Retail Edge 2.0 Pricing To Retailers

AlereFlammam

So I was at a local store in the Toronto area looking for their made in Canada stock and I inquired about the new Anaheim Ducks jerseys and if they would be getting any.

The owner logged into a Reebok/CCM website - found under Reebok B2B on google.

On the portal it had all the pricing and I was able to see the price paid.

Retailers pay : $145.50 per edge 2.0

I didn't see indo-edge available on the site and I didn't see the price of replicas. The owner didn't think indo-edge were available anymore but when I told them about the photos pens indo edge thirds at the team store in Pittsburgh they were shocked.

Also, they have $80000 of inventory on back order from Reebok that was ordered in October of last year. Their estimated delivery was the start of December.

Very interesting stuff...

Edited by AlereFlammam

That's typically pretty normal. Almost anything sold at MSRP is sold to retailers for half that.

So yea, the MSRP is $300 for authentics, so most dealers pay $150.

Also, from my experiences ordering from Reebok, they tend to be WAY behind on orders. There's never enough stock to cover all of the orders they have.

Edited by dsl135

Oh dear, I was under the impression that blanks were $200 for dealers. They're even cheaper. So does JB pay $150 for all of his blanks? Even the ones that he sells for $380 like the Stadium Series jerseys? If so, where does he park his yacht in Canada?

Oh dear, I was under the impression that blanks were $200 for dealers. They're even cheaper. So does JB pay $150 for all of his blanks? Even the ones that he sells for $380 like the Stadium Series jerseys? If so, where does he park his yacht in Canada?

I don't know exactly what JB pays, but it would be a reasonable assumption, based on the information I have.

This is standard for most things, by the way, not just hockey jerseys.

I don't know exactly what JB pays, but it would be a reasonable assumption, based on the information I have.

This is standard for most things, by the way, not just hockey jerseys.

I've always been on the MSRP side so it's pretty cool to see the other side of things. I'd have a lot more hockey jerseys if they were closer to $150 for a blank though, stinks they get bumped up to $300. Reebok should compensate the masses due to the infection of Indo-Edges. I'm more afraid to see a local outbreak of Indos than I am Ebola.

I mean, that's like saying that any other retail store should compensate you the difference of MSRP though.

People have to make money. That's why they're in business.

I meant being compensated for the creation of the indo edge lol. Not the MSRP. If authentics were closer to the actual price we'd all own a lot more I am sure. That's where I was going with that.

Edited by flyhighguys94

So I was at a local store in the Toronto area looking for their made in Canada stock and I inquired about the new Anaheim Ducks jerseys and if they would be getting any.

I didn't see indo-edge available on the site and I didn't see the price of replicas. The owner didn't think indo-edge were available anymore but when I told them about the photos pens indo edge thirds at the team store in Pittsburgh they were shocked.

Also, they have $80000 of inventory on back order from Reebok that was ordered in October of last year. Their estimated delivery was the start of December.

What would have been the cost to you to buy one from them?

I paid $270 after tax for one. I was able to talk them into a discount. I didn't use my newly acquired information against them, just my natural wit and charm as a sales person.

I paid $270 after tax for one. I was able to talk them into a discount. I didn't use my newly acquired information against them, just my natural wit and charm as a sales person.

Nicely done haha. But a question comes to mind. How come sites like frozen pond are cheaper than the msrp? Don't they sell their 2.0's for $250 usd or something?

Last year the Senators did 40% off on fan appreciation day for season ticket holders on the last game of the year. They sell blank Edge 2.0's for 290+tax. Meaning, you could get a blank Edge for about $200 all in.

Makes sense that they'd be pretty cheap wholesale, but you have to keep in mind, retailers probably end up with a lot of extra stock that they end up liquidating. So risk is built into the cost.

As far as Jersey Baron goes, I don't have a problem with him inflating prices on models he only has access to. If his prices are too high, they won't sell. If they are too low, he isn't doing good business.

Edited by hockeyjerseyssuck

The whole edge 2.0 market baffles me. 2.0's can be ordered for retail, but reebok is terribly behind on orders, yet the baron enjoys a faster turnaround. Meanwhile some stores are still getting indo-edges.

Glad to hear reebok is losing money, serves them right for screwing up the authentic jersey market.

That is pretty standard, I used to work with Nike and a $150 pair of Jordans was $82.50 to the retailer, and probably less to a big chain like Foot Locker. They also helped reimburse some differentials for markdowns, which may have been the reason the keystone price was above 50%.

I always find it funny that people can poo-poo whole sale prices. What kind of margins do you think it takes to to operate a business? Then again they are probably the same people who cry when someone buys an item for $200 and tries to sell it on eBay for $220+shipping to cover the fees/shipping. FLIPPING FOR A PROFIT! lol. Meanwhile Reebok has about $10 into each jersey that they are ultimately pricing at $300 (of course that is irrespective of advertising and licensing costs, which are considerable).

I think the EDGE jerseys are overpriced at $300. But if Reebok is charging $150, then retailers will double it and sell it for $300, that's the simplest concept in retail. I'll add two things:

1) A popular jersey customizing company told me a roll of EDGE material costs more than the material they make wedding gowns out of. if true, it explains why they cost more than the old 6100 did.

2) Anyone questioning why Jersey Baron sells his for $385 could probably answer their own question. Because he is in business to make money, he has jerseys nobody else has, and people buy them constantly. And on top of that, he's on eBay and has to cover his fees. What should he do, make a $50 profit instead of a $200 profit just to be a nice guy?

$300 for an Edge 2.0 jersey is actually less awful than $130 for a Reebok Premier.

Don't get me wrong, it's an absurd amount of money to spend on something. But in the long run, an Edge 2.0 jersey should last decades, where as a Reebok Premier barely lasts a few light washes before it's riddled with pulls and snaps, and the shoulder pads have faded.

More money up front, but less in the long run.

$300 for an Edge 2.0 jersey is actually less awful than $130 for a Reebok Premier.

Don't get me wrong, it's an absurd amount of money to spend on something. But in the long run, an Edge 2.0 jersey should last decades, where as a Reebok Premier barely lasts a few light washes before it's riddled with pulls and snaps, and the shoulder pads have faded.

More money up front, but less in the long run.

Agreed, the premiers are absolute garbage. The one that I did own had snags and pulls in it after wearing it once.

Luckily it was a Kovalchuk and I got rid of it soon after he defected back to Russia.

Agreed, the premiers are absolute garbage. The one that I did own had snags and pulls in it after wearing it once.

Luckily it was a Kovalchuk and I got rid of it soon after he defected back to Russia.

It's a shame because the CCM replicas right before the switch to Premiers were pretty good.

It's a shame because the CCM replicas right before the switch to Premiers were pretty good.

Yes they were. They should have just made the Premier cut in the old material. Its not like they are EDGE material anyway.

FYI, NHL and AHL teams pay more for their jerseys than what you've listed above. ECHL teams using the 6100 pattern are cheaper.

1) A popular jersey customizing company told me a roll of EDGE material costs more than the material they make wedding gowns out of. if true, it explains why they cost more than the old 6100 did.

It's not that it is expensive fabric to have made. CCM/Reebok has the exclusive and can charge what they want.

With that said, your statement is correct.

FYI, NHL and AHL teams pay more for their jerseys than what you've listed above. ECHL teams using the 6100 pattern are cheaper.

It's not that it is expensive fabric to have made. CCM/Reebok has the exclusive and can charge what they want.

With that said, your statement is correct.

That's a valid point, if they are in fact the ones making the fabric. I have no idea if they make it or if they purchase it. I would have to assume you are correct, otherwise it would be available elsewhere.

How much did the authentics and replicas cost in the 90s and the early 2000s? Also, was there a difference between different brands?

If I recall, Cosby's in MSG was selling CCM authentics in the mid-late 90's for around $150-200 already customized.