Fantasy Hockey

Though hockey season is a few months away, it is never to early to think about fantasy hockey.

I am considering running a league this year (as I have many years for football) but am interested in having a pay league. Would anyone be interested in participating in a league with a $20-25 buy in and the winner of the league would be able to get an authentic jersey of their choosing purchased from Icejerseys? I figure 10-12 teams equals $200-300. The league would have a live draft and be run from some website (probably Yahoo, since the league can be set up free there).

Let me know if you would be interested in this.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though hockey season is a few months away, it is never to early to think about fantasy hockey.

I am considering running a league this year (as I have many years for football) but am interested in having a pay league. Would anyone be interested in participating in a league with a $20-25 buy in and the winner of the league would be able to get an authentic jersey of their choosing purchased from Icejerseys? I figure 10-12 teams equals $200-300. The league would have a live draft and be run from some website (probably Yahoo, since the league can be set up free there).

Let me know if you would be interested in this.

I am down!

I am down!

I'd be in.

• 1 month later...

OK, Yahoo now has signups for Fantasy Hockey. If anyone is for sure interested in this, please PM me and let me know for sure.

Also I need to know would people prefer a Roto style of scoring or a head-to-head type scoring?

I PMed you.

I don't have much exp in fantasy hockey what is Roto scoring (H to H is obvious).

I PMed you.

I don't have much exp in fantasy hockey what is Roto scoring (H to H is obvious).

Roto style is like how most Fantasy Baseball, Basketball, and Hockey leagues are run. You have the 12 teams and a bunch of statistical categories. If my team has the most goals I would get 12 points, but if I had the fewest it would be 1 point. Do that for all the categories and add up the totals and the one with the most points is in the lead.

The issue with Roto style scoring is that once you start to fall behind it is very difficult to come back. Unlike Head To Head where you are playing 10-15 games a week (depending on how many statistical categories are chosen) where you can be up and down all year.

Thanks for the help. I'd prefer Head to Head Scoring.

OK, after doing the math based on the established prices for the Reebok Edge Authentic Jerseys on Icejerseys and adding in the cost of customization and shipping. The total cost for the jersey, customization, and the standard shipping rate the total for a Authentic jersey would be $337.95.

For a 12 person league the average cost would be $28.17 a piece. I figure $30 a piece would be the entry fee to be able to cover all costs of the jersey and then the winner would get the jersey and have about $20 extra lying around.

I have heard back from 2 people thus far in addition to those who stated they would be interested up front. Now that the numbers are pretty much figured out, does this still interest everyone?

OK, after doing the math based on the established prices for the Reebok Edge Authentic Jerseys on Icejerseys and adding in the cost of customization and shipping. The total cost for the jersey, customization, and the standard shipping rate the total for a Authentic jersey would be $337.95.

For a 12 person league the average cost would be $28.17 a piece. I figure $30 a piece would be the entry fee to be able to cover all costs of the jersey and then the winner would get the jersey and have about $20 extra lying around.

I have heard back from 2 people thus far in addition to those who stated they would be interested up front. Now that the numbers are pretty much figured out, does this still interest everyone?

I am still down but I think we need to get a few more people into the league.

I am still down but I think we need to get a few more people into the league.

OK, in a 14 person league we are back to the original fee of $25 per person. I am going to set the league up. I will PM those who said they were interested so they can sign up. I don't dare go above a 14 person league since each team will carry at least 2 active goaltenders.

The league is going to be a head to head league so that teams can be more competetive for a longer period of time as opposed to possibly being out of it by the All-Star break. I will set it up for a live draft that way everyone can try to make it. For those that have expressed an interest, is there any particular days you absolutely would not be able to make a draft?

Right now I have heard from 5 people, we would need 9 more.

OK, we have 5 who have signed up and two more that are likely to. That takes up half of the spots. If anyone else is interested, please feel free to PM me about this. Also please feel free to ask others that you think might be interested. The draft is scheduled for 23 Sep, I would like this to happen but it really can't if we don't get 14 total.

OK, we have 5 who have signed up and two more that are likely to. That takes up half of the spots. If anyone else is interested, please feel free to PM me about this. Also please feel free to ask others that you think might be interested. The draft is scheduled for 23 Sep, I would like this to happen but it really can't if we don't get 14 total.

Well we can still do it but maybe not for the cash prize you were envisioning...I still would like to do it even if we have 7-8.

Well we can still do it but maybe not for the cash prize you were envisioning...I still would like to do it even if we have 7-8.

Well if we can't get enough for the prize version, I am sure I can get enough for a free version.

Hey guys..guess whose back!

Yeah I've been gone a long time because I bought a house and didn't have internet for quite awhile. I kept up to date with what's been going on through my work internet.

I could look at the prospect of joining this pool as well but I am green on these types of modes (HtoH and Roto) I always just play based on points.

Unfortunately it looks like I won't be able to get 14 who are interested in a pay league. If you are still interested in playing just for fun, I am still going to run the league. I am pretty sure I will be able to get the league filled on a fun basis. Hopefully next year we can get additional interest and make it work.

OK, anyone else who wants to sign up. Here is the information.

The league is on Yahoo.

League ID: 28304

Password: sweater

If you want to play just sign up.

OK, anyone else who wants to sign up. Here is the information.

The league is on Yahoo.

League ID: 28304

Password: sweater

If you want to play just sign up.

Let's Get It On! :fight:

I'm in. The chances of me being available for a live draft aren't good, but I'll prerank the players and live with that.

JeffB

Hey, I like the look of my team overall. How many people drafted live and how many autopick teams were there?

I was at the annual game worn jersey collectors meeting during the draft. That's an annual event I just can't miss.

JeffB

Hey, I like the look of my team overall. How many people drafted live and how many autopick teams were there?

I was at the annual game worn jersey collectors meeting during the draft. That's an annual event I just can't miss.

JeffB

I think there were only 3 people who were actually there drafting live. I think you and one other showed up towards the end of the draft. I think I am in pretty good shape right now, but things can always happen to change the course of a fantasy season.

I wake up this morning look at my team and 1/2 of them are injured!!! Serves me right for having autopick on with no pre-draft rankings. Oh well, the waiver wire is now my friend!

I wake up this morning look at my team and 1/2 of them are injured!!! Serves me right for having autopick on with no pre-draft rankings. Oh well, the waiver wire is now my friend!

Well not sure if this makes you feel better but one guy got Scott Niedermayer from autopick and can't drop him since Yahoo included him on the Can't Cut list.