Customization cost

I have a Bruins jersey I want to customize with Bourque 77. I learned from the forum that Custom Crafted does the Bruins jerseys so I contacted them. They quoted me a price of $120 not including shipping. Yes, it's a lot of stitching with three-lettered numbers, name and a C, and they'll provide the correct material nameplate, but is this a reasonable price or would I be paying a premium for getting it done by the people who do the bruins jerseys?

Is that reasonable? Hell no it's not reasonable but it's the price you have to pay if you want it done correctly. You can get it done elsewhere for half that price but it won't be right so you have to ask yourself is it worth paying double for perfection?

Custom crafted charged $135 to do my Bruins Winter Classic. I couldn't be happier with the work done, but they took forever and gave me the runaround for months as to when they would finish it.

$135?? And I thought Gerry Cosby was expensive...

$135?? And I thought Gerry Cosby was expensive...

Exactly. And CC only takes money orders. I was furious until they finally sent my completed jersey back to me.

If i was lettering a jersey using my material I'd charge around 70-75 just cause of all the layere

I thought you just started sewing a couple months ago.

How much do you think Custom Crafted would charge just for a kit?

They don't sell loose kits.

Thanks. (That's what I was eluding to)

I know the cost was expensive, but if you think I'd take a chance at having anyone else customizing such a rare jersey, you'd be crazy. I even sent them an edge nameplate because I saw them use Ultrafil on someone else's Bruins Winter classic jersey, and it looked absolutely atrocious.

I even sent them an edge nameplate because I saw them use Ultrafil on someone else's Bruins Winter classic jersey, and it looked absolutely atrocious.

Ok, so this brings up another point. How much instruction do I need to provide regarding the customization? CC does the customization for the bruins, so do I assume they're going to do it right? I confirmed they will use a nameplate with the correct material, but do I need to specify 3-layered numbers or provide a picture? This is my first customization so I appreciate any advice.

Thanks.

Edited by LAK79

I even sent them an edge nameplate because I saw them use Ultrafil on someone else's Bruins Winter classic jersey, and it looked absolutely atrocious.

And it's currently on eBay. Edited by thebiggoalie

Ok, so this brings up another point. How much instruction do I need to provide regarding the customization? CC does the customization for the bruins, so do I assume they're going to do it right? I confirmed they will use a nameplate with the correct material, but do I need to specify 3-layered numbers or provide a picture? This is my first customization so I appreciate any advice.

Thanks.

i have the same question except with my hawks jersey at city sports lettering. They are the official hawks customizer so do i need to provide any instruction when i drop off my jersey? Like how the middle arm of the "e" in toews should be short, etc. I know to specify edge nameplate, but anything else?

• 1 year later...