Senators jersey lettering

Does anyone know who does the Senators on-ice jersey customization? I'm wanting to pick up a jersey in the near future and after reading the discussion about Jersey Baron's customization I'm feeling trepidatious about paying all that money to have him do it and possibly not being 100% happy with it.

Thanks in advance folks.

Problem is, we don't know. The Senators team store knows who does, but they won't share s*** with us. Methinks it's a place in Ontario, but it's a big province.

There was also a member who had the team store send out his heritage classic shirt, only to get it back with a purposely incorrect number font, with justification that "we want the game shirts to be special".

This won't be much help but I snagged a blank 2.0 Heritage Classic jersey and contacted the Senators about who did the lettering so I could get it customized. They wouldn't tell me who did it and I think others have stated that they won't share the info with anyone. I then asked if I could send them the jersey and they could get it customized for me. He wanted to charge close to $150 (not including shipping) for me to do this and even told me that they would not do the lettering 100% accurate as they wanted the gamers to be rare and collectible.

I had a heritage classic 2.0 jersey I sent them and it came out perfect. I told them I wanted it done to team specs. Cost me 100 I believe and they sent a free heritage classic scarf when they shipped it back to me. They paid return shipping also. All numbers and lettering are spot on right down to the right nameplate

Edited by iceman91

There was also a member who had the team store send out his heritage classic shirt, only to get it back with a purposely incorrect number font, with justification that "we want the game shirts to be special".

Wow, that's about the snobbiest thing I've ever heard. And the funny thing is that they use suck a chunky generic block look, with the Sharks' name font. The Heritage Classic is the one I was looking at, too. Maybe I'll just go with JB's already-customized Karlsson. The images look pretty spot-on, but I am wary of his work after reading that thread about it.

Iceman, you didn't have any issues with them like the other two guys mentioned?

Edited by Chazberg

No not all they were great. I have a karlsson also. BJ'S custmization is close. I'll post pic's when I get a chance

The Heritage Classic is the one I was looking at, too. Maybe I'll just go with JB's already-customized Karlsson. The images look pretty spot-on, but I am wary of his work after reading that thread about it.

Look at the difference in customization between JB's Premier Heritage Classic (which I assume is factory-customized?), and the Edge 2.0. The Premier actually looks better! The Premier is not 100% accurate, but look how much worse the Edge shoulder numbers are- the red layer is too thick, and the hole and notch in the 6 are almost completely filled in with red! The back numbers are too thick, so the holes are too small. Doesn't look terribly accurate to me...

image_zpsf334cb2d.jpgimage_zps71effeee.jpg

Edited by LAK74

Problem is, we don't know. The Senators team store knows who does, but they won't share s*** with us. Methinks it's a place in Ontario, but it's a big province.

That was me. The Sens store was anything but honest upfront but they did correct the issue for me.

These comparisons are interesting, because in all honesty it seems like JB's customization should be correct--most teams use a separate number style for the sleeves, featuring thicker trim and filled-in holes (think Blackhawks), not just an exact scaled-down version of the back number, as the gamer appears to have.

I like the looks of JB's jersey better, but knowing how the gamers looked, it will make my decision more difficult.

These comparisons are interesting, because in all honesty it seems like JB's customization should be correct--most teams use a separate number style for the sleeves, featuring thicker trim and filled-in holes (think Blackhawks), not just an exact scaled-down version of the back number, as the gamer appears to have.

I like the looks of JB's jersey better, but knowing how the gamers looked, it will make my decision more difficult.

Back font is wrong as well though.

Look at the spacing in the bottom of the 5 on the Karlsson jersey. I'm not sure if the numbers are longer or what, but they are very different.

It's frustrating, because I'd probably consider eventually buying an authentic, but I don't want to buy a blank because it might be a hassle to ever get done up, and I don't want to put what to me is big money into a customized authentic from the Senators shop only to find out that the font is deliberately incorrect.

Edited by hockeyjerseyssuck

Have people had this same issue with getting an Ottawa regular third customized? Because it's identical customization, save for the color of the name and sleeve numbers.

Have people had this same issue with getting an Ottawa regular third customized? Because it's identical customization, save for the color of the name and sleeve numbers.

The fonts are different. The issue is they are supposedly putting what looks to be the third jersey font on to authentic Heritage Classic jersey.

Here is a comparison.

65b_8bf8538d-4a75-4f67-8355-8970e7179a32

65b_724b2cb7-1965-4c3d-9cf3-6684a32f0c69

It is a bit hard to tell, and even the white on black vs black on white could make it seem different

The bottom one's name seems longer as it extends past the width of the 65, so it would make sense that its font might be a bit less condensed, but then the letters also seem to have more room between them lol

Does anyone else dislike that name font? It's similar to what San Jose uses, and it is so chunky and amateurish to me. It looks like what Starter used on its old NFL replicas in the 90s, or what you'd see on a little league uniform. It should be called "Junior High Block".