Mighty Ducks - did they make NIKE Ultrafil jerseys?

Asked this in another thread, but didn't get an answer, so probably was in the wrong place...

When wearing Nike, did the Mighty Ducks wear only air knit in their home (white) jerseys? I tried to do some research and managed to find that all Nike road jerseys were air knit and definitely 1997-98 and 1998-99 home jerseys as well, but for the 1996-97 I'm not sure. It did look like they might be ultrafil… Did Nike even make ultrafil jerseys?

Help is appreciated!

When you think that you know it all… :P Did they have a little ® next to the NHL shield in those Nike ultrafils? Looking at a jersey in ebay and a game worn jersey that I suspected to be a ultrafil, it looks like to be the case.

What could be the reason that they had different material home and away jerseys? Same goes with the Pens and their Starter jerseys. Could the Nike ultrafils be CCM leftovers or does Nike and CCM ultrafil differ some how?

Would you mind posting a link to the gamer? I'd like to see that.

Thanks for the link. The photo resolution though, is so poor that I don't think you would be able to tell either way. Or at least I can't.

Edited by LAK74

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANAHEIM-MIGHTY-DUCKS-CENTER-ICE-HOCKEY-JERSEY-SIZE-52-SEWN-NIKE-FIGHT-STRAP-/311186821485?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item48742e116d&nma=true&si=RK40gUGGFaXegY6ilfRewcRLfOk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Here's the ebay jersey. You can't tell if it's a ®, © or a ™ (I just suspected that it would be a ®), but there's definitely something and the jerseys does look real to me.

The question is, did Bauer make that knit for Nike, or is it by Sport Maska?

SP made all Nike and Bauer jerseys in that timeframe.

I thought it was Bauer that made the material for the re-branding (SP, Pro Player, Nike). I guess it's moot either way, but I'm curious to see closer pictures to be able to do a side-by-side of that knit vs the CCM ultrafil knit.

Nope, SP made all of those jerseys, authentic and replica. In the 2000-01 season, AHL and IHL jerseys switched from Bauer branding to SP. Other than that they were exactly the same. SP used to buy adds in minor league team's programs and they stated that they were the company that always manufactured the jerseys. I believe that they made Bauer/Nike jerseys from around 1993 until 2000.

I've always seen the SP material referred to as 'Flo-Knit', although none of the tags in any of the Bauer/Nike/Pro Player jerseys I own back that up, they just list polyester as the main component.

As Brilliant! says it results in a very heavyweight jersey, especially when held up against 6100 airknit. For me it's the best jersey material out there.

I did a bit of searching, and Rabinsurance is on point. I found this PDF catalog: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v5za1h6n4h1ai0f/Cat%20SP%202013.pdf

Page 4 has the materials they use for pro and replica jerseys. The "ultrafil" they use is called Double Knit. Their "air-knit" is called Flo-Knit.

I have some of their samples (SP) at the office if you want me to take pics.

Ultrafil has always been doubleknit polyester. It was just Maska/CCM/Reebok's name for it, just like Nike's "DriFit" is nothing more than lightweight microfiber polyester.

Edited by JunkyardAthletic

I have some of their samples (SP) at the office if you want me to take pics.

Ultrafil has always been doubleknit polyester. It was just Maska/CCM/Reebok's name for it, just like Nike's "DriFit" is nothing more than lightweight microfiber polyester.

When you mentioned that, this immediately came to mind and i laughed so hard, my morning coffee came out my nose.

43439134163770-vi.jpg

How I'm feeling in this thread:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=71GWS3ccmvI

But in all seriousness, it's nice to be learning. As for the samples of the materials, pictures of different materials would be good for reference in the "How to" sections. Also, never heard of "DriFit", unless it's that new rain-coat material they've been using for the Olympics.

The "trash bag" Swift material is not the Dri-FIT.

How I'm feeling in this thread:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=71GWS3ccmvI

But in all seriousness, it's nice to be learning. As for the samples of the materials, pictures of different materials would be good for reference in the "How to" sections. Also, never heard of "DriFit", unless it's that new rain-coat material they've been using for the Olympics.

Dri-fit is Nike's answer to the Under Armour type moisture wicking material. Mostly used on tee shirts.

http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/c/running/drifit-knit

The link you provided is incorrect. That is the blended fabrics and the nylon that they are terming Dri-FIT Knit, which is far different than their original Dri-FIT product, found here.

Detailed photos...10802034_370349013138592_800274288715392

10295680_370349009805259_335038338967061

10007431_370348993138594_166220001660698

Edited by JunkyardAthletic

• 2 months later...