Dealing with Jersey Baron

DJ Rhea

I don't know of a single ebay seller who would prefer to sell on ebay due to their fees. I will gladly sell anything I have outside of ebay at a discount to avoid using them.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. Anyone know what the going rate off eBay was for one of these?

Wouldn't expect much off the listing price since it's a current style and the demand seems to be high.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. Anyone know what the going rate off eBay was for one of these?

My general experience with JB is $25-50 off depending on the demand.

Jb just responded to my email about discounting a hawks jersey (away) off ebay. He said $310 because hawks jerseys are very popular. (Incase anyone was curious about hawks jerseys.)

Edited by scarchelli

I think it depends on the price of the item. Typically around 10% I think. So, ~$290 would be what he would make off ebay for a $325 item.

Edited by scarchelli

He also seems to give a bigger discount if you buy from him often. Ive bought 5 jerseys from him now and each time discount has gotten bigger. Such as my latest purchase of a hawks stadium series for way under what he listed it for on ebay.

eBay and PayPal fees are 12% last time I checked. he should be giving at least that much of a discount off eBay.

eBay and PayPal fees are 12% last time I checked. he should be giving at least that much of a discount off eBay.

As a power seller though wouldn't his eBay fees be smaller than normal?

In my experience, he doesn't necessarily give a discount equivalent to the eBay fees. But, that being said, I've never really tried to push him to do so.

Yes, that's exactly what I was told. Plus the shipping cost ($17) makes it $342. So $310 is $32 off when he gets likely almost $6 off the $30 in fees, so really he makes only $6-8 after the off ebay discount. Assuming international shipping is in fact $17.

Edited by scarchelli

As a power seller though wouldn't his eBay fees be smaller than normal?

It's not that he's a power seller, it's that he's a top rated seller. But you're right his fees are less.

Regular eBay final value fee is 10% with $.30 insertion fee and PayPal is 2.9% plus $.30, which effectively comes out to 13.1% for a $300 jersey.

If you have an eBay store (even a basic one), the final value fee drops to 9% and no insertion fee, dropping the total with PayPal to effectively 12%.

As a top rated seller, you get 20% discount off final value fee so it drops to 7.2% and with the PayPal fee brings it to effectively 10.2%

So with that in mind, if he offers a discount of more than 10% he's cutting you a break, because he's making less than if he sold it on eBay.

Edited by akteon

Not that it's a HUGE difference but he's actually paying 3.9% for PayPal fees for anyone outside of Canada.

Not that it's a HUGE difference but he's actually paying 3.9% for PayPal fees for anyone outside of Canada.

Good call. That raises everything I said by 1% obviously.

I actually just did the same. He hooked me up with a plate for my Ducks throwback.

My nameplate for my Bruins WC jersey came from him. $13 shipped from Canada to New York, and received it in four days.

I asked about the Yellow Kings jersey and I got a strange reply from JB

As I am in Ontario he will have to charge the 13% tax I have never paid that on any of his jerseys

Sounds like maybe he got in trouble. If taxes work the same way they do in the US, he is supposed to collect that and turn it over to the government on a local sale.

Sellers don't charge tax, they collect tax. It's your government that charges you.