A few questions about the Edge 2.0

I called City Sports the other day and the guy was really rude when I was asking about if they had authentics and what type they were and if they were on ice. I started to ask about stitching and nameplates and it just got worse. So I'm not going to bother with using them I don't think. I got my Kane Edge 1.0 in 2009 at Triple Threat and they were great.

Edited by y2jdmbfan

i prefer triple threat to city sports personally. if you ask for edge nameplates they usually have them and will use them upon request. although, i usually bring my own nameplates.

tts is generally more friendly and personable in my experience as well.

In my experience, Triple ThreT rarely has EDGE nameplates. Always had positive experiences but the last group of three jerseys I sent them were cut correctly but the seeing was horrible, obviously a rush job that took 4 months to receive.

Switched to EPS now.

I visited Triple Threat a few times in 2009-2010 and noticed their throwback third jerseys were lettered with the wrong font--they just used the same numbers as the home/road jersey, and the tan trim color was off--so I never went back.

The thing you have to remember with City Sports is they're not as much of a store front as they are a production house, so they might not be as used to dealing with customers. That said, it's a bummer that the guy was rude, but they still do the best work in the city.

Also, in my search for an Edge 2.0 in Chicago, I've been to Gunzo's on Madison and Grandstand in Bridgeport, and neither guy I talked to had a clue what the Edge 2.0 was or that it was different than the Indo-Edge. I don't think Edge 2.0s have ever been available for sale in this city...

Edited by Chazberg

Do the Hawks use an Edge nameplate? I talked to someone at City Sports today and this person was much better. I am thinking about just getting the blank jersey, finals patch, and nameplate and taking it to City Sports. They are quoting 3 weeks right now, but it might be sooner. They are finishing a big order from the Bulls right now apparently.

OK all you new guys. Welcome and nice to have more Hawks fans here. EPS is the one place that will consistently provide edge material nameplates whenever you ask for them. Their turnaround time can be a bit long, but if you send them a blank Hawks they can normally do that pretty quick and their work is great quality. If anybody is looking for Hawks 2.0s I have 2 red 54s for sale in my sales thread. As for the gamers, most I have seen use the edge nameplate. My two reds, Winter Classic, and Stadium Series gamers all use edge material nameplates, but I do have a white gamer with an air knit nameplate.

Here is my Hawks collection if you guys are looking for ideas for older jerseys. I know the font on a couple is slightly off (Burish alt). Included in my collection should be every on ice patch they have worn since 1991. Only caveat is I only bothered to do one of the hockey fights cancer.

Enjoy.

http://s1213.photobucket.com/user/beckste/library/Hockey%20Jerseys/NHL%20Hockey%20Jerseys/Chicago%20Blackhawks%20Jerseys

In my experience, Triple ThreT rarely has EDGE nameplates. Always had positive experiences but the last group of three jerseys I sent them were cut correctly but the seeing was horrible, obviously a rush job that took 4 months to receive.

Switched to EPS now.

yeah, the last batch i took in there took an unusually long time to get back as well. thankfully they were without issue though (although i have talked with them at length in there and took one back once because something wasn't quite right, so i kinda feel like they make sure mine are right so they don't have to hear me b!tch, lol). sorry to hear you got a poor batch from them...

yeah, the last batch i took in there took an unusually long time to get back as well. thankfully they were without issue though (although i have talked with them at length in there and took one back once because something wasn't quite right, so i kinda feel like they make sure mine are right so they don't have to hear me ######, lol). sorry to hear you got a poor batch from them...

Yeah they were bad, poorly stitched, loose threads, those long threads that go from one side of the number across its surface to the other side. Total rush job despite having had them for 4 months.

Since most of what I do is Devils, and EPS does the Devils on-ice jerseys, so it only makes sense that I use them.