren't necessarily "exactly" them, as they don't have any kind of Reebok tagging that I can see (below the neck or on the hem).

Unless my eyes are decieving me, I don't see double elbows or a fight strap that would indicate an authentic, on the the white jersey.

I think the Penguins may have raided the team store and outfitted the guys at the Fantasy Camp with the white version of the Team Classic Penguins jersey, which is the traditional square style, whereas the black jersey appears to, at a minimum be an Indo-EDGE, but more likely an EDGE 2.0

Reebok doesn't make the jerseys they're supposed to make. Now you're expecting them to make awesome jerseys and not even tell anybody?

the knockoffs have arrived. this is the first I've seen. I have to admit it doesn't look horrible but it still doesn't take more than a quick glance to automatically see a half dozen things bad without trying to think about it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pittsburgh-Penguins-Crosby-Reebok-3rd-Alternate-Authentic-Jersey-Mens-Size-50-/171651813685?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item27f73ed135