Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DJ Rhea

McFarlane Figurines

18 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm looking for basic info on the figurines, ie. are they faked? good prices? are they worth collecting, differences in packages/styles/sets etc. Thanks

McFarlane figures aren't faked. Nowadays, you can find some at a bargain as the popularity of the product has gone down. I used to collect them since they first came out as the NHLPA line with the cardboard backing but once they got the NHL license, they went into clamshells for many years before reverting back to the cardboard backing. It was at that time, fans really noticed the quality was dropping in terms of production and originality. I started the wiki page that was dedicated to the NHL line and kept it up to date for several years but soon as my interest began to fade, others took up the helm. Hopefully it'll provide you with some information on the lines and if there are any particular players you're looking out for. Figures came in 6", 3" and 12" scales; single figures, 2 packs, 3 packs and 4 packs. Most figures were produced with a chase figure that depicted them in another jersey and were produced in lower quantities thus making them more valuable.

Check out the page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McFarlane_NHL_Sports_Picks

Hope that might provide some further insight.

Cheers, good little insight. I have a Darcy Tucker, white on the way and was just interested in the things.

I used to collect them as well, very cool figures if they made them of your favorite team or player.

My favorites are the Gretzky's and Orr's.

I used to collect these as well. I am actually looking to get rid of a lot of my collection as the years gone by my interest in them has become almost zero.

God, I wish I still had my Belford (Leafs and Stars) as well as my Modano but they all got lost in a move with the McKenzie Bros and the Hansons :(

Belfour* stupid phone.

I have a Guy Lafleur Canadiens and a Justin Verlander Detroit Tigers, they are really sweet. I've been thinking about getting a Don Cherry but only because it also comes with Blue.

I used to religiously collect them as well - quality really dropped around 2008 so I stopped shortly thereafter - only collected hockey and football, along with local team baseball, but had nearly every player produced (including almost all chase figures) for both football & hockey when I stopped -

001_zpsc021919c.jpg

I did collect when I lived in PA but I can't find any since I moved to AL.

I used to religiously collect them as well - quality really dropped around 2008 so I stopped shortly thereafter - only collected hockey and football, along with local team baseball, but had nearly every player produced (including almost all chase figures) for both football & hockey when I stopped -

001_zpsc021919c.jpg

Do you have any you want to get rid of?

Do you have any you want to get rid of?

Possibly - send me a PM with who you're looking for and we'll see what works - have a ton of baseball ones (not pictured) as well -

I have a few sets of the 1st & 2nd series unopened still in the McFarlane factory box along with a few sets of the McKenzie brothers / Hansen brothers 

I got into them before I started collecting jerseys, as of now they're sitting in my spare bedroom closet. 

If anyone is looking for the early sets let me know. 

Cheers 

Do you have a list of what you have got?

On 1/27/2017 at 9:26 AM, DJ Rhea said:

Do you have a list of what you have got?

Sorry, 

Just saw this
Here is a quick list: 
Slap Shot Hansen Brothers - 1 set bloodied 1 set non bloodied / both sets white jerseys 

2 sets of McKenzie brothers  

NHL PA set 1 - one complete set 

NHL PA series 2 - two complete sets

NHL series 1 - two sets

NHL Series 2 - one set

MBL Series 1 - one set

And then I have a few loose : Brodeur series 9 white jersey with Stanley Cup, Yzerman series 6 white jersey with Cup, Thibault Series 4 white jersey, Chelios Series 7 white jersey X2, Gretzky Legends series Black jersey Kings and Blue Oilers jersey, Emmit Smith Series 1 white Cowboys jersey  

I'd like to see pictures of the Hanson's bloodied. 

I've never been able to post pics on here 

If you want to shoot me a PM I can email them or send via Text to your mobile 

Sorry