Vinyl printing question - NHL?

StayFrosty

I'm the guy who posted pictures of his custom made jersey of his favorite band (<<<<) in the show and tell section.

All the printing and numbers on it are made from vinyl print. In a way it does feel and look cheap in ways, but it still looks good enough to me that I like it the way it is. The vinyl also feels quite durable and wrinkles come out after a quick toss in the dryer, but that's not usually needed anyway.

I know I could get a better jersey done up more NHL-like with patches and tackle-twill embroidery, I'm just not sure it's necessary. I also don't know if I have an opinion at this point.

But this makes me interested in the NHL's history in using vinyl print? What is their history in this besides some modern replicas (premier)?

For those who haven't seen the jersey I got made, the main crest is basically a detailed human face. I'm not sure how else this could be done up except with some likely vinyl press print or something? Any ideas?

Thanks as usual.

I believe old pens jerseys (late 80s early 90s) were vinyl, may be wrong maybe someone else could confirm but I could have sworn I saw a gamer from that era that was NOT twill

Nords '80-91 (and previously in WHA), Penguins '80-88, Blues '85-87.

Not to hijack another thread, but all of this info will be available to you early 2015 (just figuring out the logistics and crap)

PittsburghPenguinsopenbook-vi.jpg

Not to hijack another thread, but all of this info will be available to you early 2015 (just figuring out the logistics and crap)

Make it happen already! LOL

Edited by slimcutta

Any ideas on a rough price? 15$ vs 50$

Edited by slimcutta

Make it happen already! LOL

I'm trying...it's insane how many hoops I'm having to jump through.

Any ideas on a rough price? 15$ vs 50$

Nope, no idea. Supply and demand, right?

Looking at sponsorship, toying with the idea of kickstarting it, but if this all comes outta my pocket, likely not $15, lol.

How much for an autographed copy? :P

Likely less than a non-auto'd copy; my chicken scratch ain't worth much.

Back on topic, I think some Nordiques were vinyl, no?

Looking forward to being able to buy a copy! Would be happy to support via Kickstarter if you go that root.

Edited by same0717

I need to kickstart my lawyer, ha!

I'm thinking I might just do that, but waiting on other stuff first.

Really hate to tease, and trust me, I'm just as excited to get this out there....soon...very soon :D

I need to kickstart my lawyer, ha!

I'm thinking I might just do that, but waiting on other stuff first.

Really hate to tease, and trust me, I'm just as excited to get this out there....soon...very soon :D

You should take five dollar donations from anyone of us that wants to give just so you can get the first printing done. Then you could individually include all of us in a special thank you section at the end of the book.

You should take five dollar donations from anyone of us that wants to give just so you can get the first printing done. Then you could individually include all of us in a special thank you section at the end of the book.

It's most likely more than $5 each.