Sources for custom hockey jerseys

mfitz804

One of the things I have been doing is collecting jerseys from various places I have visited. One I have not been able to get is Hawaii. They have no pro or college teams. Then I thought, there must be one Hawaiian born dude to play in the NHL, I'll get his jersey. Nope, strike 2.

Now what I am doing is trying to find someone who can work with me and help me either design a custom jersey or just a custom crest that I can then attach to my own jersey. Anyone know of any websites (or even better, board members) who might be able to help?

Thanks in advance.

1. I am not sure where this jersey comes from, but perhaps the University of Hawaii has some sort of hockey team associated with it.

twitpic_244433274.jpg

2. Remember the SNL where Gretzky hosted, and he was a busboy or something in Hawaii and then he played for a team called the Coconut Kings and they just played clips of him playing for the LA Kings? Maybe you could create some sort of custom Coconut Kings Gretzky jersey based on the 1980s LA Kings design.

That's all I got.

1. I am not sure where this jersey comes from, but perhaps the University of Hawaii has some sort of hockey team associated with it.

U of Hawaii does not have a team. Those jerseys were made as a novelty and sold on eBay, but there was never a real team. I contacted the athletic department and confirmed that. If I could find one of the ones as pictured I'd buy one.

Edited by slimcutta

2. Remember the SNL where Gretzky hosted, and he was a busboy or something in Hawaii and then he played for a team called the Coconut Kings and they just played clips of him playing for the LA Kings? Maybe you could create some sort of custom Coconut Kings Gretzky jersey based on the 1980s LA Kings design.

That's all I got.

http://www.kaleo.org/sports/uh-announces-warrior-ice-hockey-team/article_c5ef6226-9a7f-11e2-812a-001a4bcf6878.html

Edited by slimcutta

Disclaimer -

Ka Hupo is not based on reality, should not be taken as fact and has been written for entertainment purposes only. The quotes, figures and other information contained within the articles are fictional. The views expressed do not reflect that of the Ka Leo staff as a whole. Nevertheless, we hope that these articles, in addition to being fun, also provoke more serious thought about the issues that affect students at the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa, the state of Hawaiʻi and the world at large.

Funny, though.

I know this because I contacted the University based on that article. They quite nicely pointed me to the fact that it was an April Fool's joke.

I went back to one of my old contacts, Dorholt Custom Sports. He is going to re-create the crest and we are going to put it on an AK blank. Decided to use the 2004 Western Conference ASG jersey as my blank, because it's green and U of H's primary color is green. I'm replacing the white in the crest with cream to match the trim on the jersey. Since they have no hockey team, I can really do whatever I want!

Price was definitely right (well south of $100) and I've had them make me a crest before, they do great work.

Pictures will of course follow once it's received.

Not that this is any help, but part of me really wishes the university had a team. Imagine the ridiculous Rainbow Warriors motif we could have gotten ca. 1996. Sublimation? 3D logos? Gradient numbers? The options are endless.

There are a number of places that can do up a custom jersey for you. The real question is if you'll want vinyl printing, tackle-twill, etc?

I got this done up on Ebay (my own design) with Vinyl printing:

100_5295_zpsb2088655.jpg

100_5298_zps2d47b004.jpg

I went back to one of my old contacts, Dorholt Custom Sports. He is going to re-create the crest and we are going to put it on an AK blank. Decided to use the 2004 Western Conference ASG jersey as my blank, because it's green and U of H's primary color is green. I'm replacing the white in the crest with cream to match the trim on the jersey. Since they have no hockey team, I can really do whatever I want!

Price was definitely right (well south of $100) and I've had them make me a crest before, they do great work.

Pictures will of course follow once it's received.

I've seen jerseys that was done by that domestic counterfeiter and I've seen crooked lettering and laughably terrible misplaced patches (a throwback Devils jersey he did had the bad repro 10th anniversary patch he makes dead center on the lower back hem instead of next to the CCM logo).

I hope he doesn't mess up your jersey.

Edited by Devilsguy

I had a Devils jersey he made once, it was an excellent job.

A buddy of mine ordered a white throwback Devils jersey from him about 3-4 years ago. The jersey sizing was wonky (the arm stripes were at his wrists) and one of the H's in Shanahan was sewn on crooked.

Not only that but he is a counterfeiter so in my eyes buying anything from him is no better than buying the chinese knockoffs.

Im just having him make me a crest and sew it on a blank jersey. There's no actual product so I wouldn't say its the same thing as a counterfeit.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion.

Im just having him make me a crest and sew it on a blank jersey. There's no actual product so I wouldn't say its the same thing as a counterfeit.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion.

He sells jerseys with the Devils logos that he makes himself without paying royalties (he admitted as much years ago on a Devils fan message board). That's being a counterfeiter and I refuse to give him any business whatsoever.

Also forgot to mention he used the wrong nameplate material as well on my buddies terrible looking Shanahan jersey.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hockey-New-Mexico-SCORPIONS-Retired-Team-Autographed-Jersey-XXL-/321634200562?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ae2e46bf2

Here's one from the New Mexico Scorpions from the CHL. It's signed and not authentic but also rather hard to find. The signatures are from the 07-08 season.