Meigray Adds TOR and CBJ, Drops COL for 14-15 Season.

Hollywood Cannon

Looks like Meigray has added both Toronto and Columbus for the upcoming season. They also have dropped at least Colorado.

For 2014-15, MeiGray has agreements with these 10 clubs: Boston, Columbus, Dallas, Edmonton, Los Angeles, New Jersey, Nashville, Philadelphia, Toronto and Washington.

Edited by Hollywood Cannon

I think they weren't making as money as they thought. Whenever I was down there they had hundreds of unsold gamers.

At least now they sell them all to Barry and be done with them.

I think they weren't making as money as they thought. Whenever I was down there they had hundreds of unsold gamers.

At least now they sell them all to Barry and be done with them.

They never marketed them properly and there was no way to buy them through their online store. No way you can sell all those jerseys with just the foot traffic that goes through the store.

They never marketed them properly and there was no way to buy them through their online store. No way you can sell all those jerseys with just the foot traffic that goes through the store.

Well yeah that would have required there to be actually TML fans around and near the ACC.

Well yeah that would have required there to be actually TML fans around and near the ACC.

Yup, None of those.

indeed it depends on the team.

I'm actually looking forward to what Meigray does with the CBJ, but I'm also fully aware that most of the challenges CBJ collectors have had are due to the team itself, and not the company that previously managed the sales. The team gave away entire sets and releases scraps for a few years in a row. The 2012 draft party featured one set of alternates and some traded players or prospect home and roads in addition to several old jerseys from the early 2000s of various players or camp hopefuls. At the 2013 draft party, there were 20 new jerseys available for sale. That's it. Most of those were traded players or players that changed numbers. There were only a handful that were jerseys from current players. Finally, at the 2014 draft party, there were two full sets available of both home and road jerseys. They did very well, selling all key jerseys within hours (by key jerseys I mean Dubinsky, Bobrovsky, Jenner, Murray - all $1250 up to $1500 for Bob). I'm sure that once the season started they would have sold many of the remaining jerseys at an average of $600-800. I'm not sure why they expect they can do better than this with Meigray.

That said, I like Meigray and I think they will bring a level of documentation that has been sorely lacking in the past few years - and I think they'll try to hold the team to a better standard as far as what's released. For example, last year's released jerseys were not tagged with sets so you had to look at wear to guess whether they were playoff or set 1/2. Having no set designation is kind of a pain as we all understand. While I don't really like adding more competition that comes with Meigray, I do also like the idea of preordering jerseys vs releasing them all at once at the draft party - where you don't necessarily know what's available until that day. I've talked extensively with other CBJ collectors and many feel the same way. I know there are some concerned with prices, but I tend to think recent pricing is already in line with Meigray, so I don't know that it will make much of a difference. If it does, then I am selfishly happy that I went so overboard at this year's draft party because I was able to nab several that will probably be among the higher priced Meigray items.

Are the leafs still selling jerseys through real sports for the next year? It was nice when they were selling all old players jerseys last year for just $200. Are they still doing that? And you could actually buy a Gardiner for $400 at the time. Doubt you'll be getting prices like that through meigray. I should really buy something from them before it's too late.

Are the leafs still selling jerseys through real sports for the next year? It was nice when they were selling all old players jerseys last year for just $200. Are they still doing that? And you could actually buy a Gardiner for $400 at the time. Doubt you'll be getting prices like that through meigray. I should really buy something from them before it's too late.

When they have their summer/winter sale maybe.

Agreed with CJ on it being dependent on the team.

For the Caps, having MGG handle the jerseys is much better than the Caps itself because you get to deal with a professional organization.

more like colorado dropped them.... not the other way around

yep

The Leafs were over valuing almost every single jersey when they started initially selling the jerseys.

That's why it was such a failure for them. Asking $450 for a 4th liner.

Then again Meigray's prices are close to that too. so a Fail/Fail lol.

Some of their valuations are definitely out there. Who is going to buy a Bobby Sanguinetti Rangers jersey for £1495? You can get an Anisimov (albeit on consignment) for practically half of that, or a Prucha (who still holds the rookie PP goals record) for a third!

Good on Meigray for adding these two teams.

I like the documentation, their staff knowledge, and the ease of access for jerseys that I want. The only issue is that they are pricey ... which is easily addressed by simply waiting until the summer sale.

Unless someone buys it beforehand...