Need Some Help With a Philadelphia Phantoms Project

dsl135

So I just grabbed this jersey on eBay...

_57_zps8b571620.jpg

Gonna need some help with it.

From what I can tell, this is the information that I have:
- Worn during the 2005-06, 2006-07, and 2007-08 seasons
- Had a white Toyota sponsor patch

I need help determining:
- When exactly this was worn (if we can find out the game schedules, that'd be perfect)
- What the nameplate material is (and how to track down a match)?
- Was this Ruberti's or Philly Express?

My outside hope is that Giroux wore this at least once in one of the last 5 games of the season when he came over from Juniors. If not, I will still need help with what games it was worn for, so that I can pick someone else, or just re-sell it.

Edited by dsl135

What colour is the white Toyota patch? The font obviously :)

All Canadian emblem in Winnipeg might have some white with red font ones left over from the moose.

They had a green one left for my moose jersey I just sent to them.

What colour is the white Toyota patch? The font obviously :)

All Canadian emblem in Winnipeg might have some white with red font ones left over from the moose.

They had a green one left for my moose jersey I just sent to them.

White with black font. 3" x 4" patch

I am almost positive I photographed the Phantoms in this jersey. I also shot Giroux's first game with the team. My album from that period is in storage so I'd have to go through lots of photo discs to be sure. I don't remember Giroux wearing this jersey though. It might take a while but I'll let you know what I come up with.

Definitely a fun project so far.

Looks like it may have also been worn in 2007-08 as well (but Giroux didn't play then).

It at least looks like Boucher wore it, so he's a nice back-up option.

• 4 months later...

Well, after a lot of research, I was finally put in touch with someone at the Phantoms who was able to confirm Giroux did NOT wear this jersey (although ironically, the Phantoms' staff guy owned the GI of Giroux's of this jersey).

I don't think I'd want to recreate a GI jersey though, so that's pretty much out. Still trying to figure out a new option or sell it?

Well, after a lot of research, I was finally put in touch with someone at the Phantoms who was able to confirm Giroux did NOT wear this jersey (although ironically, the Phantoms' staff guy owned the GI of Giroux's of this jersey).

I don't think I'd want to recreate a GI jersey though, so that's pretty much out. Still trying to figure out a new option or sell it?

Did little timmonen wear it? I think he played for the Phantoms back then - could be cool if he did haha

Did little timmonen wear it? I think he played for the Phantoms back then - could be cool if he did haha

He did. I was debating him for a while actually... especially because I have a great story with him.

When I was interning for the Flyers in 2007, I got assigned to work his autograph booth at the Carnival. Everyone kept jokingly asking him if he was going to get his brother to sign here, and he would just laugh it off. Towards the end of the day, he goes to me "Do people think I can actually tell them that he's going to sign here?" and I was like "Wait... so he's signing here?" and he laughed and was like "Don't tell anyone you heard it from me!"

He did. I was debating him for a while actually... especially because I have a great story with him.

When I was interning for the Flyers in 2007, I got assigned to work his autograph booth at the Carnival. Everyone kept jokingly asking him if he was going to get his brother to sign here, and he would just laugh it off. Towards the end of the day, he goes to me "Do people think I can actually tell them that he's going to sign here?" and I was like "Wait... so he's signing here?" and he laughed and was like "Don't tell anyone you heard it from me!"

Hahah thats awesome. Its a shame that Twitter wasn't so popular back then (or was it even created yet?) because you could have been the man. You could have taken over Panotch's job. Timmeh.

That's awesome, I would do him. There are a couple other random players I myself would consider throwing on there.

I was looking to the same but after some looking into G man did not ware that style of jersey .But as you know there are a ton of other choices

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking into selling it at this point.

As cool as my Timonen story is... I'm just not sure that the jersey will be worth the likely $200+ I would have into it after customization.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this post... thats the Phantoms Alternate from the 06-07... 07-08 they like the NHL switched to a Edge design... the 05-06 versions of this had the 10th Anniversary Patch on the (I believe Left shoulder)....any players who played majority of the season had to have worn it a few times... unfortunately the AHL isn't as media friendly as the NHL and the older you go the harder it is.. LMK if theres any other help I can provide...

Just saw this post... thats the Phantoms Alternate from the 06-07... 07-08 they like the NHL switched to a Edge design... the 05-06 versions of this had the 10th Anniversary Patch on the (I believe Left shoulder)....any players who played majority of the season had to have worn it a few times... unfortunately the AHL isn't as media friendly as the NHL and the older you go the harder it is.. LMK if theres any other help I can provide...

I actually just sold it so there's no worries. But I had confirmation from the team PR guy that this was worn in 06-07 and 07-08. I don't know about the Edge thing though.

07-08 they switched to the edge design seen

here

http://theahl.com/phantoms-reveal-redesigned-jerseys-p134421

06-07 was the last year those jerseys were worn... :D

glad to see your dilemma was resolved by selling it lol

07-08 they switched to the edge design seen

here

http://theahl.com/phantoms-reveal-redesigned-jerseys-p134421

06-07 was the last year those jerseys were worn... :D

glad to see your dilemma was resolved by selling it lol

This was still their third jersey in 2007-08. Meigray even has quite a few game worn jerseys of the Phantoms from that season.

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=3974914&catLevel=1&scLevel=1&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=4208&catParentID=4377&scId=4377

:D

WOW TIL... sorry if I cam off pretentious. Definitely wasn't my intention, was just trying to lead a hand. I for one didn't know they wore that style as an ALT..