Have you ever been hassled by a fan of your team for wearing a particular jersey?

Adam

I wore a Denis Seidenberg Germany jersey to a Flyers/Ottawa playoff game...One of the "educated" Flyer fans just started to verbally tear me apart for being a Sens fan... I guess the team colors were close...There I was, a long time Flyers season ticket holder, listening to some slightly intoxicated moron telling me how the Flyers were going to trounce my club...

People are smart. :doh:

I guess most of the various members here are pretty intense when it comes to their jerseys - I wasn't aware that you wear the jerseys you collect, just more to collect and display, than to actually wear them.

Personally I'd be too afraid to wear say a Canadiens jersey to a Leafs game loll.

The ACC is probably the safest arena to wear another teams jersey in. All the Bay Street fat cats that own all the seats couldn't care less about what's happening on the ice or what jersey someone is wearing.

MSG is probably the safest arena to wear another teams jersey in. All the Wall Street fat cats that own all the seats couldn't care less about what's happening on the ice or what jersey someone is wearing.

Fixed for you

Fixed for you

Maybe the lower level. We had food thrown at us every time the Rangers scored when I went there in the upper level.

Edited by dsl135

He said when the RANGERS scored. So he got hit with one French fry. Boo hoo.

;)

Haha, it was a while ago (yea, they really don't score in MSG now do they?)

But yes, it was when the RANGERS scored, the coward that was doing it would throw handfuls of peanuts at us, because there were so many fans standing up and cheering that he thought we wouldn't be able to pick him out.

To be completely fair, there was a really nice group of guys sitting behind us that we joked around with for most of the game and had a great time with. It was one guy being a jackass, and I don't chalk that up to the whole fanbase because of one moron's bad behavior.

The ACC is probably the safest arena to wear another teams jersey in. All the Bay Street fat cats that own all the seats couldn't care less about what's happening on the ice or what jersey someone is wearing.

Man, when my girl friend and I wore Blue Jackets jersey we got heckled, and the security told us to be careful. Might have something to do with the Blue Jackets winning 6-1 (or something bad). But most people were cool and asked if we wanted to trade for their Leafs jersey :lol:

I wouldn't say hassled, but on occasion, people who notice I wear many different jerseys ask (usually jokingly) why I don't like the team that I wore the previous time, it may not easily occur to them (without me telling them) that my favorite team is the Penguins.

The same thing may happen if I wear a jersey supporting the road team to a game, or decide to wear a jersey for a team that is not even competing at a game (in which case, it may go into hassling territory).

One big example of the former is when I went to a Caps/Jets game in early 2013. I was wearing the new Jets jersey (with my name and #24 on it, but that's irrelevant) I got recently, and I was hanging out outside of the seating area for a bit before the game. Someone came up to me, obviously a Caps fan, saying "This is America, we don't support Canadian teams here," or something of that sort. It was kind of awkward at first, but I love those kinds of interactions at games, it just makes me feel alive for whatever reason. Anyway, he then walked into the restrooms, but I myself just stood there. I don't believe I got any more negative reactions, not even when the Caps fans were cheering and running out of the arena when they won that game, which made them clinch a playoff spot. I myself love the Caps, as they are a local team, so I did not mind much that they won. Though, I loved Winnipeg much more back then, when they were fresh out of Atlanta.

Most of the people that show up to Caps games at the Phone Booth are Rock the Redtards, not Caps or hockey fans.

I harass all of my friends!

PALFFY NEVER WORE THE CIRCLE LOGO ON THAT ALL STAR GAME JERSEY LOL

SPORTSK CUSTOMIZED THAT? NO s***!

Edited by NYIJM29

Oh, I forgot this. In August I went to Baltimore for a weekend-long convention. I decided to go to a game at Camden Yards on Saturday night. I had a hell of a time, but since I only brought hockey jerseys for that weekend, I went to the game wearing my blue/gold 90's Caps jersey. I got a couple "that's the wrong sport"s here and there. :P Didn't care that much.

Most of the people that show up to Caps games at the Phone Booth are Rock the Redtards, not Caps or hockey fans.

Can you describe what those are for me? I'm assuming you mean people who just cheer for the team just because, or like bandwagoners or something?

I was hassled by Rangers fans all through high school for wearing a Devils jersey, does that count? Was especially bad in 1994 for obvious reasons. It even devolved into fisticuffs a couple times.

I was hassled by Rangers fans all through high school for wearing a Devils jersey, does that count? Was especially bad in 1994 for obvious reasons. It even devolved into fisticuffs a couple times.

You got to return the favour in 95 though.