Signings

Mach_9

Alexei Yashin signs with a Russian Team. The deal does not include an out-clause so he is obligated to play for the Russian team this upcoming season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2943715

Also, just saw that the Aebischer deal was for only 600,000 so looks like the Coyotes didn't have to spend much to get their new starter either.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alexei Yashin signs with a Russian Team. The deal does not include an out-clause so he is obligated to play for the Russian team this upcoming season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2943715

Also, just saw that the Aebischer deal was for only 600,000 so looks like the Coyotes didn't have to spend much to get their new starter either.

I'm really not gonna miss him. I guess no one in the NHL wanted to pay him big bucks for taking nights off?

Here is some more minor news:

*Chris Simon re-signs with NYI (one year deal) LINK

*Alain Nasreddine re-signs with PIT (one year deal) LINK

*Brooks Laich starts the arbitration hearings LINK

More Signings:

*Brian Boucher signs AHL deal with the Flyers (LINK)

*Ryan Caldwell signs one year deal with Phoenix (LINK)

*Nick Schultz is signed by MIN (one year deal), thereby avoiding his arbitration hearing on 7/26 (LINK)

*UPDATE: The Chris Simon signing from earlier is one year $800,000

*TRADE NEWS*

-The Boston Bruins trade Hannu Toivonen to the St. Louis Blues for Carl Soderberg (LINK)

~I like this trade for St. Louis they may get lucky with Toivonen if he live up to his potential it's a steal. Looks like the Bruins are going with Fernandez & Thomas.

One last signing from yesterday:

-Jeff Hoggan is signed by St. Louis

*On to today's signings:

-Ray Emery avoids arbitration signing a 3 year deal worth $9.5 million with Ottawa (LINK)

-Christoph Schubert also avoids arbitration by signing a 3 year deal worth $2.65 million with Ottawa (LINK)

~New Jersey went on a signing spree, they signed the following players: (LINK)

-Cam Janssen

-Grant Marshall

-Olivier Magnan

-Jean-Luc Grand-Pierre

-Ian Moran

-Noah Clarke

Brian Boucher's legacy sure took a tumble. I remember when he had that shutout streak in 03-04. I still have the commemorative poster of that accomplishment hanging up in my garage. And now he signs with the AHL club of the franchise he started out with... :blink:

A couple signings leftover from yesterday:

-Karl Stewart re-signs with Tampa Bay one year deal

-Tomas Plihal re-signs with San Jose one year deal

*On to today's signings:

-Doug Janik re-signs with Tampa Bay one year deal, two-way contract (LINK)

-Jim Slater re-signs with Atlanta (Avoiding arbitration) two year deal worth $1.55 million (LINK)

-Brooks Laich re-signs with Washington one year deal $725,000 (Arbitrator's award that is accepted by Washington) (LINK)

-Lee Stempniak re-signs with St. Louis (Avoiding arbitration) three year deal worth $7.5 million (LINK)

-Patrick Kane becomes the second 1st rounder from '07 to sign. He signs a 3 year deal with a base salary of $875,000 and $2.85 million dollars in bonuses available each of those seasons with Chicago (LINK)

That's it until tomorrow. B)

-Patrick Kane becomes the second 1st rounder from '07 to sign. He signs a 3 year deal with a base salary of $875,000 and $2.85 million dollars in bonuses available each of those seasons with Chicago (LINK)

That's it until tomorrow. B)

I must have missed it, who was the first 07 first rounder to sign?

I must have missed it, who was the first 07 first rounder to sign?

Here you go:

7/17/07

-Thomas Hickey signs a 3 year entry deal with Los Angeles (LINK)

It appears that Peca is working on deciding between Buffalo and Toronto. I personally hope it is Toronto, other than being very good on the PK, he doesn't really bring much to the table anymore. I always thought that he had a sour taste in his mouth with Buffalo management after the way he departed but I guess not.

"I want it to happen," Peca, who lives in the Buffalo suburb of East Amherst, told The Buffalo News. "I do have a couple of options right now that are pretty exciting, but Buffalo has always been at the top of my list."

It appears that Peca is working on deciding between Buffalo and Toronto. I personally hope it is Toronto, other than being very good on the PK, he doesn't really bring much to the table anymore. I always thought that he had a sour taste in his mouth with Buffalo management after the way he departed but I guess not.

"I want it to happen," Peca, who lives in the Buffalo suburb of East Amherst, told The Buffalo News. "I do have a couple of options right now that are pretty exciting, but Buffalo has always been at the top of my list."

Peca's agent said Regier turned him down last week, I thought.

Oilers strike again, offering Dustin Penner a 5 year, $21m+ offer sheet. Wonder if Anaheim matches for Penner at more than $4m a year. Probably not worth it.

Peca's agent said Regier turned him down last week, I thought.

Oilers strike again, offering Dustin Penner a 5 year, $21m+ offer sheet. Wonder if Anaheim matches for Penner at more than $4m a year. Probably not worth it.

From TSN: Then there's the Buffalo Sabres. While GM Darcy Regier politely told Meehan he wasn't interested in Peca, rumours won't go away in Buffalo that others in the Sabres organization would love to reacquire their former captain and fan favourite in the community where Peca still calls home with his family.

''Buffalo would have been top of my list for sure had it been an option,'' said Peca. ''But I indicated (to Buffalo media) that I didn't think it would be an option. I heard from different people that there was some interest in the organization but unless the general manager calls you and says that he's interested, then there is no interest.''

As for the Penner situation -- First, second and third-round picks for Penner if Anaheim doesn't match. Tough call, figure Anaheim is gonna call Scott Niedermayer and Teemu Selanne to see if one of them can possibly make their decision within a week. That may help them decide if they want to match the offer.

Guess Lowe has decided he is gonna do something to help Edmonton. I do give Lowe credit though, even though this practice rarely happens, it is a part of the rules, and he is trying to take advantage of them, and teams may target Edmonton's RFA next season, Lowe had better work on getting them signed now so this doesn't happen to them.

A couple signings from yesterday:

-Philadelphi re-signs both Boyd Kane & Riley Cote

*Today's signings:

-Martin Gelinas signs a one year deal with Nashville worth $1.25 million (LINK)

That's it until tomorrow B)

First signing today:

-Derek Roy avoids arbitration signing a 6 year $24 million dollar deal (LINK)

Seems like a little long and too much but he is worth it if someone is willing to pay it.

First signing today:

-Derek Roy avoids arbitration signing a 6 year $24 million dollar deal (LINK)

Seems like a little long and too much but he is worth it if someone is willing to pay it.

So Buffalo has the Vanek - Roy - Afinogenov line locked up for a few more years. Not too shabby, but I think Roy was slightly overpaid, but oh well. The way I look at it is from a fan's perspective, GM's are paid a lot more money than me to make these decisions and Regeir is a good GM who knows what he is doing.

Was just reading some more on the Penner situation, looks like Lowe specifically went after a team near the salary cap to make it more difficult for them to match the offer. Due to Niedermayer still being not retired his salary is still "counting" for the upcoming season. The Ducks are currently around $48 million of the 50.3 million. Interesting tactics by Lowe.

Here are the rest of friday's signings:

-Milan Jurcina re-signs with Washington to a two year deal (LINK)

-Alexei Semenov signs a one year deal with San Jose (LINK)

-Michael Leighton signs a one year (two-way contract) with Carolina he will be paid $550,000 at the NHL level and $100,000 at the AHL level (LINK)

*That's it for today B)

Was just reading some more on the Penner situation, looks like Lowe specifically went after a team near the salary cap to make it more difficult for them to match the offer. Due to Niedermayer still being not retired his salary is still "counting" for the upcoming season. The Ducks are currently around $48 million of the 50.3 million. Interesting tactics by Lowe.

Read Brian Burke's comments... http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=214854&hubname=nhl

Sour grapes. Lowe's tactic is legal, but almost sleazy. $4.25M/year for Dustin Penner, though?? :noway:

No signings today, but one from yesterday.

-Michael Ryder avoids arbitration be signing a one year deal with Montreal worth $2.95 million (LINK)

ryder_80050.jpg

That's all for now. B)

A couple of missed signings from the weekend:

-Wade Flaherty signs as a free agent with Chicago

1570.gif

-Jim Fahey signs as a free agent with Chicago

2853.gif

-Ryan Lannon is re-signed by Pittsburgh to a one year contract.

A few leftover signings form yesterday:

-Antti Miettinen re-signs with Dallas who accepts the one year $885,000 deal awarded by the arbitrator LINK

DAL_miettinen_84666.jpg

-Oleg Saprykin signs with CSKA Moskva in Russia

1871.gif

*Finally on to today's signings:

-Jussi Markkanen signs a one year deal with Jokerit of the Finnish Elite League LINK

jussi_85858.jpg

-Nathan Paetsch avoids arbitration by signing a 3 year deal with the Buffalo Sabres LINK

paetsch_43929.jpg

-Marcel Hossa avoids arbitration by signing a one year deal with the New York Rangers worth $780,000 LINK

hossa_78072.jpg

-Chris Kelly avoids arbitration by inking a one year deal with Ottawa worth $1.2625 million LINK

OTT_kelly_65184.jpg

Until tomorrow B)

Avery is awarded $1.9m in arbitration. Rangers have everyone signed and about $1m cap-space, if Kaspar still has a cap hit. About $4m otherwise.