Certificates with authentic jerseys

PotatoPhun

Hi again.

I was talking to a friend of mine about authentic jerseys. She doesn't believe that any of my jerseys are authentic since I told her I never received a certificate for them. She then mentioned that her authentic Kane jersey that she purchased from the United Center around 2008-10 (she didn't remember exactly when she got it) came with a framed certificate that was printed on actual parchment paper. I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of anything like this? I wasn't aware that authentic jerseys purchased from stadiums came with official documents like that.

I'm not sure if it was a game worn. My friend doesn't seem to think it was since it was seemingly brand new.

Ask her if you can see the certificate again. Should tell you the story. Maybe it was game issued?

I was thinking it was team issued since she said that the Reebook tag isn't on the inside like it should be with authentics, but I wasn't sure if team issued ones would get certificates.

Thanks! Good to know that. Asking my friend more about it, all the certifcate says is that it's an authentic jersey. It didn't specifically say anything about team issued. It also has a number assigned to it which is included somewhere on the jersey as well. The certificate is also signed by Patrick Kane.