Signings

Mach_9

Tom Poti - Washington $3.25m a year.

Richard Zednik - Florida

Brett McLean - Florida

Todd White - Atlanta

Mathieu Schneider - Anaheim $5.625m a year (Neids MUST BE retiring - that's a huge overpayment).

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cory Sarich - Calgary

Daniel Briere - Philadelphia

Ryan Smyth - Colorado (no confirmation on this one yet; the others are DONE deals).

Holy Cheddar! Briere's getting $52m for 8 years, the first year pays out $10m!!!

Holy Cheddar! Briere's getting $52m for 8 years, the first year pays out $10m!!!

I am surprised that Philadelphia could go that high after the deals to Hartnell and Timonen. The deal apparantly also includes a no trade clause as TSN is saying that it has a no movement clause.

Yanic Perreault - Chicago

Supposedly Scott Gomez - Rangers.

Mathieu Schneider - Anaheim $5.625m a year (Neids MUST BE retiring - that's a huge overpayment).

If Neidermayer does not retire, how can they afford this? Sheesh.

The Flyers are just throwing money around like the old days. They are going to be solid up against the cap with zero wiggle room to do much of anything at the trade deadline. Is there something in the water in Philly? You would have thought the exit of Bobbly Clarke would have changed the intelligence level there somewhat. I don't get it.

I'm surprised Rafalski changed teams. The Devils have had a history of keeping players who have had the option of leaving, like last year when Elias stayed.

Now Colorado, there's a team that has some money to spend and Smyth would be a good way to spend it.

I wonder if Drury has recieved any offers like Briere's.

More on the Schneider signing.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212422&hubname=nhl

"Scott Niedermayer has informed me that he is leaning toward retirement," said Ducks GM Brian Burke in a team statement Sunday.

Also,

Tampa has signed Michel Ouellet...I was hoping he'd be picked up by the Coyotes... I think the Panthers did well by picking up Brett McLean. I was always impressed with the heart he played with whenever I watched him play. Enjoyable player to watch.

In addition to Gomez, Drury has also signed with the Rangers for 5 years worth 35 million.

I nearly killed myself when I heard about Gomez, but Drury sweetens the deal BIG TIME so I'll take it.

You know what? I think this makes them legitimate Stanley Cup contenders now. If the Rangers can get 30+ goals out of Gomez and Drury, 40 out of Jagr, 25 out of Shanahan and maybe 20-25 out of Prucha, Callahan and Avery, I'll be a happy boy next year.

The Islanders and Devils have really fallen apart thus far while the Rangers and Flyers improved big time. I'll say the Atlantic standings next year will be Rangers, Penguins, Flyers, Devils, Islanders with the top three getting into the playoffs.

I declare the Rangers the winners today.

Pretty agressive and surprising that they could land both of them.

Hannan - Colorado, 4 years $18 mil

Damnit. The Columbus Dispatch had picked up on the fact that the Jackets were looking at Hannan. He's not so great, but we could use any D that we can get our hands on.

ALSO!

Jason Smith and Joffery Lupul from Edmonton to Philadelphia for Joni Pitkanen, Geoff Sanderson and a third-round draft pick in 2009. Per tsn.ca

The biggest losers today were the Sabres, but they were expecting it. It appears that we can officially write off about a dozen teams now. Names withheld to protect the innocent.

The list of big name free agents is dwindling quickly after day 1.

Of ESPN's top 10 Free Agents for this season 7 of the top 10 have already signed. Only Forsberg (3), Kariya (7), and Souray (9) have yet to sign.

And the shocker of them all. Paul Kariya can now be scratched off that list of available FA's as TSN is reporting he signed a 3 year deal with the St Louis Blues. Talk about shocking news.

Hey Shandy, guess you just found another team's jersey you need to buy next season.