Authentic Jerseys - Price question and where to buy?

scarchelli

When you're new at this and are trying out a customizer you are not familiar with, you have no idea at all what your customization will look like until you get it back. Sometimes you are not gonna like what you see. If you read through many posts here by experienced members, you will see the same recommendation given over and over again- "use the team customizer whenever possible." This is not to say that other customizers cannot do a decent job, but my point is it's always a gamble. Saving a few bucks by going to someone cheaper, whose work you're not familiar with can often lead to a lot of heartache that just wasn't worth what you supposedly saved. Hope you catch my drift here.

I do indeed. Thank you both again on the much helpful insight. When i do finally order, i will almost definitely get a blank from ij and send it to csl to get customized. Last year i ordered a cheap knock off of an authentic off ebay. Big mistake. Oh well. This past spring i got a red toews premier from the store and up until now, i want an authentic instead of it lol. Just the other day i got a kane winter classic premier, but i left the tags on and havent worn it incase i wanna snag that pricey authentic from jb on ebay. But he told me a customized jersey would obviously take weeks so having it by the game is out, so in that case i almost want to just keep the premier i got. Then when i have the funds, ill order a blank red authentic to phase out my red toews premier. Then down the road, maybe the hawks will introduce the wc jersey as a third jersey and ill have motivation to buy an authentic of that.

I do indeed. Thank you both again on the much helpful insight. When i do finally order, i will almost definitely get a blank from ij and send it to csl to get customized. Last year i ordered a cheap knock off of an authentic off ebay. Big mistake. Oh well. This past spring i got a red toews premier from the store and up until now, i want an authentic instead of it lol. Just the other day i got a kane winter classic premier, but i left the tags on and havent worn it incase i wanna snag that pricey authentic from jb on ebay. But he told me a customized jersey would obviously take weeks so having it by the game is out, so in that case i almost want to just keep the premier i got. Then when i have the funds, ill order a blank red authentic to phase out my red toews premier. Then down the road, maybe the hawks will introduce the wc jersey as a third jersey and ill have motivation to buy an authentic of that.

Hang out here long enough and soon you'll find your "motivation" to buy jerseys has increased exponentially.

It's not likely they'll make this year's WC an alternate. As a lot of people mentioned, the odd placement of the Tomahawks on the elbows is not a very functional design. They would be ripped to shreds in a matter of a few games. But you might as well get it at some point for collector's value ;) It's going to be rare to find in a few years, and if you get it now, you'll probably be happy that you got it while you still could.

Hang out here long enough and soon you'll find your "motivation" to buy jerseys has increased exponentially.

haha im afraid of that.

It's not likely they'll make this year's WC an alternate. As a lot of people mentioned, the odd placement of the Tomahawks on the elbows is not a very functional design. They would be ripped to shreds in a matter of a few games. But you might as well get it at some point for collector's value ;) It's going to be rare to find in a few years, and if you get it now, you'll probably be happy that you got it while you still could.

sounds good. I kinda want someone else to get some authentics in that dont cost $375 (blank). And yes, that does make sense about the third jersey unlikeliness.

Just to warn you, you might not want to hold your breath on that. WC authentics were supposedly not to be for retail, but JB does magic and always somehow gets jerseys that no one else has. His steep prices might be your only option if you want a WC authentic.

Another thing is that with the game only about 2 weeks away, any dealer interested in selling them would have gotten their order in early and would be selling them by now. Dealers want to cash in on the interest generated by a special sporting event, but don't want to be stuck with leftover merchandise once the event has passed and interest subsides. I'd be surprised if any other dealer starts to sell authentics. Even JB himself might be wary about restocking on these due to the number of Leafs WC's he still has and can't seem to unload.

Ah, makes sense. So did the same thing happen last year with the leafs and wings jerseys? Did only jb get those too?

I was just looking at my winter classic premier thinking how much i would like an authentic but i want one for the game (not blank) so i guess ill keep this premier and get the authentic later and not worry about how long it takes to get made.

I wonder how difficult it would be to sell my red toews premier as well, so i can buy an authentic of that now.

There were quite a few dealers besides JB that sold WC 2.0's last year.

Did they get them well before the game? Like you said, its 2 weeks away now so other dealers getting them now is unlikely, but how about the wc jerseys last year?

I actually can't remember how early they got them, but for sure people bought them in plenty of time for the game. One thing to consider though, is that last year's WC had been planned for the season before but got cancelled due to the lockout. Reebok may have had a lot of jerseys already made before last season even started.

Thats true, i forgot. Well i look forward to getting into the authentic scene soon. First up, an authentic toews/kane, havent decided yet.

But more importantly, thanks for putting up with my newbness and not being a jerk to me cause youre a kings fan and im a hawks fan, haha. Potatophun, whats that jersey in your sig? A reebok vector id guess?

It's just a jersey I'd like. I would really like to get a jersey done with a 2010 SCF patch, and the Hawks wore the Edge vector jersey then (the one with the Reebok logo on the back rather than the word mark). And of course in size 46 lol.

Also, my suggestion would be a Toews jersey. The captain's C looks really nice on a Hawks jersey :D

Edited by PotatoPhun

Hawks and Kings are tearing this thread up; might as well throw in a Blues fan :D

Anyway, Scarchelli, if you haven't already done so I would message JB on ebay and specifically ask him if that nameplate matches the Hawks jerseys. He will get back to you very quickly, I know from experience.

If it is a match you're golden and have probably passed the hardest part of getting your jersey authentically customized. And please listen to LAK74 and along with a host of others here. They will teach you so much.

the nameplates jb sells match the 'hawks red. :thumbsup:

i would echo what others have posted above regarding the wc jersey. if he restocks 'em, i would jump on one because he is likely the only one that will have 'em, imo. last years excess of jerseys is most likely due to the extra year break with the lockout (as lak74 wisely noted). i have handled a few of the premiers and i paid particular attention at the game the other night to those wearing them and i can tell you the authentic looks even better.

Its pretty crazy what ive learned just today since posting this thread. Theres a guy on reddit (coolhockey) whos site by the same name is offering 50% off customization through next month. Although, i dont know if i trust half off a customization. Im leaning toward ordering a blank from here and sending it to csl for customization (whether i get a 2.0 or indo is yet to be decided, i will see them both first at a store near me). I havent called back yet about the edge nameplate thing yet since i am not ordering any time soon.

Just to give my two cents here....

You do indeed get what you pay for when you take a jersey in for customization, when it comes to Hawks or any jersey I would stick with your big guys, EPS or TTS. City Sports is fine for Blackhawks, I've never used them for anything else but there's just something about the place I don't really care for. EPS takes forever and if they screw something up they'll turn it around and blame you for the mistake, they're like the soup of jerseys and after a few bad experiences I'd personally never bother with them again. TTS has always been good to me and I've become really good friends with the owner over the years after spending numerous hours in his store and warehouse. You'll get great work from any of these options, but to me it's about how they handle something when you aren't happy with it and TTS has always come out on top there.

The nameplate thing is always an impossible discussion. TTS rarely to never has Edge nameplates, CSL will generally have them around the time they're doing Hawks jerseys for the season but they also generally up charge if you request it. I'm not sure what EPS has these days but they used to stock them. I've found it's cheaper to buy them yourself and just bring them in with the jersey, there's no question that way to if you are or are not getting the right nameplate.

Going all the way back to your initial post - never pay full retail price for any jersey, there's deals to be had out there with enough patience. The indo edge to me feel like they are a lot better than the 1.0 edge jerseys, I was lucky and was able to get a load of 2.0's for my collection, I've been out of the buying scene for the last year or so and I'm not sure what their availability is via retail these days but if that is an option that's the best it will get these days.

I personally like Icejersey's customization jobs, but I'd say go with the team customizer whenever possible with an authentic. I'd do exactly what these guys are saying buy a blank from IJ or another source, buy a name plate from probably JB or another source, then give it to CSL and pay the $70, which is pretty reasonable. It's more work, but in the end it is worth it.