Signings

Mach_9

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have read that Forsberg will look at signing with the Avs, Flyers, or Predators if he comes back. I have a weird feeling he'll be back next year with the Avs. I don't know why, I just do (and no its not bias on my end).

If Forsberg signed with the Avs next year, I'd buy a Forsberg authentic in all styles available. Though it may not show anymore, since he's fallen so far from grace in the eyes of most, Forsberg is my hero. Number one on every list.

If Forsberg signed with the Avs next year, I'd buy a Forsberg authentic in all styles available. Though it may not show anymore, since he's fallen so far from grace in the eyes of most, Forsberg is my hero. Number one on every list.

He's never been anything but an Av in my eyes. I was in denial that he left for the longest time. If he does come back to the Avs, I'll be thrilled, then that means I'll get to see him play when the Avs come to town to play the Doggies. His Avalanche jersey was the first personalized Avs jersey I got.

Sykora signs with the Pens for two years. I'm curious how that one came about, I had read on the Edmonton boards he desperately wanted to stay in Edmonton. Good pickup for the Pens.

2 pretty good deals for Pittsburgh in getting Sydor and Sykora.

Nylander an Oiler. Forsberg will always be an Av in my eyes too. I almost feel that, since his fall from grace, he's under-rated, in terms of his entire career being looked at. These last years have tainted his greatness - people look on his career as a whole with less praise now. The man is legend.

Nylander an Oiler. Forsberg will always be an Av in my eyes too. I almost feel that, since his fall from grace, he's under-rated, in terms of his entire career being looked at. These last years have tainted his greatness - people look on his career as a whole with less praise now. The man is legend.

Forsberg IS one of the best players of his time. With all the punishment he takes and gives by the way he plays to still be able to go out and be the offensive threat that he is, is simply amazing. Just look at that one season he missed the entire regular season and came back in the playoffs and if I am not mistaken was one of the top scorers in the playoffs that year.

Kariya's deal. 3 years/$18 million.

St. Louis? Uh, doesn't he want to win a Stanley Cup some day? I'm once more surprised by Kariya's choice of teams. :blink:

Todays signings

Nothing as large as yesterday but here is who has signed today.

Jed Ortmeyer with Nashville

Bates Battaglia with Toronto

Lukas Krajicek re-signs with Vancouver

Preissing is a King.

Avs appear to be the overall winner in the UFA sweepstakes in my mind.

Hannan and Smyth trumps Drury and Gomez in my mind.

Briere to Phili...doesnt really do much in my mind.I think they will still underachieve.

He wont be surrounded by the same types of players as Buffalo...itll be more like Phoenix.

Bertuzzi just signed with the Ducks. Bonk and DeVries are Predators, and Robert Lang is a Blackhawk.

Kings have signed Ladislav Nagy, Michael Handzus, and Kyle Carler.

Jed Ortmeyer with Nashville

:(

Yes...there are tears. I loved Orts and I'm sad to see him go. So long and good luck buddy!

NewYorkRangerscirca20061b-vi.jpg

Well the Flames have been busy. First they sign Iginla to an extension, then they get Nolan, now they have signed Regehr to a 5 year extension. 5 years/$20 million. Good signing for the Flames, with him and Phaneuf, the Flames have a very solid blueline for a few more years.

Bertuzzi just signed with the Ducks. Bonk and DeVries are Predators, and Robert Lang is a Blackhawk.

Kings have signed Ladislav Nagy, Michael Handzus, and Kyle Carler.

The Ducks aren't letting the Stanley Cup get in the way of maintaining progress. They go out and get Schneider AND Bert! The Kings signed two ex-Coyotes in one day (kinda like signing ex-Cubs), but they're trying, at least. The Coyotes' biggest move today was hiring Dave Strader for the play-by-play. He'll join Pang in the booth. They also bought out Dave Scatchard (I was at the game where he got his season-ending concussion) and lost Owen Nolan to Calgary. I'm picking my team for a second-straight last place finish in the West. :(

The Ducks aren't letting the Stanley Cup get in the way of maintaining progress. They go out and get Schneider AND Bert! The Kings signed two ex-Coyotes in one day (kinda like signing ex-Cubs), but they're trying, at least. The Coyotes' biggest move today was hiring Dave Strader for the play-by-play. He'll join Pang in the booth. They also bought out Dave Scatchard (I was at the game where he got his season-ending concussion) and lost Owen Nolan to Calgary. I'm picking my team for a second-straight last place finish in the West. :(

All this and with the team saying they will not sign Free Agents over the age of 31, that basically leaves out all 4 of the rest of their UFA's. Could be a long winter in the desert this year. Gotta wonder if they should go after Esche to be their goalie this year, since they probably won't meed the trade demands for Bryzgalov.

As for the Sabres, Zubrus needs to be their highest priority UFA from their own team. Hope the team goes out and gets a couple to at least help out, at least they have depth in the minors to come up and step up. Though as Mach would, I am sure if Forsberg found his way to Buffalo, it would make me quite happy. Though I am not gonna hold my breath for that one.

They also bought out Dave Scatchard (I was at the game where he got his season-ending concussion) and lost Owen Nolan to Calgary. I'm picking my team for a second-straight last place finish in the West. :(

Another fun season of mediocre hockey out here in the wild west eh DesertRat? :unsure: