New Lightning Alternate revealed - Back in Black

Nas

The Lightning revealed their new alternate jersey today. The team are going to wear a mostly-black jersey and grey-outlined text for the first time since 2011. The jersey sports the team's current shoulder patches, and lacks the victory stripes the team has worn up until this year. It retains the same "Bolts" crest as the previous alternate did, and has thin white arm-length stripes like on the Kings' home jersey.

3rdJerseyPresale_Gallery_slide.jpg

Stamkos_3rd_4_slide.jpg

Stamkos_3rd_5_slide.jpg

Stamkos_3rd_9_slide.jpg

Stamkos_3rd_11_slide.jpg

20110910_Stamkos%20Third%20Jersey-34_sli

20110910_Stamkos%20Third%20Jersey-42_sli

Here is a rendering from Andrew M. Greenstein of NHLUniforms.com.

Lightning2014Alt.png

The team will wear it 12 times this year, all at home.

pDAzmix.png

Full gallery here.

I'm a little disappointed. It looks cool, but I was expecting some throwback elements with it. However, there are a couple of them, I would've loved to see the classic Lightning logo, or at least the primary one, instead of "Bolts" again. But it's always good to look forward once in a while, too. I really like the shoulder patch, but I wish they colored the shoulder/arms area white.

Edited by Nas

I said this in the other thread, but this is honestly absolutely horrendous to me.

Its a Kings jersey with the same lame BOLTS logo.

There's literally nothing good about it. I don't even understand how something like this could get past the design phase, let alone actually see the ice. I can't imagine how anyone could look at this and think it looks good.

This is on par with the Sabres third for me now as worst jersey in the league.

Oh, I also forgot to mention that the team pulled a prank on the players by showing them a 90s-esque black jersey, expecting them to believe it was the real new jersey. It has the primary team logo, and is littered with a palm tree pattern.

vQcuLKC.jpg

ZQeFaZi.jpg

What's sad is the prank jersey is almost... ALMOST... better than the crap they actually released.

If only they were pranking the fans too.

Kind of boring.

As if I am more enthused about the joke palm tree design concept, and I'm not even kidding.

I'm disappointed that so many teams are just bringing back old throwbacks, or doing rehashes of simple designs. I want to see some new fresh designs.

I don't get it.

Ever since the "futuristic" edge style came out, this teams appearance has just floundered trying to find itself, while it should be thriving with probably the easiest logo and best color scheme to lend itself to the edge system.

The original edge jerseys they came up with sucked. The BOLTS theme is terrible. The blue version with the redefined logo is way too bland, and now this abomination.

I'd love to see an edge version of their old alternate (storm) design, not for nostalgic reasons, but because I think that design would translate well to the edge once and for all.

i love the black and the over all theme with the black pants and lightning bolt on the pants. Where it goes bad is the logo "BOLTS" is so ugly and aboslutey garbage. I hate the "SENS" jersey too. i think the plan tree jersey is a little more imaginatif then the bolts logo lol

For those interested. Looks like the first batch of authentics for sale will be team issued.

http://www.tampabaysportsstore.com/products/reebok-tampa-bay-lightning-mens-authentic-third-custom-jersey-black.html

They have 52 thru 58+

For those interested. Looks like the first batch of authentics for sale will be team issued.

http://www.tampabaysportsstore.com/products/reebok-tampa-bay-lightning-mens-authentic-third-custom-jersey-black.html

They have 52 thru 58+

Just curious, what about that says Team Issued to you? Is it just the size 58+?

If its true, that would be awesome, and very cool, that the team is making available team issued 2.0's so quickly.

• 2 months later...

Our very own IceJerseys has the Canadian made new Bolts jersey.

As per the preorders through the team, I don't think a single one was sold at that price. I inquired about them during the preorder (they had Stamkos' actual jersey on the mannequin as a model) and whether they would be the Canadian made models or the Indos and the reps had no idea what I was talking about, they could only say the options were replica or authentic. There is no stock of any type of authentic jersey in the team store at the arena.