Do you use repro patches?

Will you use repro patches to customize authentic jerseys? Would a customization with a repro patch ever prevent you from buying a jersey?

A lot of you out there seem VERY detail oriented and particular about your gear and I'm really interested to hear your opinions on this aspect of customization.

Newer patches are usually sold to the public, so you can often pick one up at the arena/online pretty easily. For the older ones you often have to make do with a repro, the 1994 Cup Finals patch being a good example.

Yes, I use repos all the time. Won't prevent me from buying a jersey. Lots of older patches are impossible to get unless you get a repo

I don't see an issue with using them. They are technically bootlegs, but ironically their target audience are fans that spend 1000's on authentic officially licensed jerseys and would gladly pay for officially licensed patches if the teams and the NHL chose to produce them.

For replica jerseys, I don't have a problem. Even if the patches are slightly off. I could see how some people might avoid using them on authentic jerseys if they don't feel they look close enough, but at the end of the day, if you want that specific player/year where the patch was worn, you're usually stuck with using what you can get.

I don't see an issue with using them. They are technically bootlegs, but ironically their target audience are fans that spend 1000's on authentic officially licensed jerseys and would gladly pay for officially licensed patches if the teams and the NHL chose to produce them.

For replica jerseys, I don't have a problem. Even if the patches are slightly off. I could see how some people might avoid using them on authentic jerseys if they don't feel they look close enough, but at the end of the day, if you want that specific player/year where the patch was worn, you're usually stuck with using what you can get.

For me it'd depend on the jersey. Most of the jerseys I get are just retail Authentics, $100-$250 maximum, including customization. For those a repro patch is fine.

If it were a rare jersey I was spending multiple hundreds on, I might have a different opinion.

Edited by mfitz804