Layered/kiss-cut question for several jerseys

My Rangers/Mighty Ducks/Thrashers jerseys all came out perfectly from EPS, and I've got quite a few more jerseys that I'll be sending to them in groups in the coming months. However, before I do that, I'd like to confirm which type of lettering I should be requesting from them.

• 2000-04 CCM Colorado Avalanche
  • 1992-99 CCM New Jersey Devils
  • 2002-04 CCM/Koho (one of each) Los Angeles Kings
  • 2000-02 Koho Pittsburgh Penguins
  • 2000-04 Koho Dallas Stars
  • 1995-97 CCM New York Islanders

Obviously I won't be sending them all off as one order but I'd like to confirm ahead of time which style of lettering I'll need. The first set to go out will probably be the Stars, Penguins and CCM Kings, since that Kings jersey is a friend's that I'm having customized for him.

They should all be layered (at least during the time periods you mentioned), except for NYI, which were kiss-cut.

They should all be layered (at least during the time periods you mentioned), except for NYI, which were kiss-cut.

I've had a handful of Islanders jerseys from that time frame, and some of the numbers were stacked.and others were kiss-cut. Unfortunately I never tried to determine a pattern.

The only one I currently own is a #13 Claude Lapointe gamer, which has one stacked and one kiss cut number on both sleeves and on the back.

I thought I had seen photos someone posted here of a mixed kiss-cut/layered gamer, but after doing a search I couldn't find it. I haven't seen any other gamers where I could definitely tell they were layered, but I will certainly take your word for it that they do exist. Thanks for pointing that out.

Btw, I can't think of any 1990's NHL jersey prior to the Isles' fisherman that was actually kiss-cut. Anyone know if there was one?

Perhaps my memory is faulty, because after doing some quick searches, I've found quite a few layered Fisherman gamers from 1995-96. The kiss-cut examples I've seen seem to be from 1996/97 and later. So for sure there are examples of both, but I don't know for sure when the transition was, or if both were used at the same time.

• 1 month later...

Hope its ok to add in question regarding customization but does anyone know what the Canucks were using in 2004 on the white jerseys? I have one customized from years ago which while the fonts and materials were close enough I want to at least replace the badly incorrect "C". I've looked at pics of gamers and some appear to be semi-reverse kiss cut while other pics look layered, either way it appears as if the blue layer is a dazzle material rather than twill... anyone able to shed some additional light?