Nike Swift 2006 jersey- best for hot/ humid rink?

Cosmic

Key consideration: I play in an ultra hot/ ultra humid rink. Additionally, I am a sweater, and my body temp seems to run hot. So, I need the lightest, most breathable jersey that I can get my hands on.

I am considering a 2006 replica Nike Swift jersey.

a) As far as lightweightness, and ventilation, how does this Nike Swift compare to a 2014 Reebok Edge practice jersey (which I use, and like)

b How does the sizing run? Is it the same as the present day Reebok NHL Premiers?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Team-Canada-2006-Jersey-Nike-IIHF-Replica-Size-Extra-Large-White-/221387935907?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item338bbfd0a3

How does the above Nike Swift, compare to the 2014 Sochi jersey, in terms of lightweightness and breathability? Is this still a "Swift"?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181235069499?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

c) Is sizing the same- is an XL in 2006 Nike Swift, the same as an XL in 2006 Nike? (I know the top jersey is XL and this one is XXL- I am not asking if these will be the same size, I am just asking for a comparison of the sizing, relative to what I know- Reebok Premier).

Edited by Cosmic

never worn a swift replica on the ice. Wish I could tell ya, I dont know how many guys here actually play, so you might even be better of asking at a place like hfboards or modsquadhockey.

Replica swift style and actual on ice swift jerseys look alike in construction, but are completely different material , so its hard to say. The replica will be lightweight, and the sizing for replicas id compare to reebok premiers yes, but possibly a little more tight fitting just based on how they are made to contour to the player rather than be a big ole blanket.. if youre wearing shoulder pads and elbows id get a size bigger just incase.

Edited by IIHFjerseycollector

I took an authentic swift on the ice a couple of seasons ago and it was terrible. The sweat just runs out of the jersey or pools up in spots. I recommend getting a cheap and thin practice jersey. You don't need anything too special

Haha thanks. I used to collect the hell out of Swift jerseys but I narrowed my focus to just Zuccarello jerseys for the most part. I have own lots of swift styles so let me know if you have any other questions

i would buy a reebok practice jersey. i find that the materials that are ostensibly the lightest are actually kind of hot. the edge 1.0 is the WORST. the authentic swifts feel light but i feel like they retain heat and moisture more than one would expect. not sure about replicas. i find the reebok practice jerseys are pretty good at wicking moisure and staying cool

i would buy a reebok practice jersey. i find that the materials that are ostensibly the lightest are actually kind of hot. the edge 1.0 is the WORST. the authentic swifts feel light but i feel like they retain heat and moisture more than one would expect. not sure about replicas. i find the reebok practice jerseys are pretty good at wicking moisure and staying cool

Retail or pro stock? (Reebok practice jersey)