EPS stripping

iceman91

Has anyone had a jersey stripped by them? I've tried it once myself and I'm no good at it. I don't want to ruin another jersey.

Can't answer your question on EPS, but it probably isn't your ineptitude that made your strip attempt a fail. I've stripped more jerseys than I can remember. And believe me when I say that each strip is a different monster. Some come off clean as a whistle and just need a spin in the washer. Others are F(&^*** brutal and leave behind ink shadows from the twill as well as glue.

I had them strip a white Devils EDGE jersey a couple months ago, and they did it perfectly. Not a single trace.

I did, however, pick a longer name and a similar number (33 became 35). But it's still impossible to tell it was ever stripped.

I enjoy stripping jerseys, I love the challenge and the satisfaction from the completed job.

I have considered doing it as a side buisness but am sticking to doing my own for now.

What kind of jersey is it, I know there is a link in the "How to" section of the board that was very helpful to me. Try and read everything so you are educated.

Air Knit is harder to strip but the application is what makes most strip jobs tough, if they used a a lot of glue or if it is triple layered and triple stitched.

Just keep in mind that you don't want to rush it, take breaks.

I recently stripped an easy one and it took 3 sittings, I found out the hard way that rushing it only ends up in snags or small holes from a seam ripper slip.

If you post pics I'm sure many here can chime in and help you with questions.

Edited by Hockey Bob

Haven't bought it yet that's whats stopping me. Its colorado avalanche authentic koho away. I want to strip it and make it a forsberg.

They don't particularly enjoy stripping them, so they'll charge you a good bit to do it. That's not really what they're in business for and they'll tell you as much.

I like stripping them but I hate cleaning them so I'll usually just strip my jersey and have them clean it up, and they'll charge me a nominal fee for that. If you have them strip a jersey and then customize it, it'll probably close you nearly $100 though. If time and money are not an object to you, then go ahead and have them strip it though.

I had them strip a jersey but I didn't want them to re-customize it. They didn't like that very much but they did it anyway. It came out great I must say.

They don't particularly enjoy stripping them, so they'll charge you a good bit to do it. That's not really what they're in business for and they'll tell you as much.

I like stripping them but I hate cleaning them so I'll usually just strip my jersey and have them clean it up, and they'll charge me a nominal fee for that. If you have them strip a jersey and then customize it, it'll probably close you nearly $100 though. If time and money are not an object to you, then go ahead and have them strip it though.

Yes, the strip/recustomize job on my Devils jersey cost about $100. It would have been $65 for just the customizing, and I found the stripping/cleaning was worth $35 to not have the aggravation. Granted, I was only doing it once. I imagine a lot of guys on this website do this stuff all the time, and throwing in an extra $35 each time could get pricy.

I just want them to strip it. I wanted to send it to Denver athletic for customization. I might try stripping it and just take my time.

I stripped a poorly sewn SC Patch and I could see how people enjoy it. It's one of those things like polishing your dress shoes, or knitting if you are a grandma. Kind of tedious but relaxing.

Personally, I havent got the time to sit down and focus on it, I would end up trying to do it while lie watching a game or something and poking holes where holes should not be.

Can't answer your question on EPS, but it probably isn't your ineptitude that made your strip attempt a fail. I've stripped more jerseys than I can remember. And believe me when I say that each strip is a different monster. Some come off clean as a whistle and just need a spin in the washer. Others are F(&^*** brutal and leave behind ink shadows from the twill as well as glue.

This - I've had more come clean than not over the years. The hardest ones are white ultrafil. Odds are pretty good that if you stripped it and it didn't work out then EPS probably would't have had that much better success at it. Stripping isn't rocket science.

• 3 weeks later...

This - I've had more come clean than not over the years. The hardest ones are white ultrafil. Odds are pretty good that if you stripped it and it didn't work out then EPS probably would't have had that much better success at it. Stripping isn't rocket science.

That's what she said

Sorry - just came across this now and I couldn't resist. Back to your regularly scheduled day.

I've had them strip a Black Capitals Authentic for me because the lettering was completely off. I usually strip my own jerseys but this one used a pretty tough glue on the jersey numbers and I just didn't have the expertise on how to remove the numbers. I did remove all the stitching thread for them so all they needed to do was figure out how to remove the glued on numbers. It was returned to me in awesome shape. Not a trace of the old numbering.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had them strip several jerseys over time and each one has turned out great. We've never had to resort to a #88 to cover up an old mess and I give them a full recommendation.

That said, I'm not bad at it myself and will often take care of what needs to be done to save myself the cash, but other times it's just too big of a job and it's worth it to me not to have to deal with it, such as three color numbers all sewn through the jersey separately. I'll just throw money at the problem in that case to make it go away.

• 1 month later...

Looking to get a NFL jersey stripped, EPS won't touch individual orders for any NFL jersey wether customizing or stripping as they have a deal with NFL and NFLPA where they can only receive jerseys from NIKE directly.

So anyone know another good place that will strip a jersey (NFL) ? Has anyone done one themselves and I presume just the same as doing NHL jerseys? Thanks