Lost my grail on Ebay

Lemalin

I wish I ask for your help. :thumbsup:
I had found my grail jersey on ebay last Wednesday.
I asked the seller if he could send in europe jersey ( I live in France ) and he told me there was no problem.
The auction ended Friday and at the time of bid, eBay said me that I can't bid because I was living outside the united states.

So I lost the auction and my grail... :(

Can you tell me how I can get the buyer's name and if you think he would agree to sell it to me if I make it a higher offer?
Thank you very much for your valuable assistance

Best regards

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Send to someone in the US or Canada first. If you won the auction you should still have first right to the jersey

He said he lost the auction though.

Only way you could get the buyer's name would be to contact the seller and ask for it. Even then, the seller has no obligation to answer. Though I remember someone on this forum with a similar experience that worked out in his favor so who knows?

You can only ask the seller if he'll share the info with you to allow you to make that person an offer.

If they say no, you're out of options. That person rightfully won the auction.

Can you tell me how you will ask to the seller ?

I'm afraid he doesn't want to give me the name of the winner...

You can wait till the buyer gives feedback to that seller and find it that way. Then contact that eBay member

even when the buyer has left feedback , I think it is not possible to see her nickname or contact him

what frickin jersey was it?

It was a Kasparaitis Rangers liberty jersey.

even when the buyer has left feedback , I think it is not possible to see her nickname or contact him

It was a Kasparaitis Rangers liberty jersey.

Now, You should have just said that from the beginning because it was me.

Guest Dr_Puck

First, this story with Lemalin and TBG is awesome.

Second, you're right Silver. I've yet to encounter a serious troll or negative situation here. Aside from the occasional snark, most everyone gets along. #HappyThoughtsWithDrPuck

Gotta love this forum.

First, this story with Lemalin and TBG is awesome. #HappyThoughtsWithDrPuck

Funny thing is, he hasn't replied here, nor has he read my pm I sent him. He's probably asleep and has no clue. Lol

Edited by thebiggoalie

I won an auction last week for a Lidstrom jersey, the seller wasn't clear in the listing on whether or not he'd ship to Canada. I'd emailed before the auction ended, but he never got back to me. Not wanting to lose the jersey, I bid on it and won. He got back to me after the fact, said he wouldn't ship to Canada and cancelled the order. I told him I had an address in the US (father in law) that I could send it to. He said no, and asked that I honor the cancellation. We went back and forth a couple times, this shouldn't be a problem as far as I'm concerned, but he insisted the order be cancelled. I think part of it was that he didn't get as much for the jersey as he thought he would, and this was an easy way for him to get out of it.

Sorry to hijack your thread, carry on!

I think part of it was that he didn't get as much for the jersey as he thought he would, and this was an easy way for him to get out of it.

Yeah that is exactly what it sounds like.

I won an auction last week for a Lidstrom jersey, the seller wasn't clear in the listing on whether or not he'd ship to Canada. I'd emailed before the auction ended, but he never got back to me. Not wanting to lose the jersey, I bid on it and won. He got back to me after the fact, said he wouldn't ship to Canada and cancelled the order. I told him I had an address in the US (father in law) that I could send it to. He said no, and asked that I honor the cancellation. We went back and forth a couple times, this shouldn't be a problem as far as I'm concerned, but he insisted the order be cancelled. I think part of it was that he didn't get as much for the jersey as he thought he would, and this was an easy way for him to get out of it.

Sorry to hijack your thread, carry on!

Don't give him the option to cancel - send the payment and enter your father in laws address as the shipping address, easy peasy. He'll have no choice but to honour it.

Don't give him the option to cancel - send the payment and enter your father in laws address as the shipping address, easy peasy. He'll have no choice but to honour it.

Yeah I probably should've done that, I just didn't want any trouble. He was clearly disgruntled about the whole thing, I didn't want it to turn into this big issue where I'm dealing with ebay and Paypal because he didn't ship it, or whatever. I was very cordial with him, and he didn't respond well to that. I likely would've been more aggressive if it was a jersey I really, really wanted. I mean, it was a nice jersey, but I could find it again. Hell, maybe when he re-lists it, I'll bid and win it again, haha!

That would have worked. Unless he made it a term of the auction that he will only ship to a Confirmed address, but now that eBay offers seller protection without a confirmed address, most people don't ask for that anymore.

Well if someone bought that old Norfolk Admirals Authenic last week on eBay feel free to let me know. We can use this thread as an eBay misses post. ;)

The "Lost and Found" thread? I like it!