Jersey Foul: wearing a team that doesn't play to a live game?

Calciomania

Just about every game I've gone to (no matter what arena) I've seen at least one dude wearing a Nordiques jersey. So, not only the wrong team, but a team that doesn't even exist anymore. In fact, when I saw the Flyers play the Senators in Ottawa, there were a ton of Nordiques fans there and they all stood up and cheered in the middle of the game at the 18-minute mark of every period. This was back in 2013 (18 years since they moved the team to Colorado). I thought it was kinda cool.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it makes you happy, that wouldn't happen anymore. MSG is a soulless building overrun by suits now.

I'm also not ten anymore. You'd have to be pretty brave to make that threat to me now!!

I haven't been to MSG in many years, I can barely get to the Rock between my schedule and the cost of tickets, etc. I'll stick to my home arena.

Just look at the traveling Jagrs. At most 2 of them are wearing a jersey of team playing! Wear whatever makes you happy. I hate when other people try to dictate "rules" of what others can and can't wear.

There are many people who only own 1 jersey. If it is a hockey jersey and they go to a hockey game, I personally have no issue with it as they are still wearing the proper sport at least. Now when you wear a hockey jersey to a baseball game or something like that, then that would be a no-go for me.

Just about every game I've gone to (no matter what arena) I've seen at least one dude wearing a Nordiques jersey. So, not only the wrong team, but a team that doesn't even exist anymore. In fact, when I saw the Flyers play the Senators in Ottawa, there were a ton of Nordiques fans there and they all stood up and cheered in the middle of the game at the 18-minute mark of every period. This was back in 2013 (18 years since they moved the team to Colorado). I thought it was kinda cool.

Motive - been happening for a while now 'cause they're lobbying the league to regain a team in Quebec.

Love how they all head down to the glass at the end -

https://youtu.be/cdWD7v0SefY

Just look at the traveling Jagrs. At most 2 of them are wearing a jersey of team playing! Wear whatever makes you happy. I hate when other people try to dictate "rules" of what others can and can't wear.

Motive - Jagr's playing, lol.

It's not about "rules" of what others can and can't wear. Yes, wear whatever makes you happy, but don't hate when the scoreboard folks in Dallas hit a home run by pointing out you look like a tool :D

Loads of people in the UK do it. NHL jerseys at the Elite and EPL games all the time. Even saw an Albany River Rats once in Deeside. I'm personally not a fan, I'm looking to watch Toronto in April. I'd consider taking a Manchester Phoenix jersey there, I'd also take a Leafs jersey, most likely a Komarov.

Motive - been happening for a while now 'cause they're lobbying the league to regain a team in Quebec.

Love how they all head down to the glass at the end -

https://youtu.be/cdWD7v0SefY

Yup, I had heard that. Definitely cool.

As long as you aren't specifically doing it to be a troll, I could care less.

Of course, when I was wearing a Devils jersey the other day and there was a kid collecting money for his soccer team and he yelled Let's Go Rangers at me, I then refused to give him a donation. So my standards may be different.

I did this 2 weeks ago. I wore a Sharks jersey to a Sharks game recently and the team never bothered to show up for the game.

It's good to have Guam back.